Find results in...

Healthcare Bill Passed by U.S. Congress

Adulese Games

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zetasis:

> I take it no one has heard the straight out lie Obama and the likes told and have been caught? Well the Obama administration said that ALL children will be covered with or without pre-existing conditions AS SOON AS THE BILL WAS SIGNED AND MADE LAW but when we went back to look at the bill…opps....nothing about that anywhere.
>
> Hmmm......false promises to get the bill passed maybe.
>
> @Tiggilyboo:
>
> > In my oppinion about f*ing time. But on the other side, now there will be more annoying Americans alive. Which is horrible to imagine.
>
> 1\. Americans are the only ones who understand and are willing to fight for their freedoms.
>
> 2\. Americans always coming running to aid other country's no matter what. Well until we got Obama anyways. Now Israel is in trouble and were no where…
>
> 3\. Judging from what you said "But on the other side, now there will be more annoying Americans alive." I'm guessing you are not American so, in all respect, you don't live here so you have no say in the matter.

AAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

ITT: Country mouse American fights for the only free country in the world, the unyted staetes of ameraka

@Olliepop#20:

> Congrats America, your healthcare is now only 40 years behind New Zealand and Australia!

But yet the rest of the world looked to America for medical advancements…now what?

Also, since the rest of the worlds medical systems suck now Americas has too?

Ironically that is a misconception, although some medical advancements have been made here in the states, not all of them. The truth is that the bill is 2500 pages of references to other bills, that actually just forces the health care providers to do one or two minor things in the span of five to ten years, during which they have time to find legal loop holes, raise their rates, lobby for more money and bills that work for them and them alone. The only people who won this round where the American health care providers.

@Zetasis:

> @Olliepop#20:
>
> > Congrats America, your healthcare is now only 40 years behind New Zealand and Australia!
>
> But yet the rest of the world looked to America for medical advancements…now what?
>
> Also, since the rest of the worlds medical systems suck now Americas has too?

We love our health care in New Zealand. Never any complaints!

FYI: Health care =/= medical advancements.. oh and the rest of the world exists too. Americans look to New Zealanders for a lot of dairy exports… now what?

@Olliepop#20:

> @Zetasis:
>
> > @Olliepop#20:
> >
> > > Congrats America, your healthcare is now only 40 years behind New Zealand and Australia!
> >
> > But yet the rest of the world looked to America for medical advancements…now what?
> >
> > Also, since the rest of the worlds medical systems suck now Americas has too?
>
> We love our health care in New Zealand. Never any complaints!
>
> FYI: Health care =/= medical advancements.. oh and the rest of the world exists too. Americans look to New Zealanders for a lot of dairy exports… now what?

First off what does your dairy exports have to do with any of this? Second off why are any non Americans posting about this when it has nothing to do with you?

@Zetasis:

> @Olliepop#20:
>
> > Congrats America, your healthcare is now only 40 years behind New Zealand and Australia!
>
> But yet the rest of the world looked to America for medical advancements…now what?
>
> Also, since the rest of the worlds medical systems suck now Americas has too?

We look on America for medical advancements? Since when? Sure you've come up with SOME but others have come up with MORE.

And, you healthcare the best in the world? What a joke  :rolleyes:

@Zetasis:

> First off what does your dairy exports have to do with any of this? Second off why are any non Americans posting about this when it has nothing to do with you?

Because unlike Americans we have an interest in world politics.

@Robin:

> @Zetasis:
>
> > First off what does your dairy exports have to do with any of this? Second off why are any non Americans posting about this when it has nothing to do with you?
>
> Because unlike Americans we have an interest in world politics.

True that. I'm American and I couldn't give a fuck about this.
Cause.. in all reality.. no matter WHAT I think. I don't have a god damn say in anything.

@IceCream:

> True that. I'm American and I couldn't give a duck about this.
> Cause.. in all reality.. no matter WHAT I think. I don't have a god darn say in anything.

Yup. Your voting system is horrible.

Same with your health care system, actually.

You spend waaay more than other countries yet your system is less efficient.

Sure, the NHS isn't perfect but it does a much better job than you yanks do.

@Robin:

> @IceCream:
>
> > True that. I'm American and I couldn't give a duck about this.
> > Cause.. in all reality.. no matter WHAT I think. I don't have a god darn say in anything.
>
> Yup. Your voting system is horrible.
>
> Same with your health care system, actually.
>
> You spend waaay more than other countries yet your system is less efficient.
>
> Sure, the NHS isn't perfect but it does a much better job than you yanks do.

gft

Robin I love you.

Reading the last page reminded me of an argument I had with one of my room mates on this very matter. fun fact: America is 37th out of a little less than 200(ish) nations considered to be first world in health. That means that there are 37 nations that have better health care than us, and while we bicker over how it's against our beliefs to give free health care, or if this bill was a good idea(this poll is still biased. Recommended option: I have a brain and have made plans to move to another country already.) they continue to get better than us even more so. With this as well as my unnoticed post from above(is a tl;dr so much to ask for?) I'll call it a day.

@Robin:

> @Zetasis:
>
> > First off what does your dairy exports have to do with any of this? Second off why are any non Americans posting about this when it has nothing to do with you?
>
> Because unlike Americans we have an interest in world politics.

Robin, as always I like you response. Also, I will be the first to admit I
I am wrong if this works out well but our government can't run Medicare or Social Security with out bankrupting it so I don't see this working out to well. It's just going to be another thing for politicians to put their grubby hands in and take money IMO.

Why wouldn't they be written out? They get better health care than most of the people who shell out 100-300$ per month for total coverage with the big companies just because they work in the government. The idea that free health care will make more people be lazy is just moronic. The lazy and stupid will be bumped from the system in no time. It's because of people like you who complained too much about how it was hurting you to pay a few cents extra in taxes. I mean that kind of thing is why they tried to bump me from my social security benefits and it took a doctor three seconds to reverse that.

I could see how it could make people more lazy but I don't think it will. And for the ones who are lazy getting bumped off, good luck. There are tons of people on medicare and the sorts who have never had a job a day in there life. I know first hand because I came from a family of druggies who used the government in every way possible just so they didn't have to do anything but get paid and taken care of for doing drugs. Now I am nothing like that. I work 50 hours a week, have my own health insurance, married and am getting ready to start a family of my own.

Also, to anyone who thinks they are getting free health care you are wrong, unless you are poor as hell and never had high expectations for your life anyways. The truth is now every one will have to get their own health insurance and pay more taxes to support the ones who cannot afford it seeing how they will have a government option. Oh wait isnt that what medicare is for?

Azure clearly you have never seen the people who milk the system. When my dads heating and air conditiong company gets contracted by the city to put in a furnace for someone (they are getting it for free) and they have a huge flat screen tv sitting on the wall. That is just wrong. If they needed heat so badly they can sell that 2 grand tv they bought. (it may not be a tv it could be any number of expensive things) This happens alot its not just some rare event. Alot of people become lazy because of what they get for free. It has gotten to a point where having no job pays more then having one.

This discussion is pointless. You argue a point because your parents have drilled a concept into your head. I on the other hand had no parents to do that for me. I've seen how the government works first hand. I like Zetasis know people who do manage to work the system and be leeches. From a first hand basis it's not as easy you like to think. Also just because someone has something nice does not mean they can afford things like Healthcare, or things like heating/cooling systems. Hell I can't afford to get my eyes checked, and I'm legally obligated to do so once a year. If it weren't for the fact that Medicaid pays for it I'd have lost my benefits years ago.