Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sad News

**UPDATE

Thanks to some help it looks like Ambardia will stay up.

Ambard**

Due to the lack of interest in the game I am going to have to close Ambardia Online. I can no longer afford the costs to run it. It is with heavy heart.

I want to thank those who have enjoyed it and hope that it will be forever a good memory.

Ambard

I hope you don't mind Ambard, I split and moved this topic to General Chat.

I just want to congratulate you man, you made one of the best Eclipse Games I've ever seen; great mapping, great graphics, and epic scripting!

It was one of the few games on here that I actually played at one time :)

A great loss.  No other Eclipse MORPG can hold a candle to what the Ambardian team achieved. 

Where will your travels lead you now?  What's next?

@Marsh:

> That truly is a shame Ambard, perhaps there is a way to just host on a home computer for free? either way the decision is yours. I am assuming Ambardia 3D is still in the works?

I am quite sad to hear this Ambard. You raise this game up from absolutely nothing and made it the best god damn Eclipse game ever. You put a lot of soul into it and I still remember playing the Beta for awhile and already sensing its greatness. Honestly, it would be great if you kept a private server going for those who want to still play it on a home computer. I'd hate to see all the work just slowly fade away. Again, congrats on making the longest lasting Eclipse project to date.

- Adulese

@DDunit:

> Can you precise who and how helped, so that we may thank him accordingly?

Possibly he changed his mind due to all the comments(He asked for help here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,59775.msg632451/topicseen.html#new) ?

@antho3000:

> I never played that game but it feels bad when good game creators have to leave their masterpieces

@Ambard:

> Thanks to some help it looks like Ambardia will stay up.

If you've never played it, how can you be sure he's a good game creator(Answers involving this thread will not be accepted.  :azn:)?

I'm really glad to hear you will be continuing this project! I have not been able to log in (?), but when I joined a couple months ago and was able to roam around I was amazed at how well it was structured and how much time you must have spent on it. It was very fun to play, exiting to explore, and extremely engaging. Congrats on keeping it up; I hope it remains that way for years to come!

@DDunit:

> Can you precise who and how helped, so that we may thank him accordingly?

It's a company and they asked to remain anonymous.

@JamesTown:

> @antho3000:
>
> > I never played that game but it feels bad when good game creators have to leave their masterpieces
>
> @Ambard:
>
> > Thanks to some help it looks like Ambardia will stay up.
>
> If you've never played it, how can you be sure he's a good game creator(Answers involving this thread will not be accepted.  :azn:)?

Dude… Its Ambard. He's like THE game creator for eclipse.

Im excited it's returning though! Hopefully many more players will come in the future!