Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cake Versus Pie

Marsh

Don't get me wrong, I likes me some pumpkin pie.
I'm gonna get crucified for this I know, but I never really got the whole pie & ice cream thing. It's good, sure, but I never found them any better together than they are apart. This is even more the case when the pie is hot, for me at least.
I find that ice cream and cake, on the other hand, can have enough similarities in flavor that they harmonize quite well.

Also, I feel sorry for people who think that cake is mostly chocolate or vanilla. You are missing so very much, perhaps someday you shall learn.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[PIE:

> Spike link=topic=60149.msg637959#msg637959 date=1273918399]
> here

Lol. Someone showed me that in college the other day. I didn't fucking believe him until we went and found a mirror and tested it out.

We announced it to the people walking past but they didn't seem to be phased by it.

@Thorn:

> I'm gonna get crucified for this I know, but I never really got the whole pie & ice cream thing. It's good, sure, but I never found them any better together than they are apart. This is even more the case when the pie is hot, for me at least.
> I find that ice cream and cake, on the other hand, can have enough similarities in flavor that they harmonize quite well.

I have to disagree. In my opinion, the temprature of the ice cream washes out the flavor of cake where hot pie and cold ice cream balance each other out.

@Ballie:

> Going to have to disagree, also. Never been a cake and ice-cream fan, but pie and ice cream is okay. That said, I still feel pie shouldn't be eaten with ice cream.

I think some pies are ok with ice cream (eg apple pie)

@LegendWeaver:

> That probably tasted horrible :D

Actually the cake was made by the guy from Cake Boss tv show that plays on TLC (yeah, cakes have a fricken tv show)

And seriously, if all his other cakes are anything to go by, that thing tasted absolutely awesome.