Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[.Net][C#] Juiced Sidescroll Engine

deathtaker26

[**Source Repository On GitHub**](https://github.com/DylanDodds/Juiced-Engine)

**What is Juiced?**

Juiced is the new up and coming 2d platformer engine written for the eclipse community. It features some special physics modules, semi cross-platform support, and runs of .Net and C#.

**Note to moderators:**

So I'm modifying this post now that I have some stuff done, I don't know if it should be moved after this, feel free to move it whenever.

**Wanna help with Juiced?**

Hey guys I'm looking for some default content for the juiced game engine, I require some sprites and tiles and whatnot, it has to be custom content that have matching styles. Message me if you'd like to help BEFORE creating the content. This is a must because the content has to be developed in special ways that involve loading plugins, and the style has to match what is already there.

My Skype: Dylan-Soulz

**Now uses Tiled Map Editor!**

**Screenshots:**

==========Updates===============

Alright, As of July 23, 2014, I have rewritten the source I had, this means I have successfully recreated the network in a more efficient method. Since the BinarySerializer won't work with mono I used an XMLSerializer, you never ACTUALLY have to deal with XML, but that is the serializer that worked. It now will send objects as needed through the network and you can create Packets as classes rather than as JSON strings of data, which may I add was an absolutely retarded method of networking. Thanks to Abhi, I realized that serialization was an option, I don't know why i didn't realize it myself.

That being said there are more updates to come, and I will POSSIBLY be working with Lex_The_Great, as him and I go back a while and I know we make a good team. Together we may provide both a tile base and a sidescroll engine to you as an open-source project. We call the team 21st Innovations, and we hope we can provide you guys with quality software to help serve the community.

(Image Taken on OpenSuse)

Sorry it took so long, I didn't have Photoshop and Had to change stuff to be available on Mono, but YES LINUX SUPPORT IS NOW AVAILABLE Proof:

Began drawing sprites and maps.

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/08621bd72c60e5e27094eed869c57d5a.png)

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/cb2a8c32840447f03dad3ca999c502da.png)

**BIG UPDATE!**

The engine is coming a near for a base release, it won't have all the fancy objects and everything but it will be usable!

**Repository:**

**[https://github.com/DylanDodds/Juiced-Engine](https://github.com/DylanDodds/Juiced-Engine)**

First Demo Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0J6RV7yyQ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=D you don't have to name it based on eclipse, in fact my custom java engine (which is progressing slowly but nicely) was named "Lotus Engine" for the Hasu in my username. I encourage you to use a more original name for your 100% coded from scratch engine. Name it Crest Engine!

Not 100% sure yet, probably DirectX as GDI+ is rather slow I might go OpenGL or OpenGDK whatever it is for C#. I think I'm doing a side scroller thing though. Mostly because i wanna make a side scroller

Edit:

OpenTK I was trying to remember the library name but probably OpenTK

Scratch that…. Tao is better.

> Not 100% sure yet, probably DirectX as GDI+ is rather slow I might go OpenGL or OpenGDK whatever it is for C#. I think I'm doing a side scroller thing though. Mostly because i wanna make a side scroller
>
> Edit:
>
>  
>
> OpenTK I was trying to remember the library name but probably OpenTK
>
> Scratch that…. Tao is better.

i tried MonoGame, it worked perfectly but for some reason the sound seems to work on only PC that have monogame installed even though i passed the required libraries. the drawing is perfect and fast for any 2D games and it's easy to use. take a look into if you have time.

**[UPDATES AS OF[/b] 7/8/2014 –--- 3:24am]

Alright, so tonight I have spent most of my time writing a input system and adding in an custom event handler system for the game. So That being said I am confirming the use of .DLL files for plugin support. You will be able to run scripts that are compiled into .dll files. All you will have to do is add the .dll file into a directory and when the server starts your plugin will be loaded.

This being said there are going to be 2 different types of plugins to be loaded.

The first plugin type is a ScriptedGameObject plugin. Basically this is a plugin that runs for scripted NPC's or Scripted Tiles, or even scripted Items, kinda like back when SadScript was a thing on eclipse stable...

The other kinda plugin is the EventHandlerOverride Plugin, this plugin will COMPETELY override the current events that take place when an event takes place. Just the existance of one of these Overrides will stop the server or client from running a specific event and run your method INSTEAD. For example, if I have an event that takes place when a character picks up an item, rather than the default give the player an item i could make the event instead just return what item the player is over and not even put it in their inventory.

You might ask why I would do that for the override... because I want the game to be fully customizable, if you want to make modifications to the current preexisisting events there WILL be default event codes in the documentation and source code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With this update I am also confirming that this engine only has plans to be released as a Platformer. Meaning it's only a sidescroll game engine. I'll be editing for 2d rpg style later, but the first release of this engine will be entitled "Juiced Game Engine" It is only for side scrolling, the second version release will be "Juiced RPG engine" and will be for your traditional eclipse styled games, but for now I'm only working on this. The servers might be multipurpose, not 100% sure yet.

Anyways, that's it for my rambling. Will keep posted.

EDIT: WHOOPS! Almost forgot, networking library is confirmed as lidgren, and the graphics and base is comepletely written with monogame which I think is based off of XNA**