Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pirates vs. Ninjas

lollicat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if we're talking pirates of the carribean pirates (AKA the super romanticized, totally unrealistic kind) or the actual unhealthy/scurvy bastards who were doing the pirate thang back then.
Same goes for ninjas. They didn't do the black outfit, they dressed incognito. They looked like everyday people.

So if we're talking both of them as the romanticized kind, I'd be torn. I think I'd probably wind up going ninjas, just because that takes more actual skill. Tough though, because romanticized pirates have those amazing swordfights on the rigging and in all sorts of weird awesome places.
If we're talking realistic, Ninjas hands down. Trained assassin vs. thug with a sword and halitosis? No competition.

Pirates are way better and cooler, there isnt a talk like a ninja day. They have way more style and are just straight up awesome. Enigmax knows the truth about this debate for sure.

Now assassins would be a tough one. But I view ninjas as there own not as cool thing.

```
<BGSOUND src="file.wav">

```

So I just heard some DISTURBING news, Eclipse. It seems our good friends Renzo and Marsh prefer PIRATES! What are they thinki-

Nah, just messing. Nice to see you guys agreeing for once. ;) You should pick opposite sides though and make this a huge debate like with the past two polls.

I always get a good laugh at your debate posts, Marsh. You're like 110% for whatever side you choose, and you always pull out some crazy figures of speech or situations to support you. "They don't have 'talk like a ninja day'" is pretty priceless.

You should be some kind of world leader. ;)

Well i like both but if we talk bout movies then  **** The ninjas i hate all that moon jumps and ridicoulus reflects btw Pirates movies are more realistic and funny, also theyr language is very simple otherwise the ninjas dont even talk in middle of the action

@Anna:

> True also Pirates have different skillsets. Ninjas are just specialized into assassination and espionage. Pirates can do both of those things (not as good as a ninja though), and do a lot of other stuff.

With the Ninja be the master of disguise and stealth, what stops a Ninja disguising themselves as a Pirate, heck lets stretch the theory further, what if ALL Pirates are just Ninjas in disguise, kinda like their day jop xD

*waits for someone to say 'but what if its Pirates disguising themselves as Ninjas' - to you I say 'Pirates wear the same clothes till they die xD'*

Yeah, ninjas are better pure assassins. But you don't always NEED assassins, you don't want precise killing. You want someone to cover a bank heist, raid a ship, build a sanctuary village, search ruins for treasure, mess with metallurgy and chemistry, and varied martial and social skills that could work for a wide variety of situations.

Versatility > Specialization. Ninjas are specialized; Pirates are versatile.

Actually Ninjas were a master of many crafts, it was neccessary for their infiltration roles, so versatility would go to the Ninja if Im not mistaken. Pirates were limited as they were essentially a rag tag bunch of bandits in many cases. Ninjas had culture and knowledge passed down through the generation that far exceeded that of the Sea bound Pirate.

Ninjas hide in the shadows all day and get paid to slice someone's head off.
Pirates sail the seas reigning terror and getting drunk while at it.

Pirates > Ninjas by a long shot.

Besides, "pirat[ing]" is the word for [something free on the Internet, or Limewire.](http://gprime.net/flash.php/youareapirate)

Time to drop the big one :)

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Ninja&word2=Pirate

Go[d](ogle) says Ninjas kick Pirate booty.

btw to the post above :

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=arse+pirate - There is no a$$ ninja :P lol

ok maybe there is but NOT as many definitions xD

Pirate all the way why would you want to be a ninja think of it this way:

Ninjas:

no matter how much of a cool thing a ninja does there always hiding so that no one sees what they do.

pirates:

Pirates are known they rain terror on all that pass and they did over time learn skills sets and tactics that worked best in battle where a ninja just hid and used little trinkets.