Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pirates vs. Ninjas

lollicat

@Ballie:

> Ninjas are pretty much dead. The only "real" ninjas around are the very few who undergo martial training as a lifestyle. Other than that, the other 99% of the ninja activity in the world consists of anime fans and silly videos. Take ninja's large amount of Google hits, for example. You have to admit, at least several million of those hits are probably from things like [this](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtIoGQxqQs) or [this](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8O_GfPpGI). In fact, the top Google hit (besides Wikipedia) was this [half-assed "Official Ninja" website](http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm). Scrolling down a bit beyond that, I see more Youtube videos with millions of hits from "fake" ninjas acting silly on the web.
>
> Do the same search with the word "Pirate". First, you'll get tons of hits for piracy, which lives on in the form of sailing the seven seas of the interweb. Yarr! The next hit (again, besides Wikipedia) is a site containing information and essays about the history of pirates. And you guys call pirates stupid? You might have more Google hits, but what those hits consist of is what really counts. A million stupidities is no match for one stroke of genius.

Who cares about the fans… atleast Bruce lee can kick jack sparrow's but anyday. And for you who takes pirates side... Wow you guys like rapists, theifs, drunks, fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards that room the seas looking for any person. so they steal his food and money, rape his wife (And not to mention 12 year old daughter). Kill them throw them out to see and watch the sharks eat them away. Then only to laugh and make stupid remarks get drunk and be the scum of the earth.

Wow you guys really got some good views there. AND This is who real pirates are not the restarted Hollywood actors.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tompwnage:

> @Ballie:
>
> > Ninjas are pretty much dead. The only "real" ninjas around are the very few who undergo martial training as a lifestyle. Other than that, the other 99% of the ninja activity in the world consists of anime fans and silly videos. Take ninja's large amount of Google hits, for example. You have to admit, at least several million of those hits are probably from things like [this](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtIoGQxqQs) or [this](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8O_GfPpGI). In fact, the top Google hit (besides Wikipedia) was this [half-assed "Official Ninja" website](http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm). Scrolling down a bit beyond that, I see more Youtube videos with millions of hits from "fake" ninjas acting silly on the web.
> >
> > Do the same search with the word "Pirate". First, you'll get tons of hits for piracy, which lives on in the form of sailing the seven seas of the interweb. Yarr! The next hit (again, besides Wikipedia) is a site containing information and essays about the history of pirates. And you guys call pirates stupid? You might have more Google hits, but what those hits consist of is what really counts. A million stupidities is no match for one stroke of genius.
>
> Who cares about the fans… atleast Bruce lee can kick jack sparrow's but anyday. And for you who takes pirates side... Wow you guys like rapists, theifs, drunks, fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards that room the seas looking for any person. so they steal his food and money, rape his wife (And not to mention 12 year old daughter). Kill them throw them out to see and watch the sharks eat them away. Then only to laugh and make stupid remarks get drunk and be the scum of the earth.
>
> Wow you guys really got some good views there. AND This is who real pirates are not the restarted Hollywood actors.

pirates still ROCK…....  XD

I agree wholeheartedly, Thorn. Ninjas do stay hidden, because they're scaredy babies. ;O That's right!

Pirates are loud, boisterous, and will raid your village all while announcing their coming, yet still succeed. Oh, and all while drunk! It's one thing to sneak into someone's house and kill them, but to yell and howl in drunken fury, giving them a chance to put up a fight before you not only kill them, but ransack and loot their whole city is another thing. Ninjas kill single helpless opponents. Pirates kill cities full of armed people. It's really hard to make a comparison of the two when one's not even a fighter.

@Tompwnage:

> Who cares about the fans… atleast Bruce lee can kick jack sparrow's but anyday.

Bruce Lee is no more a ninja because they both use martial arts than a knight is a pirate because they both use swords. And I also highly doubt that claim. Pirates had guns and Bruce couldn't deflect bullets.

@Tompwnage:

> Wow you guys like rapists, theifs, drunks, fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards that room the seas looking for any person. so they steal his food and money, rape his wife (And not to mention 12 year old daughter). Kill them throw them out to see and watch the sharks eat them away. Then only to laugh and make stupid remarks get drunk and be the scum of the earth.

And yet pirates dominated cities and fleets throughout history. Pirates might be "fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards", but we didn't need to kill people in their sleep to take what we wanted. Let's see a ninja get drunk, go in using no stealth at all, wake his opponent up and challenge him to a fair fight (actually kind of unfair considering one fighter is wasted and the other is sober). If a ninja actually had to FIGHT it'd be a much different story.

@Ballie:

> I agree wholeheartedly, Thorn. Ninjas do stay hidden, because they're scaredy babies. ;O That's right!
>
> Pirates are loud, boisterous, and will raid your village all while announcing their coming, yet still succeed. Oh, and all while drunk! It's one thing to sneak into someone's house and kill them, but to yell and howl in drunken fury, giving them a chance to put up a fight before you not only kill them, but ransack and loot their whole city is another thing. Ninjas kill single helpless opponents. Pirates kill cities full of armed people. It's really hard to make a comparison of the two when one's not even a fighter.
>
> @Tompwnage:
>
> > Who cares about the fans… atleast Bruce lee can kick jack sparrow's but anyday.
>
> Bruce Lee is no more a ninja because they both use martial arts than a knight is a pirate because they both use swords. And I also highly doubt that claim. Pirates had guns and Bruce couldn't deflect bullets.
>
> @Tompwnage:
>
> > Wow you guys like rapists, theifs, drunks, fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards that room the seas looking for any person. so they steal his food and money, rape his wife (And not to mention 12 year old daughter). Kill them throw them out to see and watch the sharks eat them away. Then only to laugh and make stupid remarks get drunk and be the scum of the earth.
>
> And yet pirates dominated cities and fleets throughout history. Pirates might be "fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards", but we didn't need to kill people in their sleep to take what we wanted. Let's see a ninja get drunk, go in using no stealth at all, wake his opponent up and challenge him to a fair fight (actually kind of unfair considering one fighter is wasted and the other is sober). If a ninja actually had to FIGHT it'd be a much different story.

Your forgeting… Pirates are a fail to life its self... Read my second last post ;)

You know, ninjitsu is actually brutally effective in melee. It's actually why I stopped taking it, there's no way it could be used for self defense. The lightest moves break arms, and the heavier ones snap necks and backs.
Also, the guns they used back then were stunningly inaccurate. If you fired at point blank sure, but even then the bullets were crap. The British actually wore silk because sometimes the bullets wouldn't punch through it, and they could remove the bullet by tugging the silk.
…the POINT of that was that that grade of gun isn't the game-changer you might think. Ninjas have poison blowdarts, which are more accurate at closer ranges and can carry lethal poison.

@Thorn:

> You know, ninjitsu is actually brutally effective in melee. It's actually why I stopped taking it, there's no way it could be used for self defense. The lightest moves break arms, and the heavier ones snap necks and backs.
> Also, the guns they used back then were stunningly inaccurate. If you fired at point blank sure, but even then the bullets were crap. The British actually wore silk because sometimes the bullets wouldn't punch through it, and they could remove the bullet by tugging the silk.
> …the POINT of that was that that grade of gun isn't the game-changer you might think. Ninjas have poison blowdarts, which are more accurate at closer ranges and can carry lethal poison.

Theres no point in waisting your finger energy in typing here. Ninjas win period.

Notice how they bring fiction into this in order to win.

The point is:

''Who cares about the fans… atleast Bruce lee can kick jack sparrow's but any day. And for you who takes pirates side... Wow you guys like rapists, theifs, drunks, fat, ugly, smelly, rotten tooth, low life bastards that room the seas looking for any person. so they steal his food and money, rape his wife (And not to mention 12 year old daughter). Kill them throw them out to see and watch the sharks eat them away. Then only to laugh and make stupid remarks get drunk and be the scum of the earth.

Wow you guys really got some good views there. AND This is who real pirates are not the restarted Hollywood actors.''

Ninjas rule. Period, if you like pirates well you like all of the above.

''Let's see a ninja get drunk, go in using no stealth at all, wake his opponent up and challenge him to a fair fight (actually kind of unfair considering one fighter is wasted and the other is sober).''

A ninja won't get drunk cause hes not a low life bastard. Pirate has fighting skills? Wow your literally just throwing random stuff out there... Why don't you just face the fact that a ninja is highly trained to fight and stealth while a pirate is a mere never trained low life with no sense of direction in his life but to drink, rape, steal, smell his dirty breath every day. Wow this is the most stupidest thing I've ever aged about...

Ninjas win.

The fact is, Pirates only come out on top if you're using cinematic pirates and realistic ninjas.
Both realistic? Ninjas win.
Both cinematic? Ninjas throw smokebombs and win.
Only ninjas cinematic…?

I'm not even going to justify that last one with a response.

Nonsense.

Liking pirates doesn't mean you have to like all of the above, just like I'm sure you're not a fan of breaking and entering and murder for liking ninjas. As you said, "who cares about the fans". If the fans are not important to this debate then conclusions about their personal interests are no point to make. It's contradictory.

@Ballie:

> Nonsense.
>
> Liking pirates doesn't mean you have to like all of the above, just like I'm sure you're not a fan of breaking and entering and murder for liking ninjas. As you said, "who cares about the fans". If the fans are not important to this debate then conclusions about their personal interests are no point to make. It's contradictory.

You know what, ninjas rule and the poll its self says it in the results. I am done auguring this non sense. You want to like these scum? Go for it!  :azn: *applauds*

Ninja rules  :icon_meditation:

You see though, ninjas weren't about breaking and entering and murdering. That's the thing.
It was first a defensive art. They learned to defend themselves proactively. They at least had a reason, even a halfway honorable one. Killing threats to preserve their families and communities? Pirates only wish they could have as good justification.

@Thorn:

> You see though, ninjas weren't about breaking and entering and murdering. That's the thing.
> It was first a defensive art. They learned to defend themselves proactively. They at least had a reason, even a halfway honorable one. Killing threats to preserve their families and communities? Pirates only wish they could have as good justification.

Pirates don't need to create petty excuses for their actions.

They do what they want without having to invent 'justification' for it.

@Thorn:

> Both realistic? Ninjas win.

I don't really see that happening. Pirates usually work with crews of a few dozen or so, plus have a ship. Ninjas work alone. If a pirate ship was to start bombarding a village with cannon fire, what would a ninja do? If this is the realistic version, the ninjas 1) likely would not be able to swim as swimming as hundreds of years ago, pretty much nobody would learn to swim, and 2) as I mentioned before, back in the time of the ninja, there was a great fear of sea monsters. If a ninja saw a pirate ship spewing forth fiery death from its cannons, they would likely think them to be some great sea dragon or something. Even if a ninja wanted to defend his home, he'd have to not only overcome hundreds of years of culture to believe that the ship wasn't a monster, but learn to swim on the spot through some kind of divine miracle, board the ship, then face down a force singlehandedly because ninjas work alone.

You could argue that a ninja would assassinate a pirate beforehand, during the night. That's also unlikely. Due to both combatants' lifestyles, the ninja wouldn't seek out danger. The pirates, being the ransacking bandits they are, would be the ones to initiate the contact. If the pirates were docked somewhere, it'd be a different scenario, but then there's still the issue of a lone ninja against a pirate crew of dozens. Also, given that pirates most often docked in pirate towns, that number jumps to the hundreds while on land. Plus, given the hydrophobic culture of the Orient for many years, I highly doubt the ninja would be able to even make it onto the pirate's turf.

Realistically, though a ninja is indeed much more skilled than a pirate, that would assume that the battle is rigged for one ninja and one pirate to be fighting head on. That's not the way of either warrior. Sure, it's not a fair fight, but it's a realistic fight. The only way a ninja could hold a candle to a pirate in a historically accurate battle would be if the pirates first offended but didn't destroy the ninja's village, then set up their hideout within a horse-ride's distance away, opting not to sail but to stay on land. The ninja would then have to sneak in on the cover of night and avenge his honor or whatever principle-driven action he feels compelled to do. It's a longshot in my opinion.

I do think a ninja could take down pretty much anyone one-on-one. They are masters of martial arts. However, in the case of pirates they aren't fighting one-on-one, but against a crew manning an armed ship. It doesn't really matter who you are - you'd need a ship of your own to even begin to have a chance of fighting against pirates.

I feel like I wasted this wall of text now on chit chat. Pirates vs. Ninjas is serious business. xD

@Ballie:

> @Thorn:
>
> > Both realistic? Ninjas win.
>
> I don't really see that happening. Pirates usually work with crews of a few dozen or so, plus have a ship. Ninjas work alone. If a pirate ship was to start bombarding a village with cannon fire, what would a ninja do? If this is the realistic version, the ninjas 1) likely would not be able to swim as swimming as hundreds of years ago, pretty much nobody would learn to swim, and 2) as I mentioned before, back in the time of the ninja, there was a great fear of sea monsters. If a ninja saw a pirate ship spewing forth fiery death from its cannons, they would likely think them to be some great sea dragon or something. Even if a ninja wanted to defend his home, he'd have to not only overcome hundreds of years of culture to believe that the ship wasn't a monster, but learn to swim on the spot through some kind of divine miracle, board the ship, then face down a force singlehandedly because ninjas work alone.
>
> You could argue that a ninja would assassinate a pirate beforehand, during the night. That's also unlikely. Due to both combatants' lifestyles, the ninja wouldn't seek out danger. The pirates, being the ransacking bandits they are, would be the ones to initiate the contact. If the pirates were docked somewhere, it'd be a different scenario, but then there's still the issue of a lone ninja against a pirate crew of dozens. Also, given that pirates most often docked in pirate towns, that number jumps to the hundreds while on land. Plus, given the hydrophobic culture of the Orient for many years, I highly doubt the ninja would be able to even make it onto the pirate's turf.
>
> Realistically, though a ninja is indeed much more skilled than a pirate, that would assume that the battle is rigged for one ninja and one pirate to be fighting head on. That's not the way of either warrior. Sure, it's not a fair fight, but it's a realistic fight. The only way a ninja could hold a candle to a pirate in a historically accurate battle would be if the pirates first offended but didn't destroy the ninja's village, then set up their hideout within a horse-ride's distance away, opting not to sail but to stay on land. The ninja would then have to sneak in on the cover of night and avenge his honor or whatever principle-driven action he feels compelled to do. It's a longshot in my opinion.
>
> I do think a ninja could take down pretty much anyone one-on-one. They are masters of martial arts. However, in the case of pirates they aren't fighting one-on-one, but against a crew manning an armed ship. It doesn't really matter who you are - you'd need a ship of your own to even begin to have a chance of fighting against pirates.
>
> I feel like I wasted this wall of text now on chit chat. Pirates vs. Ninjas is serious business. xD

Poll says it all.

Pirates!
    - 18 (36.7%)
Ninjas!
    - 31 (63.3%)

Okay, you're acting like the Japanese didn't have boats 500 years ago. Or that people apparently couldn't swim. I have no idea where you're pulling this stuff from, but it's about as wrong as wrong can be. They wouldn't mistake it for a sea monster, they'd be all "Oh hey shit, it's a boat with mortars and cannons. Fuuuu-"
Then they'd evacuate during the day, swim over and board the ship at night, and assassinate all the pirates.
Then the ninjas would have a pirate ship, and pirates everywhere would be so ducked that it actually is quite funny.

@Tompwnage:

> Poll says it all.
>
> Pirates!
>     - 18 (36.7%)
> Ninjas!
>     - 31 (63.3%)

"Who cares about the fans." ;)

The poll shows us that ninjas are more popular, true, but whether they win or lose, it wouldn't really matter in a fight. Of course, pitting them in battle is only one part of this "debate" as to which is better, just as the voting is only one part. Numbers aren't everything. More people use Stable than Origins, but Origins is by far the superior engine.

@Thorn:

> Okay, you're acting like the Japanese didn't have boats 500 years ago. Or that people apparently couldn't swim. I have no idea where you're pulling this stuff from, but it's about as wrong as wrong can be. They wouldn't mistake it for a sea monster, they'd be all "Oh hey shit, it's a boat with mortars and cannons. Fuuuu-"
> Then they'd evacuate during the day, swim over and board the ship at night, and assassinate all the pirates.
> Then the ninjas would have a pirate ship, and pirates everywhere would be so ducked that it actually is quite funny.

Kind of depends on the era. Ninjas were most common in Feudal era Japan in ~13th century or so. Piracy's heyday was in ~16-17th centuries after the Age of Exploration opened up the seas. The Japanese would've obviously developed ships by the time piracy was around, but I imagine there wouldn't be too many ninjas around during the time when Japan was expanding beyond its borders. While hypothetical in scope, the intent of the comparison was to pluck a typical pirate crew and a typical ninja and place them in some timeless world, much like Deadliest Warrior does.

Even throwing out the lack of swimming and the fear, though, that's still a decimated village due to cannonade. And lolwut? A ninja pirate? I do say, sir, that is indeed a beastly idea. If the ninjas were to take their skill and stealth, put it in crew form, throw on some bombards and hit the high seas, I must say that history would certainly be much different. We'd all be speaking Japanese. Good things ninjas and pirates never really meshed, huh? Hell, man. This sounds like an awesome comic idea. "Ninja Pirates".

Well, that's one thing to take from the debate. If ninjas and pirates were to join forces, they'd be unstoppable. They clash much too much to compare in any logical way, so combining them means all the bases are covered. They get strength in numbers from pirates, but individual mastery from ninjas. Firepower comes from the pirate's ship and cannons, and manpower comes from the ninja's weaponry. Perfect combination!

;D

So, imagine this classic pirate situation now with nirates:

Thirsty nirates dock in a nirate port to head to the tavern. Along the way, they see nobody. They reach the tavern which is packed full, but no one is in plain view, and it is dead silent…

BTW, that pic has it all wrong, Thorn. A nirate wouldn't be in plain sight like that. They wouldn't even have a ship. Nirates would have submarines. ;)

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> @[Cake:
>
> > Corrupt link=topic=61135.msg645471#msg645471 date=1275798813]
> >
> > Many Of your questions and or answers, were misinterpretations of what I said.
>
> In other words:
> ![](http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/StubbyOstrich/funny/thICONATOR_7025fa72499e58afb400120.gif)

Its not a "Burn" as you put it unless you fully understood the interpretation i was presenting.

@[Cake:

> Corrupt link=topic=61135.msg645729#msg645729 date=1275855391]
> @Tompwnageâ„¢:
>
> > @[Cake:
> >
> > > Corrupt link=topic=61135.msg645471#msg645471 date=1275798813]
> > >
> > > Many Of your questions and or answers, were misinterpretations of what I said.
> >
> > In other words:
> > ![](http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/StubbyOstrich/funny/thICONATOR_7025fa72499e58afb400120.gif)
>
> Its not a "Burn" as you put it unless you fully understood the interpretation I was presenting.

Reread my full post that a quoted you many times in. Then you will understand.  ;)