Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Trusted Website Hosting - Cost? One Ad.

silentdemonic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.c2f.me - Finally up and running. There MAY be bugs but if there is please kindly report them. I truly hope at least a few of you find this service helpful!

Steps:
1\. Check your sub domain is available
2\. Click on the sub domain or just go to account - register
3\. Enter E-Mail Address, Password and Sub Domain if you didnt click it from first page
4\. Wait to be setup with server information.
5\. If you have any questions just use the contact box or support link - they both go to same address and will be logged in ticket system.

Thank you :)

This is just a note please no longer send PM's to me or this thread Im going to wind this section down. I have a perfectly working Support Ticket System Im 100% active replying on.
www.c2f.me then click on Support.
Thanks a lot and appreciate all the feedback up to this point.
Ideally I only want to fill another 39 spots for now. So hurry!

Edit: I decided the post I wrote wasn't detailed or descriptive enough.

> Features
> You will not find unlimited features here, this is because hosts that do impose fair use policies on clients. "Hey, you can have unlimited space and bandwidth AS LONG AS you stay below a limit".
>
> Well, not here, we start you off with : 500mb disk space , 10000mb bandwidth
> 5 FTP Accounts , 10 E-Mail Accounts
> 1 Sub-Domain , CPanel Access with FULL Feature set
> Free E-Mail Support 50% Discount on Website Design Services with code C2F at SE all of which can be increased for just $2/month and will remove the advert requirement!

This service is a scam at best. Comparing to what Marsh offered me, and what my current ftp host offers for 5$ it's not worth the time to register. 500mb will fill up in a span of days if someone makes a fairly large webiste, or in a manner of seconds if I stick 100+ map files in there.

What I currently have:
1 gig space, 10gig bandwidth, pretty good connection speed; cost: 4.99$ a month. What Marsh offered me, Unlimited space, Free .com, Unlimited bandwidth, and some other odd bits I probably won't use; cost: 20$ once a year. Now clearly I don't intend to max out the bandwidth or storage just to do so, but my goal was to be prepared for a heavy load not end up back at square one.

Seeing as to this point Harris has actually come through on what he offered I'll use his service until I am ready to switch over to Marsh. :|

Hmm, I'm not sure if it was named but: http://www.darksunlight.com/
No ads, free, secure and php safety off.
Only down sides: restricted to 15mb (will probably increase) and you cannot use 'fopen' / 'fwrite' and 'fread'.

Comments,

@Azure:

> Edit: I decided the post I wrote wasn't detailed or descriptive enough.
>
> > Features
> > You will not find unlimited features here, this is because hosts that do impose fair use policies on clients. "Hey, you can have unlimited space and bandwidth AS LONG AS you stay below a limit".
> >
> > Well, not here, we start you off with : 500mb disk space , 10000mb bandwidth
> > 5 FTP Accounts , 10 E-Mail Accounts
> > 1 Sub-Domain , CPanel Access with FULL Feature set
> > Free E-Mail Support 50% Discount on Website Design Services with code C2F at SE all of which can be increased for just $2/month and will remove the advert requirement!
>
> This service is a scam at best. Comparing to what Marsh offered me, and what my current ftp host offers for 5$ it's not worth the time to register. 500mb will fill up in a span of days if someone makes a fairly large webiste, or in a manner of seconds if I stick 100+ map files in there.
>
> What I currently have:
> 1 gig space, 10gig bandwidth, pretty good connection speed; cost: 4.99$ a month. What Marsh offered me, Unlimited space, Free .com, Unlimited bandwidth, and some other odd bits I probably won't use; cost: 20$ once a year. Now clearly I don't intend to max out the bandwidth or storage just to do so, but my goal was to be prepared for a heavy load not end up back at square one.
>
> Seeing as to this point Harris has actually come through on what he offered I'll use his service until I am ready to switch over to Marsh. :|

It is interesting that you are the only one to have an issue as I have had around 10 registrations and counting being sent in. Those who register will know what is going to happen over the next two months so once the spots have been locked in - they will be the ones to benefit.

I really do not understand where you are coming from saying you would fill up 500mb in a few days - but each to their own, I myself currently have 150+ maps and custom music and the client size is under 70mb and that is with scrolling maps. I would like you to explain how this sevice is a scam when everything is posted upfront rather than being told you have unlimited resources (which will then have a cap) I think more of my clients and dont believe in using such buzzwords to draw people in.

You  clearly did not read that you could boost your resources for $2 which would be more than you are getting for paying $4.99 but I guess you didnt read that when labelling this free service a "scam".

You appear to have had questions and yet did not think to use the Support ticket system as everyone else did who had queries - I told you that you would need to register via the website, that takes less than 10 seconds - E-Mail, Password, Domain name. Out of everyone who requested an account prior - you are the only one not to have done that and this is why you do not have an account setup - you never filed for one.

If you do not wish to use the service - no problem but I will not accept you calling the service a scam when you have not even used it.

@NGHS:

> I wonder if he has set up spam protection, ill go test.
> Because if not, someone's just going to get his main IP blacklisted xD Time to spam some emails ppl

You wish to get a free service being offered to you and use it to Spam people? Have you heard yourself?

@Harris:

> _**Unlimited disk space , unlimited bandwidth**_
> Unlimited FTP Accounts , Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
> Unlimited Sub-Domains , CPanel Access with FULL Feature set
> Free E-Mail Support
>
> My details.

Harris you say Unlimited so if I sign up with you I can use 5TB of space and consume 100TB of bandwidth yeah? - Clearly not, this is my point with "unlimited hosting".

@NGHS:

> Also,
> You have no TOS or PP.
> So am I aloud to host Pictures of Chilidog or torrents?

You are sent an agreement before registration. ToS can be glanced over - this way I have proof of your agreement. You can host Pr0n and anything else you want, obviously if you host anything illegal such as Child Pr0n or warez etc then you are breaking the law and will be dealt with. I dont need a Service agreement to remind you of following the law. Also Torrents are not illegal - it is dependant on their content so you make the call.
You are getting a free expanding service from a fellow Eclipse Comrade you can get in touch with for any issues - why would you want to abuse that if you are at least half serious about your project?

@Zananok:

> link=topic=61391.msg649131#msg649131 date=1276520062]
> Hmm, I'm not sure if it was named but: http://www.darksunlight.com/
> No ads, free, secure and php safety off.
> Only down sides: restricted to **15mb**(will probably increase) and you cannot use 'fopen' / 'fwrite' and 'fread'.
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

Thank you for also providing services for free though you might want to increase that 15mb - most projects default to 10mb~

Hmm, first time I saw a quintuple-post ^^.

Yes, I agree 15 mb is not much, but like you said a project is in round 15mb~. But i'm considering having 50mb. However, most of the disk space is for 'Server Hosting' users which probably uses much more space than that and also, I'm trying to incentive users to use th file hosting instead of over using the space on web hosting, like for example with 'application' files and all.

Well, I hope that at least my service is on your list of 'tries' ^^.

Comments,