Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Trusted Website Hosting - Cost? One Ad.

silentdemonic

You are offering significantly less than what you've been advertising for days on end, and sure "plenty" of people will register when they don't have a clue about what they need, or may need. As stated above this is a scam, you force people into a limited amount of space and then add to it by forcing them to have your ad on their page, only offer upgrades if they pay you and use your services only, and yet claim it as "free".

Harris nor Marsh nor Zana do that. No one has truly unlimited space, we have established that. However anything less than a gig will keep 90% of fully developed web sites too small to expand. I mean a small forum alone will eat the amount of bandwidth you offer up.  As I said I gave both you and Harris fair consideration, I judged both of your services the same way. His is better, by far. Not to mention at least he's honest about it. In conclusion For anyone who is willing to pay you 2$ for that, I really suggest they go talk to Marsh. Man he's really gives you a lot for your dollar.

Zana, I take it you never got my email asking about ftp services.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I guess not, I was offering FTP access before, but i removed as it got 'a bit' dangerous. But with the new DP app i'm releasing this summer, it will also have FTP features (and if I say myself a way better ftp client compared to all of i have seen), i wasn't going to mention this until the end of the summer, but oh well ^^.

I offered few months ago unlimited web-space, but i reduced to 15mb as mentioned but i will probably increase to 30~50mb as i never seen anyone with a website bigger than that (ignoring the facts of having '.exe' files and all other things which is not part of their real website, my website is just over 20mb). However, i will continue offering unlimited bandwidth.

And about the FTP, here are 3 of the features included:
-Can do basic operations: create/edit/delete/rename files and folders
-Upload / download files
-Can create a 'special' folder on your computer and sync it with the one in DP. The files are updated in real-time in case of any change on your 'special' folder.
-Can manage both web hosting and server hosting files.

The rest will just remain a secret ^^.

But now it sounds like I'm making more propaganda than offering help, so i will restrict my next answers to the necessary.

Comments,

@Zananok:

> link=topic=61391.msg649213#msg649213 date=1276535165]
> Hmm, I guess not, I was offering FTP access before, but I removed as it got 'a bit' dangerous. But with the new DP app I'm releasing this summer, it will also have FTP features (and if I say myself a way better ftp client compared to all of I have seen), I wasn't going to mention this until the end of the summer, but oh well ^^.
>
> I offered few months ago unlimited web-space, but I reduced to 15mb as mentioned but I will probably increase to 30~50mb as I never seen anyone with a website bigger than that (ignoring the facts of having '.exe' files and all other things which is not part of their real website, my website is just over 20mb). However, I will continue offering unlimited bandwidth.
>
> And about the FTP, here are 3 of the features included:
> -Can do basic operations: create/edit/delete/rename files and folders
> -Upload / download files
> -Can create a 'special' folder on your computer and sync it with the one in DP. The files are updated in real-time in case of any change on your 'special' folder.
> -Can manage both web hosting and server hosting files.
>
> The rest will just remain a secret ^^.
>
> But now it sounds like I'm making more propaganda than offering help, so I will restrict my next answers to the necessary.
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

I sent it via your website. All I was looking for decent bandwidth(a few gigs maybe) and space. I think I'm going to go with what Marsh offered. Not to derail the thread further, I can pm you to talk about it. I told Marsh I'd let him know by the first.

@Azure:

> You are offering significantly less than what you've been advertising for days on end, and sure "plenty" of people will register when they don't have a clue about what they need, or may need. As stated above this is a scam, you force people into a limited amount of space and then add to it by forcing them to have your ad on their page, only offer upgrades if they pay you and use your services only, and yet claim it as "free".
>
> Harris nor Marsh nor Zana do that. No one has truly unlimited space, we have established that. However anything less than a gig will keep 90% of fully developed web sites too small to expand. I mean a small forum alone will eat the amount of bandwidth you offer up.  As I said I gave both you and Harris fair consideration, I judged both of your services the same way. His is better, by far. Not to mention at least he's honest about it. In conclusion For anyone who is willing to pay you 2$ for that, I really suggest they go talk to Marsh. Man he's really gives you a lot for your dollar.
>
> Zana, I take it you never got my email asking about ftp services.

Please can you point me to the section where I mentioned how much space was being offered or would you find it easier to point to the threads/posts in which I said that it will be shown on the website in due course.

Those registering so far are well aware of what they need, those who were unsure, used the Ticket System and sent a question in like a normal person would do before assuming things.

Tell me also where I "force" people into doing anything, if that was the case why are you not FORCED onto the server, also force tactics are run by unlimited offers, as it draws you into it being "unlimited" only to have a small section in the ToC about how much unlimited really means. Ive just decided to open about it from the start - or would you rather I insulted your intellect and pasted UNLIMITED everywhere and have you question why you can not upload 100TB of data if it is "unlimited".

The upgrade is to remove the advert and increased services maybe if you spent the time to send in your question like many others did you would find out what is happening to the free accounts for their early adoption however I wish you luck looking elsewhere.

I do not think you should be stating facts about website design which you have misjudged. Please explain to me how a Website which is developed in HTML/CSS and PHP would take up 1 GB ? Do you even know what you are saying. We are talking largely about textual data with the odd images. If you are looking to use this as a file server that can be done if you spent the time to do the math you would see that you could have a client of up to around 500mb and distribute the full package 20 times before expelling your bandwidth. Now as I mentioned my current client size is under 100mb and that is with scrolling maps 150+ of them, custom music etc. If I were to use that for hosting I would have 400mb free and could send the full client out 100 times before hitting that initial limit.

A Small forum would eat up 10GB in a month? Are you serious? If you would like help understanding usages I am more than happy to give you a talk on it at your choosing.
You USED Harris service you have not used an account with mine therefore your opinion on the quality of service is one based on opinion not fact. Please refrain from making such accusations - do you see taste testers judging food without sampling it? I think not.

Also how would you know what you get for $2?
Marsh is offering Hosting for $20 a year - a domain included valued at around $8 that means you are paying around $1 a month. That is all fine and good - but how can you compare when you have 0 idea what you get for $2 when hosting with C2F. I think its great people are willing to provide hosting so I got no problem with that - what I do have a problem with is people like you making opinions based on nothing but your own unfounded issues.

Please increase your understanding of the above issues before trying to use them against me and C2F especially when you have not used it.

Many thanks.

tl;dr.

Spoke with Marsh earlier. He's offering way more than I actually needed for 20$ a year, domain included. I'll be taking his offer hands down.

> The disk space and bandwidth I do not know as my host tells me unlimited also. Though I used 195 gigs of bandwidth a month so I doubt they would cut me off.

- Marsh in his pm to me earlier.

I looked your site over and it looks like a cheap template. I read your specs and it wasn't near what you made it out to be. It really doesn't matter how you phrase, over elaborate, or wall-o-text it. Harris and the other guy called it. I've given my non biased opinion, and you don't have to like it.

@Azure:

> tl;dr.
>
> Spoke with Marsh earlier. He's offering way more than I actually needed for 20$ a year, domain included. I'll be taking his offer hands down.
>
> > The disk space and bandwidth I do not know as my host tells me unlimited also. Though I used 195 gigs of bandwidth a month so I doubt they would cut me off.
>
> - Marsh in his pm to me earlier.
>
> I looked your site over and it looks like a cheap template. I read your specs and it wasn't near what you made it out to be. It really doesn't matter how you phrase, over elaborate, or wall-o-text it. Harris and the other guy called it. I've given my non biased opinion, and you don't have to like it.

From the moment you put "tl;dr." you just confirmed why you know nothing. You are no longer worth replying to - find the door on your way out of this thread :)

I was wondering when you might fix that. <_< I need not reply further since you've determined me to be an idiot. I leave with what robin said,
"You don't determine if you're service is trusted, your customers do."

You've been shady with me when I gave a fair chance and a non biased opportunity. I can only imagine how poorly you'll treat the customers who do not want to confirm to your service's real limitations.

This will soon turn into flame war or at least a "heavy thread".
Let's just keep the options on the table and leave this thread, (as by its title) was meant to ask for free Web Hosting services.

Each one here has its downsides and upsides.

I would recommend to leave this thread as is and move on to another thread, since i guess the answer to this thread was answered… unless anyone has any other web service to add?

Comments,

So far I've had no problems with this service.

I am using it as both my games Updaters file host and as my games News Page. The google ad really is nothing bad and for me it kindda works out nice cuz it fills a blank spot I had on my page anyways.