Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skilled Composer taking requests - Mp3s & MIDIs - CLOSED

Dark Crusade

_Hey everyone!_

With the vast majority of the graphics and music completed on my project, Elandor Chronicles; I've decided to allocate some of my spare time in composing music for anyone in need. I also want to gain more experience in the field, so it should help us both out. The way this will work, is as follows-

If you would like me to make music for your game or film, just reply using the template given below. Your only allowed to ask for one track at a time, however as soon as I complete that track for you, you may indeed reply and ask for another. Please give as much information as you can, to help me get it right. You may even use visual aids, such as a map of the area your going to use it in.

Here is some of my sample work, to show you what I'm currently capable of. Some were made to fit a medieval fantasy environment, while others were made to fit a modern, or science fiction setting. All tracks loop seamlessly.

I retain all rights to the tracks I make. Only the person I make the track for is allowed to use it, and of course, they have to credit me (Beau Buckley), and my website,  www.beaubuckley.info. By requesting music from me, you acknowledge that you understand this.

For examples of my work, check my online portfolio, or refer to any examples posted in my replies.
[MY PORTFOLIO](http://www.beaubuckley.info.)

Please use the template here, as a guide to how to request a song.

**Game Name-** The name of your game.
**Graphical Style-** If you supply information on the game it's for, such as what graphics your using and such; it should help me to make the track feel more suited to your game, and compliment the art-style. If your using custom graphics, you may even provide a URL to a screenshot, or just a description. It's also helpful if you let me know if the game is realistic and brutal, or comical and chibi-style.
**Name-** The name of the track.
**Setting-** The genre setting, such as Medieval Fantasy or Science Fiction.
**Inspirations-** If you want the song to feel inspired or have similar style to a video game franchise such as Legend of Zelda, please state it here, and I'll try my best to adapt it.
**Format-** MP3 or MIDI
**Keywords-** Words to describe the emotions the track will convey, such as eerie, mysterious, happy, or frightening.
**Atmosphere-** A description of the area the track will be used, including details on the environment, any monsters, or plot sequences in it.

Donate
If your happy with the free music I've composed for you, please consider a donation. Not only will it make me like you more, and make you feel good about doing so, but It will incent me to continue this service, and put you above the queue (wink wink), should there ever be high demand for my free service.

[![](http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7894/btndonatecclg.gif)](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ETCCS3F7GZX3W&lc=AU&item_name=Beau%20Buckley¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)

All money donated will go towards a high quality, sound-set package for the software that I use, FL Studio 9\. When I get it, I'll be able to make a more diverse range of realistic and beautiful music for you guys, free of charge! What I'm really looking to save up for is-

http://www.image-line.com/documents/varazdinorchestral.html

**Frequently asked Questions**
Q : If I'm not happy with the song you've made me, can I ask you to edit it, or even redo it without making you want to kill me?
A : _Yes, absolutely. To avoid this however, try and be as clear as you can as to what you want in your request description. If I feel you weren't clear and want the song remade, I'll probably put you to the end of the queue though, to give others a fair go, and possibly come up with some new ideas for your track._

Q : Why doesn't the song loop smoothly? There seems to be a small delay between the end and start?
A: _Because your name is Projeear and your using Windows Media Player to attempt to loop the song, which adds a small pause between the replaying of the song._

Q: What are the conditions of using the tracks you have made for me?
A: _I reserve all rights to the tracks, meaning I may use the tracks myself personally, or restrict you from using it any-more. However, if you donate this is no longer the case, and you will have all rights to the tracks, and be the sole user of them. I will always retain the right to feature the track in my portfolio though, which is one of the main reasons I'm working on these songs, for experience and for my portfolio._

Q: Can I personal message you the song I wish for you to compose?
A: _No, and I'm not sure why so many people are requesting through personal messages. This is a perfectly good topic made for your requests, where I can keep track of who I've composed for, what I've composed, and who I'm to compose for next. If your not wanting the track to be visible to the community then don't request, because it will be shown off in my portfolio, just as easy to access._

**Final Note-** I've noticed an individual who thought he'd have no problem using a collection of my music in his game, without asking, giving credit, or any sort of other intelligent pursuit. I ask of anyone who notices my music being used without sufficient credit, or apparent permission to drop me a personal message. When I make music for requests, it's for the particular member only. I want it to be unique and specific for them, and I also don't want to have to 'overly protect' my music, removing it from my portfolio or restricting it's publicity.

Thank you,

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name- Evandale
Setting- Medieval Fantasy Town
Format- MIDI
Keywords- Cheerful, Fresh, New, Start, Exciting
Atmosphere- A small cheerful, seaside town, that is where the journey of many young adventurers has began.

@Okaoka:

> Name- Evandale
> Setting- Medieval Fantasy Town
> Format- MIDI
> Keywords- Cheerful, Fresh, New, Start, Exciting
> Atmosphere- A small cheerful, seaside town, that is where the journey of many young adventurers has began.

[Evandale Town](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/01e511d1cdb6dfdc2efa5055f9125c70.mid)

I'm actually proud of this, was fun to work on, didn't even have a minute of writers block, thus the short time I was able to compose it in. I also couldn't resist re-orchestrating it as well. Have a listen to the MP3 version of it, it's on the first post, under the name 'Town Theme'. Due to the tempo and chord progression, it's not quite as cheery as I would have hoped, but nonetheless, enjoy!

Edit- Fixed up weird spelling mistake.

Name-Set Sail
setting-Colonial era/Age of discovery
Format-MIDI
Keywords-Exciting, Start, short, Port, Busy
Atmosphere-A port town, with the sea right next to it.  The docking area, filled with people.

Can you make this one really short?  I was wondering if it could be a sound when you press a button.  If you would rather not make a short one, then could you make something like that but a little les busy.  Thanks!

@Jeff:

> Can you make this one really short?  I was wondering if it could be a sound when you press a button.  If you would rather not make a short one, then could you make something like that but a little les busy.  Thanks!

Could you elaborate on that? Do you want it to be a looping track, or a sound effect? Please tell me the length, and details behind what causes the sound to play.

Okay, I would like it to be a sound effect i guess.  It would be triggered either when stepping on a tile, or pressing a button in eclipse.  I want it to kind of sound like a really short song or something, kind of like a little jingle.  Like how whenever you beat a battle in final fantasy games it plays a sound.

@GuzmanM:

> Name- Fighting Essence
> Setting- Fantasy
> Format- MIDI
> Keywords- Exciting, cute, cheerful.
> Atmosphere- Plains were heroes most take combat with monsters, surrounded by a nice and cute background.

[Fighting Spirit](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c8738a24e1d686152d01bf1bc5c5b4d9.mid)

I've never done anything cute and happy like this before, so I guess it was good practice. I hope you like it.

@Jeff:

> Name-Set Sail
> setting-Colonial era/Age of discovery
> Format-MIDI
> Keywords-Exciting, Start, short, Port, Busy
> Atmosphere-A port town, with the sea right next to it.  The docking area, filled with people.

[Set sail](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4d9804dc151b6ecdd83aebbaecdd98ca.mid)

From the information you've given me, this should be exactly what your after. Hope it's what you had in mind!

Okaoka, please confirm that your not banned, so I can start your next song. Marsh said something about banning you in the shoutbox, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere that your banned.

Hi there! I really admire your work dude  :icon_music:

**Name**- Pharaoh's Call
**Setting**- Ancient Egypt
**Format**- MP3
**Keywords**- Epic, Inspiring, Lonely, Call to Arms, Challenge.
**Atmosphere**- It's the intro theme. Some sort of inspiring ambience to a royal invitation to heroes to become part of a new adventure.

Hope it can be done  :cheesy:

@Okaoka:

> Name- A long journey home
> Setting- Medieval Fantasy
> Format- MIDI
> Keywords- exciting, hopeful, anticipation, fast paced
> Atmosphere- A long green plain/open field, with path leading back home.

[Journey Home](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/62eb68f9efd525105a772d6c73c6d66b.mid)

How's this sound? I think I nailed it. If it's a bit short for wherever you decide to use it in your game, I can look into making it longer, with a new variation or something. Just let me know. Else, feel free to request another.

Name- Sad Town
Setting- Medieval Fantasy
Format- MP3
Keywords- Despair, Death, Sorrow, Lonely, Sad, Slow Paced.
Atmosphere-A destroyed town, burned down buildings, people crying.

Edit:Fixed the setting :P

@Alatar:

> Hi there! I really admire your work dude  :icon_music:
>
> Hope it can be done  :cheesy:

Why thank you! And it can and will be done. Sounds like a bit of a challenge too, should be interesting!

Being the intro theme, is it for a main menu (thus loopable), or just for a prologue, or introductory cutscene/text?

@Alatar:

> **Name**- Pharaoh's Call
> **Setting**- Ancient Egypt
> **Format**- MP3
> **Keywords**- Epic, Inspiring, Lonely, Call to Arms, Challenge.
> **Atmosphere**- It's the intro theme. Some sort of inspiring ambience to a royal invitation to heroes to become part of a new adventure.

This was fun and challenging! Your keywords were a bit conflicting, I ended up making it mostly more lonely and journey-some feeling. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

[Pharaoh's Call](http://www.beaubuckley.info/music/pharaohscall.mp3)

I'll be away the weekend, so I won't likely get any requests done for 2-3 days. Also, a reminder that if you like the free music I'm making, consider donating so I can save up for this to make you even MORE awesome music!

http://www.image-line.com/documents/varazdinorchestral.html