Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Starter Pack

Helladen

This set contains a lot of resources for EO. I will not include the source or client just the folder of resources itself. This has custom edited Rpg Maker XP tiles with a lot more color to match VX sprites I was using. It has 1000s of sprites and paper-doll items. With many different resource graphics, spell icons, and spell graphics!

I hope some of you enjoy this and find some use for it. I posted this because I quit using Eclipse Origins, and moved on to C#. The resources are outstanding and any beginner should take advantage of this.

The credits can be located inside the graphics folder, simply credit those listed. I may have missed some, but it is most of the authors.

(I will not provide the sheets I splitted although except for the tiles of course)

I may be able to work out a deal for you if you ask in a personal message.

Simply download the item from the link below and place it inside your client folder.

http://jump.fm/NMXSI

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilesets are far too big. EO has been designed to handle small tilesets to save memory. Loading 10mB sets goes against the understanding of frugality which I think EO users should have.

Also, I see you ran an image splitter through Silverdale's animations and released those. Not cool. Your animation re-colours are also kind of bog-standard.

Apart from that, it's very good if not a bit generic.

I am not a fan of you crediting yourself when you've barely covered any of the original authors, however.

@Helladen:

> Silverdale's resources are majority stolen anyway.

What? I never mentioned anything about that. I said you just ran your image splitter through the set and released it without even checking them. Those animations were re-sized, re-ordered and edited to suit the game's needs by hand. They don't fit in with the rest of the set at all.

Robin seriously shut up for once. You always act like you know so damn much.

I by hand fixed them myself. God!

@Last Message
How am I supposed to know who all the authors are most of the resources don't mention who was the original author. Stop acting so horrible to people who try to give. You need to learn to be a nicer admin to people you probably throw away 30-40% of the people here from your critique.

You really need to stop taking everything I say personally. I told you where there were some flaws so you can improve on them. I said that, generally, the set was good.

Would you prefer it if I just said 'lol thats nice well done' instead? I constructively gave valid criticism.

Re-packaging already packaged goods is hardly a nice way to go about things, though.

> Eh, there's some huge cultural differences around here that people just aren't aware of. I live in Bradford in the North of England. I grew up on a council estate and went to a school where kids were riding motorcycles around the bloody hallways.
>
> We don't sit around politely telling someone they're doing something wrong, I fucking tell 'em to their face. I don't sugar coat my words, but I'm always 100% honest about everything I say. I can't stand it when people just say what they think the other person wants to hear.
>
> I've used Mirage for over half a decade now. I know it like the back of my hand. I've seen thousands of games fail because of the same problems, so if I see a game with that same problem, I'm going to tell them what's what.
>
> I'm sorry if you don't like my personality, but to be honest I don't really care.

I'm going to leave this here so you can understand more about where Robin is coming from ;D.

@Helladen:

> This set contains a lot of resources for EO. I will not include the source or client just the folder of resources itself. This has custom edited Rpg Maker XP tiles with a lot more color to match VX sprites I was using. It has 1000s of sprites and paper-doll items. With many different resource graphics, spell icons, and spell graphics!
>
> I hope some of you enjoy this and find some use for it. I posted this because I quit using Eclipse Origins, and moved on to C#. The resources are outstanding and any beginner should take advantage of this.
>
> The credits can be located inside the graphics folder, simply credit those listed. I may have missed some, but it is most of the authors.
>
> (I will not provide the sheets I splitted although except for the tiles of course)
>
> I may be able to work out a deal for you if you ask in a personal message.
>
> Simply download the item from the link below and place it inside your client folder.
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/?sydgdmqr12xhf6a

how do u add them ingame so i can use them for the editors? just started off some days ago with EO and i'd love to use this engine for making my mmorpg, but how to? plz help me helladen/robin or anyone :)

It says. Drag them into your client folder. Look at the folder names and match them up. Its not really that hard. I included all the graphic folders.

If you have a hard time figuring out the folders you should go back to Eclipse Stable no offense.