Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PLT Gui Topic (Image Warning)

TheRexion

@TheRexion:

> It's not for in-game usage.  Or do you not realize that?  I put that over to show it.  But it's a horrible GUI, period.  I'm almost finished with the new one and should post it soon.

Ok. Is the new one better?

Okay finally managed to load it and now I have regrets.
I'm sorry but did you happen to be eaten McDonalds at the time you were making this?
And what in the world went through your head about the watermark?
Also, when making a mock GUI, it's quite enough to simply put a dull blue where the map would normally be rather than horribly painful colours that mix together.
Why do you have such enormous buttons, and then such tiny text?
Finally, there is one thing that I like. You've made the "Quit" button enormous so it's easy to find. That way your players can save their eyes. Really, it isn't necessary to make it so large.

Perhaps you wouldn't get so much criticism if not for the ridiculous watermark and painful background.

Sorry if this sounds like flaming, but it's all true. You wanted criticism and you got it.

@Seijaku:

> Okay finally managed to load it and now I have regrets.
> I'm sorry but did you happen to be eaten McDonalds at the time you were making this?
> And what in the world went through your head about the watermark?
> Also, when making a mock GUI, it's quite enough to simply put a dull blue where the map would normally be rather than horribly painful colours that mix together.
> Why do you have such enormous buttons, and then such tiny text?
> Finally, there is one thing that I like. You've made the "Quit" button enormous so it's easy to find. That way your players can save their eyes. Really, it isn't necessary to make it so large.
>
> Perhaps you wouldn't get so much criticism if not for the radicchio watermark and painful background.
>
> Sorry if this sounds like flaming, but it's all true. You wanted criticism and you got it.

Your post sounds like a compilation of every post in this thread.

To show alittle example, I spent a few minutes on a Main Menu GUI. (Warning, it's not amazing, I spent like 10 minutes and just threw random stuff together).

>! ![](http://i27.tinypic.com/2itfmkk.png)

You can notice the strokes, outlining the news box, the border fills up some space. I blended in some pokemon for fun, the text is good looking, buttons are rather.. Not so great. But just get more creative ^_^ Try not to use a wallpaper either, it looks very unprofessional.

Truth be told, I don't know what else to use.  Abstract doesn't look good, and nothing else works for me.  I also cant think of much else to use…

On another note: I think that actually looks really good.. unlike anything I can do..

You just need practice :). What you need to do, is go look up Photoshop (If that's what your using, hopefully it is) Tutorials, no matter what it is.. Text effects, web site tutorials, ect. They'll all teach you some sort of style, and you'll learn off of everyone then you can mix and match styles that you've learned or even combine a few and get a cool style, ect.

I think that the equips should be on the same line as everything else. And one warning that i seem tos ee a lot, is to not make the QUIT button to prominent. it makes people kinda want to quit. i think i would probably put it at the top right or something, but thats just me. other then that, looks nice.

The main menu thing, i recommend changing the green and white combination color, it kinda hurts the eyes to see.

That was the OLD theme, if you read it, you would have seen that it was a mockup.

And your right, I should make the quit button so big.  The equips aren't on the same like because there needs to be room for the clock, and I cannot find anywhere else for it.