Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 3ds

Xavi

I own a WII and an Xbox 360 and out of the two choices I play my WII more. Why? Because the games are actually fun and any game that comes out on Xbox 360 is always better on PC. I am not a huge fan(if any) for realistic graphics. If I wanted something to look real I would go out side. Games these days focus too much on graphics and making it all look real that every damn game that comes out has the same damn graphics. At least the games that come out on the WII are original and unique(most of them). The only game I really liked that came out for the 360 was fall out and like I stated already it was so much better on PC.

The analog stick and bigger screen is pretty sweet. new motion sensor and a gyro sensor. and they even put two cameras on the back XD. but it's too bad both screens weren't 3D, that'd be awesome.

I think someone wanted to know: 2 GB Max. at launch. ; pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing

(http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/)

@DDunit:

> @Stephan:
>
> > I'm not thinking anything until they release the full specifications including the RAM and the CPUs.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Stephan.
>
> What about the document I sent you?

It didn't contain that kind of information.

@Chakkra:

> I think glasses-free 3d is ducking awesome. What is wrong with you people? NO GLASSES. 3D PICTURE. It pops out of the screen **by itself!**

To be honest, there are some issues with both 3D that use glasses and 3D that doesn't use glasses. They both suffer from the fact that they project a pre-depth-calculated 3D image on your eyes. The problem with that is that your eyes don't have to do the depth calculation any more and therefore might become lazy. With children that isn't a problem since it can easily be fixed by a surgeon, but with older people it might become a bigger problem than it actually is. What I'd recommend in the case of 3D vision is that you should only get affected by it for short periods to reduce the chance that anything might go wrong with your vision. I haven't seen much proof for this though, but it's better to prevent than to solve.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@NGHS:

> @SmackAHobo:
>
> > @Xavi:
> >
> > > After watching videos of E3, I'm pretty excited about the 3ds. Nintendo is once again revolutionizing the video game industry.
> >
> > Ha! Is this a joke? Wii = Fail
>
> From your eyes the Nintendo Wii is a "fail", but in the eyes of many on this planet it is an excellent piece of equipment. What makes it a "fail" you really have not included any information about your opinion.

Every person I know, plus everyone I've ever heard of, gets tired of the system and stops playing it a few months in, max. Its more of a novelty, or a kids console. Not much for a real gamer. The motion thing isnt implemented well enough to really be groundbreaking. Just a new idea.

They released a partial games list.
Checking out the screenshots for the games, they look great.

**The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D**

**Animal Crossingâ„¢**

**Mario KartSUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition
(name not final)**

**DEAD OR ALIVE®3D
(name not final)**

**KINGDOM HEARTS**
**METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D**
**RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS**

@Chakkra:

> It just blows my mind how images can appear to pop out of a screen by themselves…

they don't "pop out" it's more like… seeing.. ehm... into the picture.. like you could change viewing angle and such i think.. but it's definately an other kind of 3d than you know

-seal

@Sealbreaker:

> @Chakkra:
>
> > It just blows my mind how images can appear to pop out of a screen by themselves…
>
> they don't "pop out" it's more like… seeing.. ehm... into the picture.. like you could change viewing angle and such I think.. but it's definately an other kind of 3d than you know
>
> -seal

I was watching an E3 video, where they were letting people try it, and it actually does "pop out" according to the descriptions of several of those who tried it

@DrNova:

> @Sealbreaker:
>
> > @Chakkra:
> >
> > > It just blows my mind how images can appear to pop out of a screen by themselves…
> >
> > they don't "pop out" it's more like… seeing.. ehm... into the picture.. like you could change viewing angle and such I think.. but it's definately an other kind of 3d than you know
> >
> > -seal
>
> I was watching an E3 video, where they were letting people try it, and it actually does "pop out" according to the descriptions of several of those who tried it

then, they are stupid… it's stereoscopic 3d which gives you the feel of like a few more centimeters of deph in the pictures... ( source is a german side with an article of someone who actually played with it for a while aswell )

-seal