Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Quest system - edited

Qazek

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After further testing with this I have discovered that for some reason the Reward Item Textbox amount gets set to 0 while the amount of Required Items Textbox is set to what ever the Reward Item was.

I hope this makes sense. If I need to elaborate a little more let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@Qazek:

> This is 100% working quest system for EO, but only for advanced Visual Basic 6 users. If you are noob **you must stop create games without "brain" !!!**
>
> :evil:

I'm not a complete newb when it comes to vb6\. Anyway, I put the code in all the right spots, created "quests" folder in data folder, created QUEST.ini in there. I managed to resize the window so you can see the editor. So that much is done, but the quests dont work i tell ya. As soon as i attack the quest npc, i get type mismatch error 13 in the server, and it points me to this line of code in "CanAttackNpc":

```
If GetVar("data\quest\" & GetPlayerName(Attacker) & ".ini", "QUEST", "Quest" & Npc(NpcNum).QuestNum) = 0 Then
```
Is it possible this version doesnt work with the latest eo? Other people in here seemed to have the same problem, so im not the only one.

@[Cake:

> Vitin â„¢ link=topic=62859.msg692057#msg692057 date=1284335770]
> I think he meant make a visual quest system , not a text based

yea, i'm not familiar with how eo displays images with text on it. but a visual quest system is exactly what im refering to.

I have an idea for a quest journal to use with this, but I'm not sure how to put it in exactly…

The idea I had was this:

Make an image on the main menu that calls a sub QuestJournal, let's say.

This questjournal sub checks to see which quests in the playername.ini file are still flagged at 1, but not 0 or 2\. For the ones that are still in progress a mesage would display "You read through the quest journal" or something like that and it would display all the npc messages that you have quests still pending for (from the original quest message before the flag was raised to 1 in the .ini file). Hope that makes sense.

What do you more intelligent coders think, would it be fairly easy to implement this?

Thanks!! :renzo: