Find results in...

[MMO] World of Warcraft

BlazingShadow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thorn:

> BAH, private servers. I used them like a demo, then went to retail.

Sorry, I can't afford to pay 15$ a month. Also, his private server isn't like "hey donate to us and we'll make you unstoppable!" No, it's totally balanced, the only downfall is that some of the dungeon scripts don't work. Anyone interested, go to *no private servers*.

WoW is starting to go down in the chain for best MMO actually. XD Be surprised to see what all is above it. There are alot of other games, but the only main reason why they are better than WoW is cause their just a replica of WoW. I havent seen 1 game not 1 that wasnt an exact replica of WoW. XD WoW can be hard to top, but not impossible.

The only real reason why I play is cause my BF's Guild their hilarious, especially when stoned and drunk, their funny on vent and in raid. haha I get amused by it. Game can be addicting, but thats when you take a step back and come to realize its "Just a Game" no real reason to stress over it. Its gunna be there in the morning anyways.

I started playing on a private server now.

Sorry marsh! :( But the acc I was using before was only a trial acc.

Are guilds through all realms (Can you make a guild in 1 realm and it counts in all realms) Or just the realm you make them in?

And soul, why did you edit Wraith's post? What was wrong with it?

You mean 2.1.2? How is that a copyright infringement?

Thorn, if you read my post, I was never actually on retail. Because I never got the retail version. Just downloaded the trial.

And trust me, I won't go back unless I start getting big paychecks.

Which, considering my age of 14, isn't likely to happen for about 10+ years.

@BlazingShadow:

> You mean 2.1.2? How is that a copyright infringement?
>
> Thorn, if you read my post, I was never actually on retail. Because I never got the retail version. Just downloaded the trial.
>
> And trust me, I won't go back unless I start getting big paychecks.
>
> Which, considering my age of 14, isn't likely to happen for about 10+ years.

How about you check the rule above it talking about no private servers. Thought so.

Oh right… Sorry then, I'll keep that in mind from now on.

But 1 question, what's wrong with private servers? The rule's there so I won't break it anymore but I just want to know.

Thorn, like I said, I'm 14, Where am I gunna get $15 a month from (or $14 for 6 months or $13 for 3 months.)?

They're illegal because you're experiencing the content that people worked long and hard to make and they aren't getting any payment for their work from it. It's kind of like downloading music, you're not depriving anyone of it by taking it, but that doesn't mean it's not theft.

15 a month is easy. Like I said, find two quarters a day on the side of the road and that's it, failing that find a job as a dishwasher or something. If that doesn't work, you can always make and sell stuff, I have a friend that makes chainmail. He can sell a chain shirt for like 300 bucks, and people do buy them.
Also, chainmail hacky sacks are badass. Marsh can kick them into a puddle, and we can keep going without getting crap all over our pants xD

Oh, I thought the owners of these Private servers just bught them from Blizzard for like $2000 lol.

First of all, I won't find 2 cents at the side of the road cos we don't have cents in england lol, second, I'd need the money in a bank account, I have paypal, but I can't just put a coin in my CPU and it puts it in my paypal so, Im screwed there.
Finally, I'm starting my OWN company (See my sig) so I'll get that kicked off and then get money from that when I need it, for now I'll stick to [Un-named Private WoW server] lool XD

Wow, thats pretty awesome ^-^.

Your 14\. im 14\. you can get a job at a place like krispy kremes or something, and in 2 hours of work, you have enough to pay for a month of gaming. i used to think 15 dollars was too much, but then i thought about it, and realized how little work can get you that much.

Thorn, does the guy that makes the chainmails have a online business? id be interested to buy a chainmail hackysack xD.

@Thorn:

> They're illegal because you're experiencing the content that people worked long and hard to make and they aren't getting any payment for their work from it. It's kind of like downloading music, you're not depriving anyone of it by taking it, but that doesn't mean it's not theft.
>
> 15 a month is easy. Like I said, find two quarters a day on the side of the road and that's it, failing that find a job as a dishwasher or something. If that doesn't work, you can always make and sell stuff, I have a friend that makes chainmail. He can sell a chain shirt for like 300 bucks, and people do buy them.
> Also, chainmail hacky sacks are badass. Marsh can kick them into a puddle, and we can keep going without getting crap all over our pants xD

What if you've bought their games, and multiple copies of them, and have payed for more than 3 years of subscription fees? ;D.
Also Private Servers are a damn different experience then retail, custom features, vendors, quests etc. I remember scripting boss encounters for shits and giggles. Gud stuff.

No, he basically just does it by word of mouth. I'll tell him to set up an internet store, though.

Also, buying stuff from a company doesn't entitle you to free stuff from them. At any rate, most private servers just suck. Custom vendors? Great, I can get my sanctified T10 gear by talking to this guy. All the custom quests that I've seen are just more Kill X many Y, and ALL the private servers I've EVER seen have had many things that don't work, i.e. some class spells and general features.
The only good custom features that I like, and these are the private servers I WILL play on, are the ones where they build platforming areas. You know, where there's a ton of floating stuff in a giant field, and you have to get your way to the top? I kick ass at that.

What it comes down to though is just to get a job. It isn't hard, you can get a dishwashing job anywhere and in one night you'll have enough for a month of subscription fees with cash left over.