Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[MMO] World of Warcraft

BlazingShadow

Yes, i'm a WoW fan. And I think this game is EPIC!

If you haven't tried it yet, go and get the trial NOW!

If you want to meet me, I'm walking around Dun Morogh and Loch Modan with a Dwarf hunter called Derefury on the Earthen Ring realm. I'll give you some cool items too if you want and help you level up.

We could even start an Eclipser guild on it :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twisting Nether Horde is where it's at. Got me an 80 undead warlock and an 80 tauren warrior, and when Marsh plays that's the server he's on.
We totally should get an eclipse guild going though. FOR THE HORDE!!!111one

after I played asheron's call 2 back in the day, WoW game play is crap.

The whole leveling system is retarded where you have to spend money on spells. I never liked games like this (and yet im making one but thats default leveling in eclipse).

also the graphics omg gnomes dont look like that get them some better hair styles WTF.

I played WoW for too much and i was very addicted until i got bored i played in the original one and the private servers.
I had a DK lvl 80 troll shaman lvl 80 druid lvl 75 rogue lvl 80 they were all horde, i had other chars lvl 30-45 Alliance.

First up, Horde is just better. I've played both, and Horde seems to generally have more laid-back, mature players than Alliance. Not saying all of them, just an average. Also, we have Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse: (extreme language warning)

>! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c

Anyway, what makes the game fun for me is the social aspect. Everything from trying to work alongside 9-24 other people to take down one massive boss to just RPing and hanging out. It's not a twitch game like some, but I really like it.

[EDIT]

Asheron's call 2 is a DIFFERENT GAME, obviously, so don't expect similar things. There are plenty of games where you have to spend money on levelling (and don't whine, you can get enough cash for training in like 2 minutes).
Also, they're entitled to their interpretation of creatures. Their Gnomes don't happen to be the same as your Gnomes. Oh well.

[EDIT]

This argument again…
I've played since vanilla. A lot has changed, but for the most part it's been for the better. Would you prefer oldschool PvP, where you had to basically grind PvP 6 days a week? I wouldn't. Also, being able to actually get into a raid and go somewhere is nice. Did you ever run Nax back in the day? Total wipefest, even for the best guilds.
Take of your nostalgia goggles, the game has gotten better.

@Thorn:

> Anyway, what makes the game fun for me is the social aspect. Everything from trying to work alongside 9-24 other people to take down one massive boss to just RPing and hanging out. It's not a twitch game like some, but I really like it.

I respect that, the game can be fun IF you play with cool people. If you can get a legit group of mature players for a raid, then congrats for you, but when I played it I had difficulty finding these mature players.

*Puts on 'nostalgia goggles'*

I miss Shadowbane, that game truly brought out the social aspect of an MMO, the whole game was revolved around 40 player guilds and GvG city wars. Ahh, the good ol' days.

*Takes off 'nostalgia goggles'*

I would get into WoW again just to play with you guys, but alas I am broke and cannot afford to play it. Not to mention school starts soon.

WoW is the greatest MMO in the world at the moment imo. I pay on a private server and I'm a lvl 80 Enh Sham. I used to play retail and used to have a lvl 80 Shaman and lvl 80 warlock. If the game is boring then like Thorn said, you're playing it wrong. Look at some tutorials on what the hell to do because there are many things to do besides questing and levelling.

I'm in a cool group called the Dragonhawk Brigade. Tons of RP events, really cool people, AND we're most of the way through Icecrown.
Also, for e-peen, a link to my character:

[http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Kaelzoroden](http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Kaelzoroden)

BAH, private servers. I used them like a demo, then went to retail.

@DrNova:

> @Urahara:
>
> > I tried out the trial… And I think I am the only one who thinks WoW is shit.
>
> You dislike everything.

I dislike everything what eh has to be eh… "Disliked". By the way, don't play WoW. WoW makes you crazy, just ruïns your live. You are going to think: "No problem, i won't be addicted!" But believe me, you will. And you will go crazy if you can't play. You will even play on the WC, you are not going to sleep etc., trust me.

@Urahara:

> I dislike everything what eh has to be eh… "Disliked". By the way, don't play WoW. WoW makes you crazy, just ruïns your live. You are going to think: "No problem, I won't be addicted!" But believe me, you will. And you will go crazy if you can't play. You will even play on the WC, you are not going to sleep etc., trust me.

So let me get this straight…
You only played the trial, and yet you are trying to present yourself as some sort of authority on "if you play you WILL GET ADDICTED".
Piss off, you just basically admitted you don't know what you're talking about.

If you have an addictive personality, then sure, you'll get addicted. The same people are the ones that get addicted to H&H, and countless other games. Most of the people that play WoW have perfectly normal lives outside of it. I work, I'm saving for college, and I volunteer at a wildlife shelter. I've been playing WoW since vanilla.

Now I'd like to know why you think you know so much about this game and being addicted to it.