Find results in...

Robin's programming shop

Robin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kinjiru:

> The amazing engine is $138.50, thats crazy to spend on a 2d engine. But the individual features are pretty fairly priced.

Considering how much you get in the WN source, I'd say it's a fair price. Months of work have gone into it, and it contains tons of things you can't find anywhere else.

As for Robin's Amazing Packageâ„¢, it's simply there for people who want to buy everything in the shop. I think anyone who does that deserves a 10% discount.

To put it into perspective, it'd cost around £90 to take your family out for a meal over here. Instead of a curry, you get an engine which will last you for months, possibly years.

@Kinjiru:

> The amazing engine is $138.50, thats crazy to spend on a 2d engine. But the individual features are pretty fairly priced.

Why is it crazy to spend money on a 2d game engine? Ambardia has made that back in donations and our in-game item mall several times over.
I guess it would be crazy if you were not serious about running a great game.

Pretty much. ;D

If you don't want to spend money on it, then don't.

I've released tons of amazing stuff on this forum. Origins is more than enough to make a casual ORPG as long as you've got a few months to learn how to add the stuff in yourself.

The people who buy from the shop are people who realise that if you want to seriously make an ORPG, the best thing to do is to pay the person who knows the source code best to do the changes for you.

@Robin:

> Pretty much. ;D
>
> If you don't want to spend money on it, then don't.
>
> I've released tons of amazing stuff on this forum. Origins is more than enough to make a casual ORPG as long as you've got a few months to learn how to add the stuff in yourself.
>
> The people who buy from the shop are **people who realise that if you want to seriously make an ORPG, the best thing to do is to pay the person who knows the source code best to do the changes for you.**

My secondary thought in bold. ;D Now to get money…. I'll need a cane, some glasses... and a cup. XD

@Kinjiru:

> I wasn't saying your work wasn't worth it, I would gladly purchase it if I had a job. And having that engine would make development alot easier, but there's no way I could put that much into something right now.

Yeah, I understand. Just felt I had to justify the cost. Honestly, if you're not willing to put money into a project, you could very easily build up Origins to the same level as WN in just a few months.

Lol.. Robins Amazing Package has given me a dilemma.

Purchase his package.. Or pay rent.. =p

Leaning towards his package..
;)

EDIT: Jesus christ Robin how big is your family?! I could take my extended family out to dinner for that amount! =/

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> didnt notice this board…
> explains alot... cant say that I blame you though.
>
> Does Robin's Amazing Package!â„¢ come with auto-tiles?

The package is everything in the shop bundled together at a 10% discount.

@Robin:

> @Kinjiru:
>
> > The amazing engine is $138.50, thats crazy to spend on a 2d engine. But the individual features are pretty fairly priced.
>
> Considering how much you get in the WN source, I'd say it's a fair price. Months of work have gone into it, and it contains tons of things you can't find anywhere else.
>
> As for Robin's Amazing Packageâ„¢, it's simply there for people who want to buy everything in the shop. I think anyone who does that deserves a 10% discount.
>
> To put it into perspective, it'd cost around £90 to take your family out for a meal over here. Instead of a curry, you get an engine which will last you for months, possibly years.

True that. It is a good price to for everything and you have to charge for how long you got. Like every good programmers says… if there is no money in it, then there is no point in doing it.

I've already spent prob over $100 on the Zacaras Empire source, and by looking at the other system I have in ZE made by a few other people and then looking at the coding in the party system I already bought from Robin and some of these other features for sale by him. I'd say his prices are very fair and some IMO r too low.

Like Ambard said, if you make a good enough game to get donations you can make the money back pretty easily.

I can keep the costs down if I get enough people buying them. The more people who buy stuff, the cheaper I can make new stuff I sell. I get the same amount of money as I would selling stuff for higher prices, and all my customers get low-price features. It's a win-win situation.