• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

@Robin:

> @Miguu:
>
> > That's a very good question. The packet system from [EO] 1.1.0 and older is defective to the point where the server rejects more than 3 connections at once.
>
> That's a small problem with the implementation of Winsock, not the packets.

Sorry. Excuse my ignorance.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=65445.msg705362#msg705362 date=1288087131]
> @Chuchoide:
>
> > It can't be released soon, cuz as you told me, it would be a Buggy Alpha… would prefer waiting for bug free than a buggy version.
>
> well, releasing it would mean we could work on it too ya know…
>
> there are more .net users around here xd
>
> still, cant wait, this will pawn ^^
>
> Dami

^ Miguu I beleive this was the said quote.

@☺☻☺:

> I see project is moving fast. That's good hope to see it out very soon.

We shall see when Saturday comes when I start asking about upates. I told him I'd ask him about updates once a week and that is on saturday.

The graphics system is GDI+… it is default in vb.net and is used to display forms and stuff. The sprites are from a friend and are not to be used and any eclipse games. I am only using them for testing purposes and will remove them before release ;)

@Aero/EBrown:

> I was just wondering what GFX engine you used. I was considering OpenGL or DirectX for my C++ one. (Possibly both, and allow Windows users to switch from OpenGL to DirectX.)
>
> Thanks,
> Aero/EBrown

Just use one or the other not both. If you are only intending for your stuff to be for windows users, then use dX. (I don't have the right post to cite that comment, but it's around here somewhere.)

Managed DirectX is no longer supported in vb.net. So with EO.Net my only real option is OpenGL if I were to switch but for now, GDI+ is offering good enough speed for a public release but a switch to OpenGL when I learn more about it could be a soon-to-follow update.

@Robin:

> Who the hell actually uses Microsoft's 'managed' systems? xD
>
> Just use the unmanaged DX9 library.

Inorite?

@Robin:

> Most engines allow you to use OpenGL or DirectX.
>
> OpenGL is throttled by Windows.

Yeah, I Knew OpenGL was throttled by Windows. (Thanks Stephan! :) )

@Azure:

> @Aero/EBrown:
>
> > I was just wondering what GFX engine you used. I was considering OpenGL or DirectX for my C++ one. (Possibly both, and allow Windows users to switch from OpenGL to DirectX.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aero/EBrown
>
> Just use one or the other not both. If you are only intending for your stuff to be for windows users, then use dX. (I don't have the right post to cite that comment, but it's around here somewhere.)

Well, I plan to allow it in Linux/Unix/OS X and Windows, which is why I plan to AT LEAST use OpenGL. It's also why I picked C++. :) Not VC++ btw. C++.

I'll start a topic about it later. (Once I get more stuff around. Lots of work to do. :) )

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

>! @Azure:
>! > @Aero/EBrown:
>
> > I was just wondering what GFX engine you used. I was considering OpenGL or DirectX for my C++ one. (Possibly both, and allow Windows users to switch from OpenGL to DirectX.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aero/EBrown
>
> Just use one or the other not both. If you are only intending for your stuff to be for windows users, then use dX. (I don't have the right post to cite that comment, but it's around here somewhere.)
>! Well, I plan to allow it in Linux/Unix/OS X and Windows, which is why I plan to AT LEAST use OpenGL. It's also why I picked C++. :) Not VC++ btw. C++.
>! I'll start a topic about it later. (Once I get more stuff around. Lots of work to do. :) )
>! Thanks,
Aero/EBrown That's a fair enough reason.