Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@David - That is not necessarily true. Don't make assumptions that you cannot back up.

@Dshwinchester - I cannot even come up with a response…

I have just finished all the editors and am now moving on to work on the core of the server and actual game stuff.

@Dàvid:

> Robin is just saying that this is a stupid idea, because he doesnt want is _precious_ EO in .net..or any other engine, just in vb6
>
> well I say good job..This is like the only one that someone is almost done ^_^
>
> hope it goes well :)

You really need to shut up sometimes. You really do.

@Chuchoide:

> It can't be released soon, cuz as you told me, it would be a Buggy Alpha… would prefer waiting for bug free than a buggy version.

Only way to find the bugs is to release it and have people start posting fixes. Grant it the first alpha should be closed to people who have proven that they are able to debug it.

This is looking great. I was a little hesitant to say anything about this seeing how most of the .NET conversions never get finished but this seems to coming along pretty well. Also, will buffs/debuffs and HoT/DoT be in this engine? Anyways, I hope you finish this. Keep up the good work.

@Chuchoide:

> It can't be released soon, cuz as you told me, it would be a Buggy Alpha… would prefer waiting for bug free than a buggy version.

well, releasing it would mean we could work on it too ya know…

there are more .net users around here xd

still, cant wait, this will pawn ^^

Dami

Yes I am using byte arrays like EO. However I have already have 5-6 connections going at one time without error. And no, you cannot have multiple people working on it at the same time. You get people who are unorganized or cannot follow directions and code gets overwritten or extremely buggy and it just slows the process down…. when programming something, especially something like this, I work alone :D

@jcsnider:

> Yes I am using byte arrays like EO. However I have already have 5-6 connections going at one time without error. And no, you cannot have multiple people working on it at the same time. You get people who are unorganized or cannot follow directions and code gets overwritten or extremely buggy and it just slows the process down…. when programming something, especially something like this, I work alone :D

Hence I said you give it to people who prove them self as an organized programmer. And that already eleminiates me. I code so out of order…. then i go back and organize it... Yea i know its a bad way to program.

@jcsnider:

> Yes I am using byte arrays like EO. However I have already have 5-6 connections going at one time without error. And no, you cannot have multiple people working on it at the same time. You get people who are unorganized or cannot follow directions and code gets overwritten or extremely buggy and it just slows the process down…. when programming something, especially something like this, I work alone :D

When did I or anyone ever mention other people "working on it?"
I work alone, just like Robin or anyone else. That doesn't mean that we bugged the Winsock code ourselves. It finds issues with the line **Flush** when more than 3 people want to be online at once.

@Miguu:

> @jcsnider:
>
> > Yes I am using byte arrays like EO. However I have already have 5-6 connections going at one time without error. And no, you cannot have multiple people working on it at the same time. You get people who are unorganized or cannot follow directions and code gets overwritten or extremely buggy and it just slows the process down…. when programming something, especially something like this, I work alone :D
>
> When did I or anyone ever mention other people "working on it?"
> I work alone, just like Robin or anyone else. That doesn't mean that we bugged the Winsock code ourselves. It finds issues with the line **Flush** when more than 3 people want to be online at once.

Damian mentioned it.

@Keebler:

> @Miguu:
>
> > @jcsnider:
> >
> > > Yes I am using byte arrays like EO. However I have already have 5-6 connections going at one time without error. And no, you cannot have multiple people working on it at the same time. You get people who are unorganized or cannot follow directions and code gets overwritten or extremely buggy and it just slows the process down…. when programming something, especially something like this, I work alone :D
> >
> > When did I or anyone ever mention other people "working on it?"
> > I work alone, just like Robin or anyone else. That doesn't mean that we bugged the Winsock code ourselves. It finds issues with the line **Flush** when more than 3 people want to be online at once.
>
> Damian mentioned it.

Kk. :D

Quote please?

@Miguu:

> That's a very good question. The packet system from [EO] 1.1.0 and older is defective to the point where the server rejects more than 3 connections at once.

That's a small problem with the implementation of Winsock, not the packets.