Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scammers

Helladen

I love people who lie right to your face. Do not trust Xaden, he's affiliated with Devogen. I can personally say Devogen is able to be trusted. The whole story is I wanted to buy an updater from him for $35, waited a month. You know how long it takes to make an updater, about an hour… I'm just relatively new to programming and offered to pay him before I even started to hardcore program. I think Xaden if he's even active here should be blacklisted. I canceled the payment with a dispute, he then starts complaining about it. After not talking to me for a week about it. I end the dispute he bans me from his forums. What kind of person is that? He can keep the $35, I am in high school, I hope it makes him feel good about himself. Devogen and Xaden both threatened to sue me over $35 and they both started calling me the scammer. Terrible people, both of them but I have done some terrible things myself. I hope no one else gets scammed by him, his business is fraud, and he's not even worth being paid to do work. No hard feelings about this, just anyone affiliated with a thief is a thief them self.

No one here really knows me, but believe me, I am a very honest person. I could go out of my way to call PayPal and get the $35, woo... But I am positive Devogen would go all out, wasting much more effort, and supporting such a loser.

This is why Robin is better and I love how both Devogen and Xaden call Robin the "noob", he does things much better than how Genesis2D works. I just think after 5 years they would realize they are both idiots.

In a month I have probably done more efficient things than they have done their entire existence at programming. One of the things they have done is adding new interfaces to the client and server every release, instead of making "one" excellent one, so much productivity is lost in the process and time into making sloppy ones every release. Good day sirs and no hard feelings, just the truth, and it hurts.

Well. Devogen did some things for me and I thought Xaden would be trustworthy. I just wanted to do some sort of harm to their reputation for a measly $35\. This went on for about 2 months, this is why there was so much drama. Devogen was going all out to sue me, that's why I was threatening him. Because they scammed me and I was pissed and am very pissed right no at them both. I had a little bit of respect left of Devogen but I could care less about his community anymore. I have helped them so much over the years and they both are such slow workers and most of the time their engine updates are just more cluttered with features done wrong.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=66240.msg713658#msg713658 date=1290060249]
> doesn't robin have an updater that works for all versions?

Srsly! Lol.

I've posted negative things about Devo and Xaden in the past. It's no use, man. More times than ever, people create their own misery. Before giving anyone your money, always ask around to see if their services are reliable.

Chris has been ripping people off for years now. Hell, I was the one who originally got his arse banned from Elysium. The kid has had a thing against me ever since. ;D

If you want to pay for something, pay someone who's actually trusted. I've had dozens of people PMing me about how they've been ripped off by him, and my reply every time is to _do your bloody research._ If you want a background check on someone, ask one of our moderators or administrators.

In the end, his systems are unstable, bugged, slow and ugly. Oh, and overpriced, especially if you never get them. ;)

Just wondering, why did you try and buy an autoupdater from him when I've got a perfectly good open-source one released? :\

I am going to call PayPal up and blacklist his account.

I'll tell them this, I don't care for a refund, but please get rid of his account access, because he is a merchant thief. All of his transactions are probably from Devogen or people he's ripped off.

He's kind of dumb, he opened his own site for his own business, he needs to be able to get people to trust him before they'll even be able to be a part of it. -,-

@MrMiguu:

> @[Pie:
>
> > ICT link=topic=66240.msg713658#msg713658 date=1290060249]
> > doesn't robin have an updater that works for all versions?
>
> Srsly! Lol.
>
> I've posted negative things about Devo and Xaden in the past. It's no use, man. More times than ever, people create their own misery. Before giving anyone your money, always ask around to see if their services are reliable.

It's broken. It doesn't work on my VPS. I didn't want to mess with it. I can't stand messing with updaters. I asked him when I was a newb programmer. Now I'm semi-ok I suppose.

@Helladen:

> It's broken. It doesn't work on my VPS.

Of course it doesn't work on a VPS. It's a HTTP client. Either install Apache on your VPS and use it as webserver, or run it on your _actual_ webserver.

Don't call my stuff broken just because you don't know how to use it properly.

The only reason it should error is either a runtime problem (in which case it'll tell you it can't find the INET control) or because it can't find the .ini file you set it to use for the update list.

It downloads the files through HTTP. Putting it on your VPS is the same as running it on your computer. It won't do shit. If you wish to run it on your VPS then you'll need to install the software required to handle HTTP connections. Apache is a popular choice.

These are the basics, really. You should at least understand how a VPS works if you're serious about actually using it. If you want to blame my software for your own ignorance that's fine, but if you're going to keep arguing with me about it in public, I'm not going to be pleasant about it.

@Helladen:

> Talking about your updater literally is broke. It errors on my PC. I am not sure about HTTPS, but it means a secure connection, which is all I know. I've had plenty of updaters work on it, but I only have .NET ones.

It's that sort of rush rush attitude that lead you to this thread in the first place Helladen. You need to take a step back from life and breathe.

You ordered a job off Xaden, it wasn't done in your required time frame so you Revoked the payment from paypal, which then started a resolution process. Xaden won the resolution. Now, of course I would have preferred the job happened and there was no drama but… here we are.

If you don't like the engine we provide for people, then thats your choice  - thats why it's free. It's also closed source and rarely discussed on this site, it is for those people who do not want to program which seems to be quite a crowd. Considering 90 percent of our members are from here anyway, its a good indication people like to simply check out whats out there.

I also think the attempt to create a rift here by commenting on opinions shared or not shared about certain people, ie Robin,seems like an embarrassing brown nose attempt by yourself. I think Robin is a good programmer.

I think the progress we have made is excellent, considering two of four developers have 2 kids each - ironic because most of you are still kids living with your parents.

TBH I didnt actually know you were banned from the forum, but I suppose it's better things stay that way.

As far as Xadens reliability, I can personally vouch for it for the past 2 years (and so can paypal) as can ooh.. close to 400 other people. Just because you had a bad experience does not mean everyone does, everyone has a different view on things. Yes I would go " all out" defending him, I have paid him probably over $4000 over the last couple of years, never an issue. Sometimes when you pay people what they are worth you get a better end result.

The multi-purpose updater from Robin used to work perfectly for me. The only thing annoying on it was the RTE 13 if the http server was offline, but that was easily fixed with just a single msgbox code. After that, the updater never ran in a single error whatsoever. I've used it, and i used it with pleasure, and based on it's source i managed to create my own which works like a charm.

Aramyth.

@Robin:

> Chris has been ripping people off for years now. Hell, I was the one who originally got his arse banned from Elysium. The kid has had a thing against me ever since. ;D
>
> If you want to pay for something, pay someone who's actually trusted. I've had dozens of people PMing me about how they've been ripped off by him, and my reply every time is to _do your bloody research._ If you want a background check on someone, ask one of our moderators or administrators.
>
> In the end, his systems are unstable, bugged, slow and ugly. Oh, and overpriced, especially if you never get them. ;)
>
> Just wondering, why did you try and buy an autoupdater from him when I've got a perfectly good open-source one released? :\

@ Helladen, I am sorry that you could not be patient, you knew that somebody paid way more money ahead of you and that had to be completed first, opening a dispute and lying claiming its an unauthorized transaction is not cool, people work hard for the money they make and that is the bottom line, sorry if you do not agree.

@ Robin

still up to trash talking robin ? think your cool by using my real name ? makes me feel special.
I have ripped nobody off, ive had a few incidents where people stop payments or file disputes, but that is what dispute systems are for, they decide based on evidence that is provided to them.
you are egotistical. it seems you think by trash talking or calling somebody a kid or asserting you have more authority than them that builds your reputation ?
I could go on about how half the stuff is broken in your latest release.. like your animated items only cycling 2 or 3 frames ??? LOL what a waste..
you have been around the block and nothing new has been done by you, all the same stuff per every community and thats the truth bro.
I expect to be banned by you but oh well, marsh will see it, wouldn't be the first time you have banned me because I was competition or out of jealousy would it ?

> In the end, his systems are unstable, bugged, slow and ugly. Oh, and overpriced, especially if you never get them

name a system of mine that is unstable or bugged, I fix my bugs instead of just starting a new engine or a new project or hopping communities. I have been programming a lot longer than you, could out program you any day of the week.
I am a hard worker, a dedicated parent and far from being a child.
so please stop with the insults and acting like you know me, I peacefully request this to be locked by marsh, it has no place on his forums and has nothing to do with eclipse, we have no issues with eclipse and if devogen is on peaceful terms with eclipse so am I.

I actually have noticed that Robin's coding is very efficient and optimized, Xaden. He puts time and effort into making sure it's clean and professional. He never rushes code and sees the whole picture for what it's worth. He knows what he is doing and I think you could take a step back yourself to learn from him instead of coming in here acting like an immature arrogant teenager. You're an adult. Reacting in an angry fashion like you just did is not very mature but very parent-like, unfortunately.

If everytime there's a disturbance in the force regarding Eclipse and your community, there's always a battle that takes place. Why is that? People, like you and all of us, don't change. I know you're trying to clear up your name, but attacking Robin isn't the way to go about it. Maybe you should reconsider your methods so that in the future Robin wont have anything negative to say.

- Miguu

@Pantera:

> @ Robin
>
> still up to trash talking robin ? think your cool by using my real name ? makes me feel special.
> I have ripped nobody off, ive had a few incidents where people stop payments or file disputes, but that is what dispute systems are for, they decide based on evidence that is provided to them.
> you are egotistical. it seems you think by trash talking or calling somebody a kid or asserting you have more authority than them that builds your reputation ?
> I could go on about how half the stuff is broken in your latest release.. like your animated items only cycling 2 or 3 frames ??? LOL what a waste..
> you have been around the block and nothing new has been done by you, all the same stuff per every community and thats the truth bro.
> I expect to be banned by you but oh well, marsh will see it, wouldn't be the first time you have banned me because I was competition or out of jealousy would it ?
>
> > In the end, his systems are unstable, bugged, slow and ugly. Oh, and overpriced, especially if you never get them
>
> name a system of mine that is unstable or bugged, I fix my bugs instead of just starting a new engine or a new project or hopping communities. I have been programming a lot longer than you, could out program you any day of the week.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/kagami-in-thought.jpg)