Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Wiki?

SawQuart

This has already been discussed before (in different places. It's an inefficient way to store information because of the little number of people actually know enough to document it. Most of you would be posting shit (like people claiming Eclipse Stable is the best, Eclipse Origins is too hard, Staff Member XYZ is an ass, etc.)

@Robin:

> @Soul:
>
> > (like people claiming Eclipse Stable is the best, Eclipse Origins is too hard, Staff Member XYZ is an ass, etc.)
>
> I'd love to see the huge amount of insults posted on my wiki page. xD

I was originally going to post you instead of Staff Member XYZ, but I thought you might be offended.

@Robin:

> @Soul:
>
> > (like people claiming Eclipse Stable is the best, Eclipse Origins is too hard, Staff Member XYZ is an ass, etc.)
>

New people would say:

"Robin always says "no""
"He is a bad programmer i think origins is good"
"STABLE RULEZ MAN , IT IS STABLE , EVEN ITS NAME CLAIMS IT IS STABLE"
"Scripting is not laggy and it is the best damn thing around!

wow , this would be like : o.O.

But we could make a wiki that only admins and mods on eclipse could edit pages and tell about eclipse , and themselves in those pages.just my opinion tho

@[Cake:

> Woods â„¢ link=topic=66665.msg718766#msg718766 date=1291597890]
> New people would say:
>
> "Robin always says "no""
> "He is a bad programmer I think origins is good"
> "STABLE RULEZ MAN , IT IS STABLE , EVEN ITS NAME CLAIMS IT IS STABLE"
> "Scripting is not laggy and it is the best damn thing around!
>
> wow , this would be like : o.O.
>
> But we could make a wiki that only admins and mods on eclipse could edit pages and tell about eclipse , and themselves in those pages.just my opinion tho

[Staff](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/staff.php)

Anyway, if we want a moderator/admin only wiki, it would be better just to create a documentation about Eclipse Forums/Software overall. Not many benefits to having a wiki solely dedicated to a select group of people.

@[Cake:

> Woods â„¢ link=topic=66665.msg718772#msg718772 date=1291598345]
> yeah I have seen that staff page.
>
> EDIT : Marsh , just give access to people you trust , what about it

Still defeats the purpose of a wiki. It's to have large quantities of people documenting a large amount of data.

10 (admins) + 1 (developer) + 11 (global moderators) + 46 (veterans) + 1 (owner) = 69 people - Inactive Said People.

Limiting access to a handful of people destroys the whole point of having a Wiki. It'd be much easier to just have some proprietary system where selected people can post information then link it into the main site/forum.

Once I get some time, hopefully after the next Origins release, I'm hoping to completely re-design the website to fully integrate the community and site. With that I'd probably add in some sort of article system for publishing documentation.

Besides, when it comes down to it Origins is the new standard. I can think of possibly 2 other people on the forum who know it enough to write up the documentation.

@Robin:

> @Soul:
>
>

What the hell are you talking about?
Everyone would be talking about hugs and puppies on your page.