Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parkour

Scythe

@Wraith:

> I used to practice parkour and freerunning (man, I need to start again  :icon_crap: ).
>
> I prefer parkour just because it's more useful in any sort of real-life situation while freerunning is fo teh ladies!

D: i prefer freerunning because it in my opinion takes more skill and finesse than parkour because it is like a mix between parkour and gymnastics and all of the extra stunts if not over done can look bad A$$ :) and im not a lady!!!

> ( if you thought they were the same do not even post)

No, fuck you elitist.

I think they are fun to watch people perform, something like breakdancing. Fluid and smooth movement of the human form is always an interesting thing, especially when you lack the dexterity to perform it yourself.

@Scythe:

> @Kusy:
>
> > They are not the same?
>
> -.- are you being serious of are u just messing with me?

For people who are not nerds about parkour or free-running, they both seem to be the same thing in general. But since you seem to want to promote these subjects, it's up to you to inform we the ignorant populace about it, instead of telling people "lol if u dont know dont post".

This is a message board, a medium of communication between different individuals, a place to exchange and promote a wide variety of ideas; it is helpful to be as descriptive (but to the point) as possible.

Fine here you go :)

Parkour is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment.

* Parkour requires… consistent, disciplined training with an emphasis on functional strength, physical conditioning, balance, creativity, fluidity, control, precision, spatial awareness, and looking beyond the traditional use of objects.
    * Parkour movements typically include... running, jumping, vaulting, climbing, balancing, and quadrupedal movement. Movements from other physical disciplines are often incorporated, but acrobatics or tricking alone do not constitute parkour.
    * Parkour training focuses on... safety, longevity, personal responsibility, and self-improvement. It discourages reckless behavior, showing off, and dangerous stunts.
    * Parkour practitioners value... community, humility, positive collaboration, sharing of knowledge, and the importance of play in human life, while demonstrating respect for all people, places, and spaces.

Free running or freerunning is a form of urban acrobatics in which participants, known as free runners, use the city and rural landscape to perform movements through its structures. It incorporates efficient movements from parkour, adds aesthetic vaults and other acrobatics, such as tricking and street stunts, creating an athletic and aesthetically pleasing way of moving. It is commonly practiced at gymnasiums and in urban areas (such as cities or towns) that are cluttered with obstacles

I tried to get into parkour, after seeing it on Youtube, but I live out in the middle of nowhere, so there isn't really much I can do. I can come up with ways to practice the different moves, but it's just not the same.

I just couldn't stay motivated to do it.