Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Public Apology.

Link

Here's a public apology on behalf of the eclipse admin team. I'd personally like to apologize to the members who haven't received the best of eclipse lately, as many of you have seen there has been a lack of updates and a lack of communication to the members about what is going on exactly. I know most of you are frustrated and a lot of you are just plain fed up, on the outside it seems like nothing is really being supported and a lot of questions are going un-answered. I don't have an answer to each and every question, but as an admin I'm on your side and I'm striving to get them for you, the members. 

Here's what I can tell you: There's a lot of recent communication going between the staff about what needs to be done to solve apparent problems and trust me you, they're being worked on vigorously! I can promise you behind the scenes many festivities are being planned to help vamp the site in a positive manner because we know many of you are bored. Some staff including myself have taken the liberty of following through on some upcoming events which will be posted shortly.

Exciting updates are to be expected in the near future, so I ask you from the depths of my soul and with a passion, bear with us. You've remained loyal this long, maybe it's because of your dedication to the site, the community or just the fact that eclipse was or is your first engine, but for whatever reason do not let it go. Move forward with us, and I hope that you'll grow with us in the near future. That is all.

Thank you,

- Yukiro 

Edit: Before I was the owner.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been around here for a year and from that I have a unique perspective on how much things have changed since I was last online. To me its the deadest I've ever seen it. As much as the users probably appreciate the sentiment and understand you guys mean well… my feeling from the comments I've been hearing the last couple of days tells me that this is probably too little too late. 

Sorry chaps.

That's just one issue in itself. Even from just my reasoning to register over 12 years and 4 forums ago (so I could make some fun stupid 2d games) literally nothing has changed software wise. You could compare the version of Eclipse I used in 2004 for my Bane of Magic project and the one that exists now and find very little difference.

[16:26:22] Dr.Yukiro: Since you're persistant, can I trust what is said here to remain between only us?

[16:26:36] Dr.Yukiro: Because you actually do play a big part in future plans -.-'

[16:30:32] Alan Tuckwood: huh?

[16:30:39] Alan Tuckwood: ok…?

> I'm new to eclipse, it's definatly the best mmo 2d engine, I really enjoy it and members do reply to me :)

Well… I don't think it's the best out there... But if we've fooled you into thinking that it must be the best con out there! *jk* It's a good engine and I'm glad to see that things haven't just died yet, hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

> i've been here since 2009 just didnt register.

Got you beat. xD

No but really it'd be nice to see a revival of Eclipse. To be honest I don't think the community fully left, in fact an update to EO4 with an announcement email or something would probably pull back a ton of people who left. I know it would for me if I was one of those people.

Then there's the guys _like_ me who have just kinda been lurking for the past few months, and just didn't feel the need to post besides the occasional question and bug report.

To be honest I never really considered this community 'dead'. There's always some people here, posting or not.