Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Online Odyssey

SkywardRiver

> Sky how will we unlock mounts? i want my polar bear asap!

I'm debating of whether the level req on basic mounts should be 25 or 30.

30 means that you'll have to reach the first level cap to get a mount which I find agreeable.

25 means you'll have a mount earlier and then still have 5 levels to go until first level cap.

Most Mounts are very rare drops, while the Healthy mare is simply a purchase. (a very expensive purchase)

Thoughts?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
> I'm debating of whether the level req on basic mounts should be 25 or 30.
>
>  
>
> 30 means that you'll have to reach the first level cap to get a mount which I find agreeable.
>
> 25 means you'll have a mount earlier and then still have 5 levels to go until first level cap.
>
>  
>
> Most Mounts are very rare drops, while the Healthy mare is simply a purchase. (a very expensive purchase)
>
>  
>
> Thoughts?

Giving mounts out at 25 makes more sense if you want your players to have something to do until you can raise the level cap

some people might just want to max out for bragging rights but when you put up increased transportation speed as bait more people are going to chase harder so more people will end up capped possibly before you're ready for them

> Giving mounts out at 25 makes more sense if you want your players to have something to do until you can raise the level cap
>
> some people might just want to max out for bragging rights but when you put up increased transportation speed as bait more people are going to chase harder so more people will end up capped possibly before you're ready for them

Very good point.

Level 25 it is.

Hey Guys!

Sorry it's been so long since my last Dev Log. I can't help what happens in life.

Anyways, let's move on to what I've done:

**_New Terrain System_**

So far, there are 7 terrain types. I won't go through them all, but I'll give you an example:

You see seemingly walkable terrain atop a cliff. Unfortunately, you can't climb it!

But wait! You just got those scaling boots from Dakkar the Farmer! With these, you can now traverse that cliff!

Cliff-climbing isn't the only new addition though. You'll also have to walk across magma, soar through the sky, engage in underwater exploration, and hover above pools of sticky fluid!

**In-Game Memberships**

This is not, nor will it ever be a pay to win game.

Memberships exist so that I can fund the game's development and server. The bonuses of becoming a member are, but not limited to, this:

Membership Exclusive Items - Every Player can find these items, however, only Members can equip these items. They are generally ALOT more rare than the standard items, but make up for this in the tiniest of stat improvements over the standard items.

Membership Exclusive Maps - These maps are only open to Members. While they may not be all that exciting, some will have exclusive Member shops and special enemies to face off against.

Donor's Cloak - If you, at any point, become a member you will be awarded with a Donor's Cloak.

Early Access - As a Member, you will be able to access new content a week before the general public.

So far, the estimated price for a Membership Subscription is $5.00 USD _or_ 35 _meaningful _Wiki Contributions. This means if you cannot afford the $5.00 USD for a membership you are still able to get one, with hard work.

That's it for now. Let me know what you think and be sure to follow this project and visit our website at Skywyre.net

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still working on this! Hoping to push out another update soon.

Want to help?

Sometime in the near future I'm going to need a few positions filled:

1\. Server Host

Preferably somewhere in the US or Canada with good connection.

2\. Mapper

I'm an okay mapper, but I take a long time to do so. We'll need a talented mapper!

3\. Moderators (2)

This is for when the game is released, but we'll need a few Mods on to govern/settle disputes and help out wherever they can.

Interested in one of these positions? PM me!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys!

So, it's been a while since my last Dev Log, and that's because in that period of time not much at all got done. That's changing rapidly, however, as now I have more free time to do what I love and make a fantastic game!

Now, in the past few days I've been really working on EOO. Here's some new stuff!

**~Mount Changes~**

You can no longer use a mount while in combat or while in a Dungeon type map. Also, when you get attacked or shot, you will be knocked off your mount. Hopefully these changes will feel more realistic and will stop players from simply mounting when trying to outrun some nasty mobs.

**~Dungeon Maps~**

There are now Dungeon type maps that will restrict the use of Mounts, and will feature some future additions such as reduced healing.

**~Fungal Caves~**

The first low-level Dungeon has been completed! The Fungal Caves includes a terrain-accessible area for later levels, a Boss Mob, rare drops, and a good amount of grunts. Perfect for early level raids or grinding.

![](http://s18.postimg.org/r47os79bd/New_Dev.png)

**~Bug Fixes~**

Two bugs that I hadn't even known existed were fixed when I found them just yesterday. As far as I can tell, the Engine is now bug-free!

**~Cooking and Smelting~**

You can now find campfires and smelters in select areas across Cerratar. These locations can be utilized to cook foods/brew potions and smelt ores into bars.

**~New Paperdolls and Items~**

New Items and paperdolls have been added to my graphics library and so far it's looking great!

**~Balancing~**

Having recently played through the first 10 levels of content with a Page Class character, I can now say that the first 10 levels of content _and_ the Page Class are balanced properly. It took me a few hours to reach level 10 and longer still to get most of the rare drops I wanted. What's more is I had FUN playing it! This game is shaping up to be my best project yet! I'll be play-testing the Apprentice Class and the Hunter Class next, and then after that, the 3 branches of every class 0.0

It's a daunting task, but with so many strategies and play-styles for each class it's hard not to have a blast while doing it.

Now, we still need a **SERVER HOST**.

If you're at all interested please send me a PM and we can discuss anything needing discussion.

I look forward to sharing more Dev Logs with you all in the future!

Cici has taken her spot on our team as Server Host and Head of Support Staff. Server host no longer needed!

With the server up the entire dev team can now work on the game! We're going to be working hard! No promises, but I want to release the game in a couple weeks!

> If sky and cici are working on a game in the same project, I feel I can get behind this. I kinda wanna help with this eklepse project, I'd be willing to put out any help I can give, feel free to ask. It won't cost cici any drama points.

Glad you wanna help, I see a lot of potential in the game.

I've moved on ~ could we please stop with this drama stuff. I'm not dealing with that anymore, I understand it's just a joke but it's a little annoying now. Thank you…

Hope we can work together and hope more join this awesome project!

Hey Crest! I'm looking to keep the dev team for this relatively small, but if there are any crucial roles you could fill we'd be glad to have you! If nothing else I feel we could easily have you as an in-game moderator :D

Me and Rex will be working hard on this project for the next few weeks! Our team as it stand right now is as following:

Myself - Programmer and Co-Lead Dev

Rex - Co-Lead Dev

Cici - Server Host and Community Manager

Baron Mohenjo Daro - Mapper

We hope to bring you all an exciting game filled to the brim with friendly fun and competition. Be sure to sign up, email hassle-free, to www.skywyre.net and join our growing community!

Another few hours of content added to EOO!

![](http://s1.postimg.org/gu8mpjcnz/Taevas1.png)

My Player Character so far. Took me like 8 hours to get to this point. That includes time I spent grinding for rare drops. At launch we're aiming for a Max Level of 30 with 35+ Levels of Content. Every few weeks or so after release we'll up the Level Cap by 10 and release a new sleuth of content.

Good hunting!

(Be sure to sign up email hassle free at [www.skywyre.net](http://www.skywyre.net))

> Another few hours of content added to EOO!
>
>  
>
> ![](http://s1.postimg.org/gu8mpjcnz/Taevas1.png)
>
>  
>
> My Player Character so far. Took me like 8 hours to get to this point. That includes time I spent grinding for rare drops. At launch we're aiming for a Max Level of 30 with 35+ Levels of Content. Every few weeks or so after release we'll up the Level Cap by 10 and release a new sleuth of content.
>
>  
>
> Good hunting!
>
>  
>
> (Be sure to sign up email hassle free at [www.skywyre.net](http://www.skywyre.net))

The game is getting better by the day :D Cannot wait!

• 2 weeks later...