Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rm2k tileset wip

ceriux

so i wanted to use something that no one else really does, and i like older looking visuals as it is. so i decided i wanted to use rm2k's instead of rmxp's . here's a small sample of what i'v done so far. but if you really look it has somethings that could use updates or fixes. i'v literally just copyed these over and jumped in to test them.

what you think so far? if i make a big enough set, and people like them. ill probably release them. i hate being greedy when it comes to game dev. especially when i didnt make the stuff in the first place.

also dont mind the character sprite i wont be using that. although he kinda does fit it a lil bit =).

![](http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9485/tilewip.png)

really? cool, if others think so too, I plan to make a full set of gfx using this tilesets style. ill be using them for my game. but I'll release the graphics for like an origins starter pack or something. it'll have tiles, characters, player sprites, paperdolls, and monsters. (what ever else I can add)

i plan on modifying them too so they dont look as bad in some spots like at tile transitions (grass to cliff) , better pathways ect…

played with the pathway tiles a little bit, they look much nicer now, made some grass tiles that break up the cliff and the grass some. added the base for the player sprite, he still needs some editing. plus one of his front walking frames arnt aligned properly still have to fix that. but here's the update.

![](http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9485/tilewip.png)

I ripped lots of these awhile ago. I still use them when randomly mapping and doing other stuff ;) Most idiots here didn't like it though, complaining the trees are too small to the sprites as well as other things.

They are young and stupid people who have no respect for what I agree is said here. The holy sacred chipset <3

well, i cant do much about that, that's how they come. maybe sometime in the future ill try and do something about it. but right now im more worried about smaller edits that i can get out of the way quickly. minor graphical irregularities that take up time can be worried about later on.

You need the mighty alex sprite for them tiles lol

Problem with the sprite is that its too small you need to x2 the zoom on the sprite and you will get something like the alex iv just done.

As your doing with the tiles really lol but i love the RM2K tile always have there hardcore retro :)

thanks guys, yeah. I get what you guys are talking about and why you dont think it fits, but most of rmk95,2000, and 2003  are mainly world tiles, so to get them to match better in a proportional means I felt the size was appropriate other wise the sprite will be about the size of the tree's and he will tower of many other things. the sprite im using I believe is actually made from that sprite. he's just been stripped naked lol. look at the shape of the face then check out charas project website.

i think it will look better when i work on his outline and edit it a lil more, his outline is straight black while i noticed most of the objects in the tileset dont have a fully black outline. i think this is the main reason he really doesnt match, i think if i was to work on him a little bit. he wouldnt stick out as much. that and when he actually has some cloths/armor on.

thanks again for all the good comments and cc.

im happy im doing something it seems a lot of people will enjoy. when i get to paperdolling i plan to make custom equipment. so when that time comes. ill put out the sprite and let anyone who wants to have a try. ill also take suggestions and personal requests for armor types and looks.

but i still have quite a bit of tileset conversion and editing to do. aside from realigning the one frame for the sprite.

I was thinking that too. right now iv started work on a second tileset in the series. im hoping to keep them fairly organized so the mapper can find exactly what they're looking for.

if anyone see's anything they find to look problematic do me a favor and circle it in paint or something, then explain why you think it looks bad and include any possible suggestions. if i can fix it or i feel it's something that wont break the set. ill do my best to fix it. i also plan to look at some custom tilesets that match the original im already converting. i want to look for things like housing and anything else that might prove useful. iv also been thinking about scaling somethings up like the small castles and seeing how they look ingame.

This is a really crappy update cause it's still full of crappy bugs, but I updated the player sprite and a couple of tiles not much really some of the tiles I updated have bugs in them still. but, im fixing those right now. just wanted to post something so you guys didnt think I quit.

I based the sprite off of this guy.
![](http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKBSsig_cUwSMzSKsutT3e4NOrKmVAjOh6at-V4yyqz6jX_ZItUn4rW4U)

![](http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9485/tilewip.png)