Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vasectomy

shadowwulf

I just got home from my vasectomy.
It was completely my decision as its easier to reverse than a tubular for my wife.
All i can say is vicodin sucks. I still have a constant kicked in the balls feeling.
waited 2 hours in waiting room.
spent 15 minutes talking about it.
10 minutes getting it.
40 minutes waiting at pharmacy…

if she gets pregnant again ill kill everyone...  lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just had our 3rd daughter monday.
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Only cost me my co-pay of 20 bucks.
Normally runs like 175 with out anesthesia and like 575 with it… trust me... you want it..
Felt like i got kicked in the nuts 5 times on my right nut alone.

@Shadowwulf:

> We just had our 3rd daughter monday.
> I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Only cost me my co-pay of 20 bucks.
> Normally runs like 175 with out anesthesia and like 575 with it… trust me... you want it..
> Felt like i got kicked in the nuts 5 times on my right nut alone.

Yeah I've had a few friends have it done, they said the same thing but couple of days and swelling should be down some, probably wouldnt go attempting a reverse cowgirl straight away but hey, at least you dont have to worry about more kids… 3 would be the straw that broke the camels back for us... 2 is definately enough... i have two girls, thats enough for me to know the bloodline will be continued :)

Shadow way to be responsible! :)

I had a friend that had it done. He said he kept a bag of frozen peas on it. I guess it numbs it and the peas can mold to the area well or something.

Hey for the next few days you get to have your wife baby you and there's nothing she better say about it. Just point down and say I did it for you! ;)

@NnsNightshade:

> I know~ I've just always wanted 10, because I have all 10 named picked out. xD Plus I like larger families in general. (A ton of my family branches have 6-8 children i them).

You must be loaded, even with scouraging of government funds to support them all, it's going to cost a bomb.

@Robin:

> A family around here has 10 children. The poor bloke's entire wage goes on food.

Mate, I struggle to afford two… as it is grocery bills are at like $250 a week, and we are skinny people, if we were typical obese people, with 10 kids, grocery bills would be in the thousands

Nns, not to be rude but that is the most selfish thing ive heard. Do you know how hard and expensive it is to take care of just one kid? Unless you are extreamly rich… which i doubt, I am sure that you will need to go on some sort of government assistance program, wich us taxpayers will have to pay. Not only that but the cost of entertaining/nurturing your kids will be astronomical. The cost of taking a family of 4... 2 adults and 2 kids to the movies is over $50\. Taking them to an amusement park is over $400\. Now granted you dont have to take them to the movies, or amusement parks, or any other places that kids like to go... you could be one of those parents that dont do anything for your kids, but cost of toys, education, clothing, food and other misc wants that kids have is insane. Then add on if your kids want to play any sports or other extracurricular activity, and you are wiped out.

Not only will you not have enough time to spend time with all your kids... because you should be working as to not have to get government assistance, but even when you do get time, how do you plan on showing the same ammount of attention to each kid. Its hard enough to find time with just a small ammount of kids.

Not to say it cant be done, but to me that is a horrible idea. Personally I feel that people should be limited to a certian amount of children. There is already an excess of people on this world and we dont need to crowd it up more.

Sorry for the rant, it wasnt necessarily directed at you... i just live in an area that has a lot of welfare, section 8, and bad parents.

@Gwen:

> -snip-

Pretty much. The family around here literally only pay for food themselves. His entire wage goes on the stuff. The Government pays for everything else. They got through a washing machine every 6 months or so and have 2 of them running 24/7\. They don't bring up their kids as they're so damn busy so it's up to the older children to raise the younger ones.

If anyone has ever been to a boarding school then you know how stupid it is to leave children in charge of children.

I'm considering this, and I've never had any kids. The only thing keeping me away is that I can't afford it and I want to get in a more serious relationship(very long term) before I start taking the thought more seriously. Though since it is reversible. it might be a good choice for me.

10 kids is nutz. eos.

Um, actually mine is very self**LESS**. Thanks much. It means without spending much on myself, my money would go towards my kids. And I'd be willing to sacrifice even more than that. Shouldn't all parents? It disgusts me some of the comments made here~ Use your brain before you comment, kthx.

I'm very responsible with children. Have taken care of more than twelve at a time in one sitting for months. I want ten children because I love them, even if they aren't my own, I'd like to adopt.

@NnsNightshade:

> Um, actually mine is very self**LESS**. Thanks much. It means without spending much on myself, my money would go towards my kids. And I'd be willing to sacrifice even more than that. Shouldn't all parents? It disgusts me some of the comments made here~ Use your brain before you comment, kthx.
>
> I'm very responsible with children. Have taken care of more than twelve at a time in one sitting for months. I want ten children because I love them, even if they aren't my own, I'd like to adopt.

I hope you have a monthly income of 7-10,000$. There's a lot more to consider than what you are now. Best of luck with your plans though.

@NnsNightshade:

> Um, actually mine is very self**LESS**. Thanks much. It means without spending much on myself, my money would go towards my kids. And I'd be willing to sacrifice even more than that. Shouldn't all parents? It disgusts me some of the comments made here~ Use your brain before you comment, kthx.
>
> I'm very responsible with children. Have taken care of more than twelve at a time in one sitting for months. I want ten children because I love them, even if they aren't my own, I'd like to adopt.

Just because you don't eat very much doesn't mean your kids won't too. If you ate more (a normal amount?) and subtracted that amount to the current amount you consume now, you prob. wouldn't fill 10 kids' stomachs. Just saying. Teenagers are bottomless pits btw (I would know ;D).

If you know for a fact that you can support 10 kids and it wouldn't be a whole lot of load on you and your husband, go for it.

@NnsNightshade:

> Um, actually mine is very self**LESS**. Thanks much. It means without spending much on myself, my money would go towards my kids. And I'd be willing to sacrifice even more than that. Shouldn't all parents?

Being selfless is irrelevant within a familial unit because the joinining of one is the extension of oneself. Even if you are the personal mother teresa in the family, the resource drain on the unit as a hole can affect the extended family, the local community, and as socialization has increased to nationalistic scales, the government as a whole.

> It disgusts me some of the comments made here~ Use your brain before you comment, kthx.

You're assuming a lot of the posts, and the motives of the people posting them.

That is nice, and if things do work out for you, in 20 years you might be the mother of a large brood of well adjusted, pleasant people. But to plan on just that so early in life is unfair to yourself, your husband, and your future children. You do not know how stresses will effect either of you later in life so take each child as the blessing it is, and don't overextend yourself.