Find results in...

Obama 2012

SawQuart

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In b4 autotune.

As I am not one who follows politics a whole lot, but I'm pretty sure people only voted for Obama because he's African American.  Just saying.

And He has made some change, just not a whole lot, but younger Americans cease to realize that a person can only do so much in a short amount of time, and that the president doesn't have a whole lot of power.

@Marsh:

> Am i the only one that thinks hes doing a alright job? i dont really follow any of this closely at all but he seems to be a huge step up from bush.

I unno, he's doing an alright job, he's been doing what he's promised, or at least has been trying too.
And he is a huge step up from bush, I agree with you on that part.

He's pretty much doing the same stuff Bush did; seems just as war-mongering too (his first presidential doctrine: Send 10,000 troops to Afghanistan).  Signed Bush's Patriot Act back into law, did all those bailouts (it's funny, when Bush did it, all the Democrats bitched, then when Obama did it, all the Republicans bitched).

Now, we have the situation in Libya; his and Bush's speeches sounds almost exactly the same..  I see all these [Funny Bush Quotes](http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbush/a/top10bushisms.htm) websites, I'm looking forward to when [my list of obama's](http://pastebin.com/FJXi1vsi) are published ;)

Also, didn't watch the video; just looks like more republican propaganda-hypocrisy.

tl;dr: Obama and Bush are pretty much the same thing; nothing of value has really changed..

PS: Image related

EDIT: But most of bush's quotes are funnier

Some main points:

-Obama gave the Libyan Government over a million dollars for their own protection a month before we sent in our million dollar missles.

-Obama didnt accept aid from the Dutch when the Gulf Oil Spill happened

-The debt has risen, no large scale bills have been passed to reduce it

-He is exactly what Bush was, and has been tested by the same things in international affairs, but obviously on a smaller scale. For example:

Katrina = Gulf Oil Spill
Iraq = Libya/Middle East Rebels

I'd rate the oil spill pretty bad, and poorly handled.  There are people getting seriously sick because of that, but I wouldn't blame Obama for that entirely, but rather BP and their lack of regulations.  Just as I don't blame Bush for Katrina, but rather the City Council for refusing to repair the damaged levies.

To be honest though, I just want a leader that would actually follow the constitution, not say (to quote Bush), "Stop waving the constitution in my face, it's just as goddamn piece of paper!"

@Helladen:

> **Every President** makes a lot of empty promises, his word means nothing. I am not voting for him in the next election.

Fixed

this topic makes me laugh so hard. People think that voting still counts in america, Who do you think put Obama in office? Go look it up it was Bush.

Bush Hand picked him to run in his cabinet or something cant remember and after that he was able run for president.

@Draken:

> Fixed
>
> this topic makes me laugh so hard. People think that voting still counts in america, Who do you think put Obama in office? Go look it up it was Bush.
>
> Bush Hand picked him to run in his cabinet or something cant remember and after that he was able run for president.

Building on that, did you know that every president ever in office since Washington is related to the royal family in the UK?  Even Bush and Obama are related.
Here's something to think about:
Mccain wasn't related, neither was Kerry, nor Gore.

@Zecora:

> ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/march_of_tyranny.jpg)

I think that the problem with America is exactly what Varethian mentioned. We elect someone into office for four years and expect them to fix every problem that we think is wrong with our country. For one, we have too many problems to be fixed in four years. Second, after the four years is up, we quickly evaluate the fact that our president did "nothing" and decide the best option is to replace him with someone that will take a completely different approach. Honestly, if we were to keep people in office with the same views on how to fix our country's problems, maybe in a decade or two we would fix some of our deep rooted issues. Unfortunately, our politicians are so money hungry and power obsessed, they prance on any golden opportunity to prove to society that they should be the ones in charge…Until a new generation steps in and realizes that these old motherfuckers are the reason why everything is shit, and convinces them to just finally retire after a bajillion years, things will continue to remain how they are.

tl;dr: The older generations of Americans are stupid money hungry pricks. Honestly, we need a couple hundred stoners to fill some seats in office. That would solve issues real quick.

Yeah, I agree. The only way to fix the problem of our politicians right now is to wait for the new generation and hope they're better.

There are some issues that need to fixed right now though, like unemployment, the border, middle east involvement, and namely our debt. Unfortunately, our politicians don't see America's side on these issues since the party's views on these tend to be extremely radical or underdeveloped.

@Jungletoe:

> So George Washington was an idiot then? Or are you just mad we won :3

What? I was pointing out that every single generation you get the exact same state of mine. "Once the older people are out then everything will change."

It doesn't. I have no idea what you were trying to say, Brady.