Find results in...

[InDev!]Pokemon Chaos Realm

PD

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crzy:

> Maybe you should read the topic…. I come in here once a month or so and make sure zesh is still working on it.

Don't worry I'm still working on it, been doing a lot of planning/discussion with Jaime about different aspects of the game :P

@Fernz:

> Can't wait to play it Zesh :)

Aha, I can't wait to release it :cheesy:

@Imposter:

> its already looking nice cant wait to see some updates

Some updates will be coming everyones way in a few days. I'd like to mention that PCR is pretty much ready for release now. We're just working out the classes and a few other little things but we're almost there now. It's been a long time coming :P

@Imposter:

> I haven't played a pokemon game since the old gameboy color days definitely gonna try this out.

@Conrad:

> I must say, the work done on this is pretty dang nice. I expect to play it one day; keep up the great work.

@PKDemon:

> i cant wait i am wanting to test it out and see how it is :)

Thanks :cheesy: We're almost there now, if it wasn't for my upcoming exams, the game would be out by now but hey it's almost there :P We've been doing a lot of planning and coming up with some good ideas. The graphics we need are there and the programming is pretty much done, just some final things and we can release!

Hah, I must say that I really love the support I get :cheesy: If you want you can sign up at my new website *wink* and post some ideas or just ask questions :P

http://sleepyentertainment.co.uk/

@crzy:

> Registered for a second time….

Good to know :P

@Dremek:

> The gradients…. they burn my eyes.

Close them then ;)

Here is the information on classes and skills:

>! Pokemon Chaos Realm will feature a deeply integrated class and skill system which will enchance gameplay and allow players to pick their own style of play, from how they earn money to how they battle. The class chosen by the player will to some extent affect the quests they will be able to do and will determine the skills a player will be able to learn. There will be 5 classes available to the player and these will be:
>! * Pokemon Master
* Pokemon Professor
* Pokemon Coordinator
* Pokemon Breeder
* Pokemon Engineer
>! Take note that once a class is chosen, a player will have to stick to that class and will not be able to change his or her class.
>! Each class will have quite the number of skills to choose from, giving the player a wide range to choose from. To be able to use a skill, a player must learn the skill first which will require the player to take a lesson or two and then a test to gain the ability to use the skill and the fact that each skill will have a requirement that must be met. Some skills will only be available to a player if they have learned a previous skill. A player will be able to utilise 9 skills at anyone time and skills that have been learnt will always stay with the player, allowing him or her to change to another learned skill if he or she so pleases to at anytime.
>! Whilst skills are not necessary to getting through a cave or beating a gym leader, they sure help out with the improved gameplay environment. Skills can be used to possibly upgrade the power of healing or maybe improve your chances of finding rare items and or Pokemon. In the long run, skills will be useful and can give the player a tactical advantage in certain situations.
>! Skills will be broken down into 3 categories:
>! * Income
* Battle
* Traits
>! Why have we chosen these 3 categories, I hear you ask. Well it's simple! What do you do in any Pokemon game? You battle, you earn money and you use your natural cunning to become the Pokemon Champion. We feel that these ideals are the basis of Pokemon and so have based the skills around these 3 categories.
>! **How will Income skills help me?**
Income skills may not pay off immediately but are extremely useful in the long run. It's highly adviseable to obtain some of these skills as soon as possible so that you may save up while enjoying the gameplay. Before you know it, you'll be able to purchase TMs, full restores or that shiny looking Poke'doll you've been eyeing. However, 'Income' isn't just for Pokedollars, it could also be for the amount of experience gained from defeated foes or maybe even allow you to increase the happiness of your Pokemon. Income may sound like a puny set of skills to learn at first but when developed, Income skills could give you a home advantage and will support your way through battles and the game.
>! **How will Battle skills help me?**
Battle skills are probably the most immediately beneficial skills as the skills you learn will pay out in battle which tends to happen a lot in Pokemon. Battle skills may increase your Pokemon stats, increase the chance of landing a critical hit or causing a status effect. Battle skills will help you push through battles and will allow for battles to be more engaging and fun because of the range of tactics, players will be able to imploy.
>! **How will Trait skills help me?**
Trait skills are what define each class and even though the player's class will affect the types of skills learnt in the 'Income' and 'Battle' categories, that rule will have more of an effect in this category, allowing a Pokemon Professor to go in a completely different direction from that of a Pokemon Master. Trait skills will be unique to each class and will allow the player to do things that other classes won't be able to.
>! Choosing a class that suits your style of play will make the game more fun to play and the class and skill system will add another dimension to the game!

@Dremek:

> Yes. Don't make it so you're not able to change your class. I think you should have a school where you can change your class and stuff. It'll make it more unique, ya know?

There will be a school where you have to go to choose a class and where you will learn skills. I think limiting the player to one class is a good idea but we'll see if anyone else disagrees.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good! Been lurking in this topic for awhile, so much potential. :)

Really liking the described Class system, definitely a step in the right direction! The staple Pokemon formula really needs these kinds of additions to flourish in an open MMO/ORPG environment, in my opinion at least.

Also, I'm with limiting the players to one Class. Not doing so would kind of defeat the purpose of them I would think… Unless your bounced back to level 1 once you change your class, that might be alright.

• 2 weeks later...