Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The world is going to end May 21? Yes or No

dpinoy13

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not (supposedly) "the end of the world" tomorrow, it's judgement day. Basically, all the 'good' people float up to heaven and the rest of us are left here to deal with the second coming of Jesus and armageddon.

Like that'll happen.

>>http://judgementday2011.com/
http://judgementday2011.spreadshirt.com/i-survived-judgement-day-2011-A7537759/customize/color/1
I lol'd.

His numbers are all wrong, and his rationale behind it makes no sense whatsoever.  I remember hearing about this years ago while flipping through his radio station.  I dismissed it then, too.

I almost feel sorry for the guy, spending his entire life savings on May 21st billboards (which is the only reason people outside Family Radio started going "huh?").  Tomorrow will be the second time he was wrong, considering he made this prediction before.  You _know_ he'll ratify his stuff to say October everything will go down, then we'll have to put up with his BS all summer.

@Admiral:

> His numbers are all wrong, and his rationale behind it makes no sense whatsoever.  I remember hearing about this years ago while flipping through his radio station.  I dismissed it then, too.
>
> I almost feel sorry for the guy, spending his entire life savings on May 21st billboards (which is the only reason people outside Family Radio started going "huh?").  Tomorrow will be the second time he was wrong, considering he made this prediction before.  You _know_ he'll ratify his stuff to say October everything will go down, then we'll have to put up with his BS all summer.

I completely agree with you.
Using some nonsensical formula with arbitrary dates from the bible means absolutely nothing. Assuming, of course, there _is_ going to be a second coming of Jesus…

@Peteyyy:

> Why post if you have nothing of relevance to say?

Because I have nothing else to say about this bull. It's all fake. And if it is the end of the world, oh well. There is no one where going to miss and no one we will forget. We will all be dead then and all be wherever.

1\. If the world is going to end, theres nothing we can do about it anyways. So who cares?
2\. All the religion based arguments make no sense at all, I'm christian (of sorts) and I'm just dumbfounded by the stupidness of this.
3\. If it does end Tomorrow, then who cares? Everyone would die, no one left… can we actually do something about something that big? HELL NO. so if it happens it happens.

@Peteyyy:

> It's not (supposedly) "the end of the world" tomorrow, it's judgement day. Basically, all the 'good' people float up to heaven and the rest of us are left here to deal with the second coming of Jesus and armageddon.

See this is why I hate Organized religion. The people dont read what they believe in and just follow some nut job that doesnt know what they are talking about.

judgement day isnt going to happen till the world goes to shit already. To many prophecies still not filled so people that thing tomorrow everything is going to end, needs to get their heads out of their asses and read the damn book they follow.

Yes I am a christian but I am not like most, Do I go to church on sundays? nope I dont, and why is that? like i said before I dont believe in organized religion.

Too many times Ive went to a different churches and they Chop the bible up into parts and mix them to say something completely else. You can do that with in book…. People are stupid and follow blindly If they would just pick up the book and read it for themselves instead of waiting for someone else to tell them what it says then maybe they will understand.

Many times Ive went up to preachers and asked them where did you find that at in the bible and they start to say im not a christian because im questioning them and thats the sign of the devil.

Sorry Im not going to be a blind sheep that does what other people say, just because others think your right.

Thing that pisses me off more then anything is those that say "Oh your not a christian then your going to hell"  The bible says "Leave all judgment up to the lord" meaning Dont Judge people and if those so called christains would read the bible they would know this and not go around saying OH you did something bad your going to hell"

@Magikarp:

> At least the atheists will take are of your pets when you leave…

Um truth of the matter is If the world does go to crap tomorrow, they wont be taking care of them, they will be using them as food since there will be no food anywhere.

@Magikarp:

> [http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/](http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/)

I loled…

Hard.

The puppies on that page are so cute. I love the selfishness of the Christians, leaving behind their animals. If their dogs don't come with them to church how did they expect them to make it to heaven with them? Fail.

@MrMiguu:

> I loled…
>
> Hard.
>
> The puppies on that page are so cute. I love the selfishness of the Christians, leaving behind their animals. If their dogs don't come with them to church how did they expect them to make it to heaven with them? Fail.

On top of that, animals aren't supposed to have souls, according to the Catholic Church and apparently the bible too xD

We should just tell this guy to commit suicide right before it happens, that way he won't have to endure the painful death of the world burning over.

Sure,pack your stuff becouse Mr.Death and Apocalypse Riders will come for ya tommorow!
Really,if someone believe that tommorow will be an Armageddon,he have something wrong in brain.
But… if it's true... CHUCK NORRIS NEED TO RESSURECT IN NEXT EPSOIDE OF TEXAS RANGER!!.

Drakkie i agree with you on organized religion. Im Christian, but i dont believe in the church… every church ive been to is full of hyprocrits and all the do is ask for money.

Admiral you shouldnt feel bad for this guy... he didnt spend his money. The cult raised millions and he is spending other people's money. When the world doesnt end he's gonna dissapear with everyone else's money. 

He says that tomorrow is the 7000 year anniversery to the day of the flood. No one knows when the flood actually took place... and to appease you athiests if it took place at all.

Hopefully he'll make tomorrow be the end of the world for himself so there will be one less wacko in the world.

@Magikarp:

> [http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/](http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/)

I lol'd hard, I don't think it will end because this guy was saying the same back in 1994 and it didn't happen

If you believe:

> May 21, 2011: Not the end of the world
>
>     You can relax. The world is not coming to an end on May 21\. I have it on authority.
>     Ed Hindson, president of the World Prophetic Ministry, a distinguished professor of religion at Liberty University and host of “The King is Coming” on Trinity Network, says so flat out.
>     Hindson says Harold Camping “doesn’t have the right date.” And it’s not the first time. Camping earlier predicted Rapture for September 1994 and has a backup date of Oct 21 in case he is wrong this time.
>     Hindson is quite confident that vthe world will go on past Saturday. In fact, he is giving a speech to 10,000 people in California on Sunday, the day after Camping’s doomsday. Presumably those who are planning to come also do not believe that Saturday will be their last day on Earth.
>     How does Hindson know for sure? “There’s no solid biblical basis” he says. “God doesn’t give us a specific date. Jesus said, nobody knows the day and the hour. The Bible also tells you not to set the date for the second coming.”
>     Still, Hindson believes that the second coming could be closer than we might think. But he says you have to live life the way you would anyway. He lives by the maxim, “Don’t waste your time, trying to guess the time; be ready all the time, because Jesus could come any time.”
>     Hindson is among a large segment of Christians who do believe in “end times.” The evidence, he says, that we are getting closer is in the Bible. It says Israel will return to the land. To Hindson that is “a flashing amber light that gets my attention.” He points to the crisis in the Middle East as evidence that wars in the Middle East signal the last days and says, to prepare, “we should work for peace to resolve human conflict.”
>     The big question then, is will he change his own life to prepare for the second coming? Should we change our lives? Should we stop dieting, cash in all of our chips and take a trip around the world, stop paying taxes, run off with that cutie from the office we’ve had our eye on?
>     He laughs. “Jesus says, ‘stay busy until I return,’ ” he says. In some cases people may be irresponsibly waiting for Him to come and not taking care of business.”
>     What about non believers? “You’re in big trouble,” he says, but all is not lost.
>     “I think the rapture will shock people and cause them to believe. So it’s only the really evil people who will actually be in trouble. “Evil people who don’t believe in God and made evil choices like Hitler and Islamic extremists. When you pick up the sword in the name of God you are violating Jesus’s basic teaching,” he says. Which is one reason he thinks the second coming may happen sooner rather than later.
>     In terms of evil, enough is enough. “If you’re God and you’ve been reaching out to people for thousands of years,” he says, You want to stop this.”
>     But Hindson is not at all happy with Camping’s prediction any more than he was over Camping’s previous prediction of Rapture occurring in September 1994\. “He should have been more honest and said, ‘whoops, I goofed,’ ” he said. “The danger with what he is doing is that when nothing happens, people will throw the baby out with the bath [water]. It only encourages the scoffers. The Bible predicts there will be scoffers.”
>     So is Hindson doing anything to prepare for the end, just in case? Not really. “If Jesus comes back, I will be happy,” he says. However there is some conflict. At just 66, he doesn’t want the end to come prematurely. Yet, “the older you get, the sooner you want Jesus to come back because you’re running out of time. “
>     So what will he tell the 10,000 people on Sunday in Riverside, Calif., assuming we’re all still here?
>     “My speaking will be unrelated to this prediction,” he says. My emphasis will be on the true signs of the second coming and why this guy is wrong.”
>     My advice, after speaking with Hindson, and he agrees: We should all keep on flossing.
>     More On Faith and May 21, 2011
>     Under God: How did Harold Camping calculate the Rapture?
>     John Shelby Spong: Camping does not represent Christianity
>     Richard Dawkins: Science explains the end of the world
>     Matthew Paul Turner: The harm that ‘Judgment Day’ will do
>     Panel responds: How do end-times theologies impact real world behaviors?
>     Under God/ Twitter: What would you do if you knew you only had three days left? Use #bucketlist
>     SALLY QUINN | MAY 20, 2011 9:45 AM

If you dont

> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Post-Rapture-Looting/116030068480558

@Drake/Gwen: I completely agree with you.  I'm a Christian, though I'm currently not going to any churches; currently using the Bible itself as a direct guide, not being proxied through a priest.  If I want to look something up, I look it up myself…  If anyone actually looked in Revelations, Daniel, or any of the other prophetic books in the Bible, they'd realize that this guy's timeline is a poorly thrown together mess, and doesn't line up with the Bible at all.  As I said before, the math doesn't even add up, nor does his rationale..

@Jungletoe:

> On top of that, animals aren't supposed to have souls, according to the Catholic Church and apparently the bible too xD

"_I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh_"
Technically, animals are flesh; just a thought.
I wasn't raised Catholic – most of my family was -- they are a very good example of how far organized religion strays from the Bible, going as far as doing most things that the bible forbids.