Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Eclipse Galaxy v0.9]

The New World

I can't believe I haven't seen this before. This is awesome one of the few worthy custom edits over here. Downloading right now :)

@Encyclopedia:

> So this is an uber late reply but, considering almost every custom engine in this board is once again tutorials crammed together with no originality or optimizations, **I will once again be working on this project.**

:cheesy:

EDIT: lol, there are a few GUI errors :P with scrollbars on Item Editor and NPC Editor, also when I hit the Resource button I get a 380 RTE and highlights this line:
```
.scrlResourceEditor(5).Value = Resource(EditorIndex).health
```

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@Touch:

> So this is an uber late reply but, considering almost every custom engine in this board is once again tutorials crammed together with no originality or optimizations, I will once again be working on this project.

Where's this work you spoke of? It's been 3 months and no updates…

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Bump, I think?

Anyways, been working on an RMXP style eventing system. I'm working on the basic ground work for it so I have something to build off of for the more advanced things such as conditional statements and the such. Then the UI will prove to be an annoyance. But for now, I've been focusing on the tree. ;D

![](http://i.imgur.com/AYRoW.png)

May not look like a lot but trees in VB6 are a lot different than I'm used to. So I spent a while researching and toying with examples, but now it's a breeze. The only challenge now is developing my own optimal and extendable system. **I'll also be writing a tutorial to implement this into your own source.**

Also, the nodes presented above will have their own child nodes representing the properties of each.

Also in the next release, or the release after this one, I'll be implementing functionality for the Change Array Size buttons, allowing for dynamic MAX_ variables.

http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/tutorial_aevent1.shtml

Their interface is a lot more advanced than mine, but I plan on having everything to where you can easily add a new type of event for your chain without conflicting with existing events. This will probably bring in elements from other editors such as the map editor specifically for what npcs are available on that map, and a bunch of other things.

The point of this system is it's supposed to offer a the frame for making and putting to use your own custom types of events with total ease.

So since I'm already pretty set on how I'm going to code it, I need to decide on, plot, and prototype an interface layout.

**EDIT:** Or maybe I should just make a base system as exact as theres, but leave room for custom expansion? Or maybe just copy the UI and leave out all but basic commands and leave that for you all to extend? With the way I'll be creating this, as I've been saying, creating new commands will be quite simple in a sense, the only complicated part being the functionality for that command that you create yourself.

**EDIT 2:** Also, this system will be replacing the "custom events" system I implemented for some of the game entities, and will instead offer the option to select an event to execute upon use.