Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Eclipse Galaxy v0.9]

The New World

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6d2faf5d04b3c4e405c47fea8c709362.png)
[eclipse galaxy]

Eclipse Galaxy is a project I've had in mind for quite some time. Finally decided to settle down and get it started. The main goal of this project is to expand what Eclipse Origins v2 Beta has already provided, and optimize the existing source as well. Throughout the development of this project I'll be releasing updates containing new procedures, optimizations, and features that will provide for an all around better game development experience. Meaning, this edition is aimed at efficiency, and expansion on the basis of the default engine.

[management]

Any bugs or problems can be openly discussed and reported to me in a fashionable way. This will ensure that you get the best out of this project. The source code is included, and will help provide for fixing things yourself, and allowing you to further contribute, which, of course is optional. Anything that is not reported, or not discovered by myself, will remain a mystery and be ignored. So reporting and exploring the code is a good idea. :P

[development]

I will most likely be working on this project myself, with no set release dates, and the like. This project will contain various new modules and editions in comparison to the default source code. I will take requests, and critique however. Another large goal I aim to accomplish with this project is making things more customizable than the ordinary editors allow, meaning that custom events or actions you want to take place for a certain NPC can be selected from a list of hard-coded you create yourself. This adds for more creative and interactive gameplay. I am NOT jam-packing this little candy store with a variety of goodies. I'm much rather restoring a recipe. I will only be including things that I personally believe would efficiently benefit the project. If you would like to trollop out the code yourself, feel free. But no such thing will be my primary intent.

[changelog]

>! * EG v1.0 [Preview]
- RMXP/RMVX Supported Autotiles w/ UI Option
- External Editor Suite
- Extended Access Options (Right-Click Server)
- Multiple Characters per Account
- UDT -> Classes
- ???
>! * EG v0.9
- Added PartyWarp sub-routine
- Fixed interface bugs (Resource Editor & Item Editor)
- Level up command access check
- Fixed Spell Refresh
- Fixed Currency Overflow
- Fixed HoT for NPCs/Players
- Friendly NPCs w/ 0 stats
- Fixed Slide Attribute
- Fixed InTrade Invite Crash
- Fixed Heal HP/MP Damage MP Spells (Joyce)
>! Summary: I've added in a few known fixes and fixed some things myself. The main goodie in this release besides more fixes is the PartyWarp function which will warp a players entire party when its called. It is not implemented anywhere, but it is available for wherever you'd choose to use it. I've also included a list of features to come in the changelog text file.
>! * EG v0.8
- Separate Class CanPlayerDodge Algorithms
- Separate Class CanPlayerParry Algorithms
- CanNpcBlock based on Strength and Rand Integer
>! Summary: I've once again gone through the combat module and made the algorithms for the players dodge and parry events differentiate for each class. I've also finished a small 'todo' listed within the source that gives NPCs an algorithm to calculate their block chance based on the mobs strength and a random integer.
>! * EG v0.7
- Custom Item Events
- CanPlayerBlock calculated with Shield
- Separate Class Regen Algorithms
- Separate Class CanPlayerCrit Algorithms
>! Summary: In this version, I've included custom item events, which allow you to further expand the actions of your items without creating new types. I've also gone through the modCombat and made the player blocking algorithm include calculations based on the players equipped shield. Also along these lines I've changed the HP/MP regeneration and the critical hit algorithms to be different based on the players class.
>! * EG v0.6
- Boss Framework [Partly Lightning]
- Boss Special: Stun Example
- Custom NPC Events
>! Summary: This version includes a pre-made BossAI framework based on Lightning's Boss Battle Framework, as well as my own custom and working stun event that occurs at a given time during the battle based on the AI. I've also included a new NPC type, 'custom', this allows you to 'script' or create custom events for your npcs.
>! * EG v0.5
- Multiple instances of the same client cannot be used simultaneously
- Fixed Text Rendering [Lightning]
- Spells Indexed over 35 fixed [Lightning]
>! Summary: This version includes Lightning's fixes for text rendering and spells indexed over 35, as well as my own custom feature that doesn't allow a single computer to run two copies of the client at the same time.
>! * EG v0.4
- Editors use control arrays for most controls
- Shop editor delete command
>! Summary: This version uses indexed control arrays for every editor excluding the map editor, for buttons and scroll bars. The control arrays execute code through a 'Select Case' procedure, keeping all the commands compact in one place. I have also included the mysteriously missing delete command for the shop editor.
>! * EG v0.3
- Data Convertor Control Array
- Fixed UpdateCaption server version title
- Fixed ".dat!" extension for map conversions
>! Summary: I've gone back to my UDT convertor interface and re-designed it to use a Control Array for the buttons, as well as fixed the version showing in the title of the server. And there was one more bug I noticed that I had to fix, in the map conversion procedure, it would output your new map file as "map#.dat!" instead of "map#.dat". A silly mistake.
>! * EG v0.2
- Server-sided data convertors
- Client & Server version titles
- Each class has own combat algorithm
- Server-sided text commands
>! Summary: I've included a feature that allows you to easily convert your various UDTs to include your own edits all in one little interface on the server. A small edit, both the client and the server now contain their version in their titles. Another small edit, now each class has it's own defined combat algorithm for 'GetPlayerDamage' allowing for more combat variation. The last thing I included in this release was the ability to execute a few 'text commands' through the main interface of the server. Commands such as 'cls', and 'shutdown' were included.
>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c84c042b31834767cfb43c2fb419f300.png)
>! * EG v0.1
- Delayed Rendering
- Fixed "+0 Exp!" for null party members
- Emote Message Fixed
- Hotbar Fixed
- picSpells Refresh Fixed
>! Summary: In this version I've added a timer for the rendering procedure. This takes a load off of the CPU by delaying the procedure. Also, before now when you'd be in a party and receive experience, for the missing party members, an action message would still show up. This version also include the Hotbar, picSpells, and Emote message fixes.

[downloads]

>! [RAR] [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.9](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ee62e3d00df0efe45e9f843f54b878be.rar)
[ZIP] [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.9](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/57a8b46c80e1013de57f9d14498f5364.zip)
>! [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.8](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6c95a293ea2081e3431c2774b3b665aa.zip)
>! [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.4](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/63d23e40a4c0f8220fc5a1d09b07fed9.zip)
>! [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.3](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/63d23e40a4c0f8220fc5a1d09b07fed9.zip)
>! [Download Eclipse Galaxy v0.2](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/374465db961dc2047fd8058b4bafd33b.zip)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this.  A thing that'd be cool is a quest or Guild system, but that's up to you as they're not necessary for a base engine.  Also, about the closable pop up windows, it takes only about 20 minutes to do it yourself and if you added that people would probably customize their GUI less.  My idea to handle any GUI edits would be to either simply ignore requests for them and make a pretty bad GUI that people would need to change for their game to look good, or to make a few different choosable GUIs for EG.

Actually, I have the idea and I did code it. I'm just missing some stuff.
Anyway, I will give credit if I rip it. Just tell me who to credit it to.

I even released the ummm not even close to finish source code.
I was able to convert all the data(I only released Account Data) but I didn't know how to detect if there was any changes so the server would need to convert or not.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> Actually, I have the idea and I did code it. I'm just missing some stuff.
> Anyway, I will give credit if I rip it. Just tell me who to credit it to.
>
> I even released the ummm not even close to finish source code.
> I was able to convert all the data(I only released Account Data) but I didn't know how to detect if there was any changes so the server would need to convert or not.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

Eh, I left mine to be used manually. All you have to do is add the new types, run the server, convert, done. Then for the next conversion it's just copy paste for maps, the rest of the convertors load the new and old values, all you have to do is manually add your new ones to the 'Put' portion. Not a lot of work at all.

@Rose:

> Eh, I left mine to be used manually. All you have to do is add the new types, run the server, convert, done. Then for the next conversion it's just copy paste for maps, the rest of the convertors load the new and old values, all you have to do is manually add your new ones to the 'Put' portion. Not a lot of work at all.

I just saw the screenshot and I see what you did.

Well…then there's nothing for me to steal =[
Dang it! Well I like this though so maybe when there is something good come out, I'll rip it for my game :D
Don't worry, I'll give proper credits, though. I had to make the Credits Page in my game scrolling because I have so many names in it.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Damian666:

> i agree we should keep this at a minimum >.<
>
> not this particular one, i mean in general, in a few weeks we will be flooded with engines xd
>
> also, suggestion, better sound system, guild system, fix all leftover bugs, quest system.
>
> Dami

I'm fixing quite a bit. But as of right now, I'm going through all the editors and making them use control arrays for the buttons.

@Damian666:

> i agree we should keep this at a minimum >.<
>
> not this particular one, i mean in general, in a few weeks we will be flooded with engines xd
>
> also, suggestion, better sound system, guild system, fix all leftover bugs, quest system.
>
> Dami

Meh, i wouldn't be surprised if 5 different engines started.  Most of them won't reach completion.  This one and eClipse(seewhatididthar?) are probably the only real engines going to start.  Can't say for sure yet though.

ill be sure to see if i can rip anything usefull :)

also, i looked at your conversion stuff, any luck we could get a convertor for adding more layers?

i think its in the tiles rec, but personally i cant get it to work.

also, stupid that i forgot, but animated tiles is a pre if ya ask me.

Dami

@jcsnider:

> Nope o.O… Sorry, this is what I get for not reading everything clearly.

I guess so. What I'm doing right now is going through every editor, and recoding every separate control to be a part of a control array for that editor, with other similar controls. Such as all the buttons in one array, all the scrollbars in another. And with this a simple select case holds the procedures for each control. :P

EDIT:

Finished the time consuming part of making the control arrays and coding them to work with the forms, now just have to go throughout the entire source and fix anything that relies on the components themselves.

EDIT II:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/59dd9c0ba74d5d04ec76fa08adefcfcb.PNG)