Find results in...

[Official] Eclipse.NET

JeffSventora

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JeffSventora:

> Very. And which procedures to be exact?

For one, i believe the networking could use a overhaul. But I'm pretty sure .Net uses different procedures so you had no option on that.

Storing the player data in a array of classes rather then Structures is always a bonus.

Of course those are just examples, you should know the rest of mirage's serious deep rooted problems.

Mirage was essentially an engine with the most basic implementations required for ORPG development. From there, people took Mirage and added to it. At that point, anything added in terms of features weren't necessities. What I'm doing is re-creating that. I will provide everyone with a clean, solid foundation for ORPG development . AT that point I'll leave it up to the community to make additions with tutorials etc… not saying I won't ever update it but my goal is to make this a community based project in the end.

Heres a list of what I still want to do:
- Particle System
- Spells
- Player (inventory, vitals, etc...)
- Items
- NPC's
- Combat
- Maps
- Animations
- Shops
- Scripting

And I don't know what else, obviously it's not as easy as making a list and "doing it". But I'm all ears if anyone has suggestions.

Also, I updated the main post, need some help with a GUI interface if anyone is interested.

UPDATE

Uploaded the Map Editor as well as the latest version of FusionLib. This is by no means the final version of the editor, just looking for some feedback on the interface and any other improvements I can make. I suck at GUI design and I'd like to make it as simple/easy to use as possible. Thanks!

UPDATE

Added server/client communication. As of right now it's working in a very basic manner but I'll be upgrading it heavily soon. Also, be sure to download the latest version of the map editor source and the FusionLib source. I'm looking for some constructive feedback. And last but not least, I need someone willing to help me out with a GUI design. I would greatly appreciate any takers.

Thanks guys.

Appreciate it crzy!

UPDATE

Working on the GUI interface a bit. Touched up on the button class and created a textbox class. I also added a Control manager. It works as a factory as well as a manager. Here is a brief snippet of code followed by a screen shot. I'm all about little to no code, as you'll see, it does just that! :p

```
        // Controls
        TextBox UserBox, PasswordBox;
        GuiButton LoginBtn, RegisterBtn;

private void AddControls()
        {
            UserBox = FusionControls.AddTextBox(new Vector2(32, 100f), 256);
            PasswordBox = FusionControls.AddTextBox(new Vector2(32, 132f), 256, true);
            LoginBtn = FusionControls.AddButton(@"Textures\Button", "Login!", new Vector2(32f, 164f), Color.White);
            RegisterBtn = FusionControls.AddButton(@"Textures\Button", "Register!", new Vector2(32f + 128f, 164f), Color.White);
        }
        private void RemoveControls()
        {
            FusionControls.ClearControls();
        }

```
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/bede7cacc37ca8411957cbf5814df760.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#bede7cacc37ca8411957cbf5814df760.PNG)

@JeffSventora:

> I am, in fact I do but I will not be advertising it on this forum, doing my best not to break any rules :p However, if you're interested just PM me and I'll send you a link, it's dead though, very dead xD

This changes due to the fact that you're head developer, right?