Find results in...

[EOv2.0] How To Add New Equipment Slots

Justn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~Ok eqtop is how far from the top of the character window  the Eq will be drawn
Eqleft is how far from the left it will start drawing
EqoffsetX is how far apart each item will be drawn on a single row left/right
EqoffsetY is how far apart each item is drawn up/down
Eqcolums is how many columns u will have

Err hope that makes sense I am probably not explaining that as well as I should its too early in the morning :/~~

Public Const EqTop As Long = how far from the top u want the Eq to start drawing
Public Const EqLeft As Long = how far from the left side you want the Eq to start drawing
Public Const EqOffsetX As Long = space in between the equipment slots
Public ConstEqColumns As Long = how many columns u want

HELP! okay so, i got everything top work great! except one little thing.![](http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/cham_boi/1-1.jpg)![](http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/cham_boi/2-1.jpg)

I want the "WING" Item equipment to work like the "Bonus" item equipment, but it's not working the same….

@Justn:

> Show me what your list looks like in cmbtype

CMB list
```
None
Wing
Weapon
Armor
Helmet
Fashionweapon
Fashion
Facefashion
Accessory
Bonus
Sheild
Consume
Key
Currency
Spell
Scripted
Recipe

```
Corresponding Item constants
```
' Item constants
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_NONE As Byte = 0
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_WING As Byte = 1 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_WEAPON As Byte = 2
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_ARMOR As Byte = 3
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_HELMET As Byte = 4
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_FASHIONWEAPON As Byte = 5 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_FASHION As Byte = 6 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_FACEFAHION As Byte = 7 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_ACCESSORY As Byte = 8 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_BONUS As Byte = 9 'New
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_SHIELD As Byte = 10
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_CONSUME As Byte = 11
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_KEY As Byte = 12
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_CURRENCY As Byte = 13
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_SPELL As Byte = 14
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_SCRIPTED As Byte = 15
Public Const ITEM_TYPE_RECIPE As Byte = 16

```

No sorry man u should really try to get a copy of visual basic 6\. U will find it is pretty easy to obtain a free copy..

If u want send me a pm and ill add it to the new event system for u, but its still best u get vb6

@zerosavior115:

> it bothers me
>
> how can i have a permanent area for a specific equipment cause i tried you tut and the equipment acts like inventory items is there any fix in this

That should not happen with this tutorial… In modenumerations (client&server) find " ' Equipment used by Players" make sure those match also.could u post them so I can try to help I have never had that problem with this tutorial

@Justn:

> That should not happen with this tutorial… In modenumerations (client&server) find " ' Equipment used by Players" make sure those match also.could u post them so I can try to help I have never had that problem with this tutorial

oh ive tried that but its the same and when im unequiping it it says

inventory full

ill give my file when i get home

I have another small problem… When I unequipped an item, all my "Item pictures/icons" gets removed (but they are still equipped)... when I go into a different Tabs (option, Inventory, spell...etc) and come back to the Character tab, all the pictures return. except for the unequipped one... So how do i make it so that when i Unequipped an item only that item's Picture/icon gets remove?!? Thanks

@chamster:

> I have another small problem… When I unequipped an item, all my "Item pictures/icons" gets removed (but they are still equipped)... when I go into a different Tabs (option, Inventory, spell...etc) and come back to the Character tab, all the pictures return. except for the unequipped one... So how do i make it so that when i Unequipped an item only that item's Picture/icon gets remove?!? Thanks

Thats not normal behavior for the engine or this tutorial so i dont see how sending the character data will fix it. What engine are you using? Also do you have a backup before you did this edit? Are you trying this on a new character? If you want send me a pm and I will use team viewer or send me your source and I will add however many new slots you want bro.

• 4 weeks later...
@FlatlanD:

> How I can move item icons? Because they don't fit now

This code is to move the icons around in the char window just mess around with them to get what ur looking for if u need more help just let me know

```
' Character consts
Public Const EqTop As Long = 164
Public Const EqLeft As Long = 43
Public Const EqOffsetX As Long = 3
Public Const EqOffsetY As Long = 4
Public Const EqColumns As Long = 3

```

• 1 month later...