Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

The AI is just a copy paste from Oblivion… and it's kind of sad. The only additional thing is that enemies sometimes try to sidestep your arrows and spells (which looks rather silly, because they suddenly move at least three times faster than they possibly could for about half a second) and run to cover when they can't reach you in melee. You can still bait and hit melee enemies by jumping onto a rock and back on the ground when they get out of your reach.

And there's this just horrid thing that simply should not exist. I'm not a programmer, I don't aspire to be one and I will never be... but somehow I believe that for professional game developers it's not a matter of implementation, but rather having the fucking idea to categorize the NPC crowd and giving them something called threat generation? Because it hurts me deeply, when I'm fighting a bloody dragon, spamming spells at it, rapidly destroying it's HP bar while he is more occupied with a couple of wolves... wolves... what the fuck were those wolves thinking in the first place? Am I to believe that every single animal in the land of Skyrim has fucking rabies? Would it be so hard to make all the armed humans to have a priority of fighting a dragon? Instead of attacking me while the dragon is burning/freezing the shit out of them? How about making it so when I storm a bandit fort, the bandits attack me instead of being occupied with chasing after some retarded deer? AND I'M NOT EVEN SNEAKING!

Shadowmere is game breaking, because for some reason every single monster or enemy would rather target it instead of me... and since he is immortal, you can take on mammoths with your bare hands. And speaking about bare hands:

![](http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/75/75179.jpg)

And in case you're wondering - I'm nitpicking. I do enjoy the game… but it's still a fact that you have to struggle with the game to have fun sometimes.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kusy:

> I do enjoy the game… but it's still a fact that you have to struggle with the game to have fun sometimes.

Every single Bethesda game ever has this. I still love them, though. Anything that really annoys me is guaranteed to annoy someone else, and a mod will be made to fix it.

@Frostyy:

> In both the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild it seems like you got promoted waaay too fast.  It went from people calling you the newbie to people really respecting your work.  There weren't enough mid-level quests imo.

Well… the Dark Brotherhood quest was little fun and made little sense whatsoever. I was disappointed with it considering that it was the best  quest line in Oblivion. Like anyone would let someone just introduced to the organisation carry out a task like that, especially since nobody is supposed to respect the "person" who gave you your authority. The only thing fun or interesting about that quest were the journals.

In Oblivion it was well paced, had a twist and ended with a boom, here it's just kind of stupid.

Now I'm doing the Winterhold line... also a lazy quest, I'm not sure where it's going yet.

Exploration and random encounters are the most fun part in the game. Also some side quests are nice.

@Robin:

> Nope. 100 smithing & 100 enchanting. Made 100% legit.

Well, my brother has finished the main quest and has 100 % smithing.
But he only has the dragon armor, neither the accessoiries nor the weapons..
This is strange.. Do you need to craft them on a special place? Or find something like a receipe? A book maybe?

@Kusy:

> Like anyone would let someone just introduced to the organisation carry out a task like that, especially since nobody is supposed to respect the "person" who gave you your authority. The only thing fun or interesting about that quest were the journals.

That's exactly how i felt with the dark brotherhood and a little bit with the Thieves guild, but I loved Thieves Guild quests.  I also liked how they handled the Delvin and Vex quests with their special quests.

@Kamii:

> Well, my brother has finished the main quest and has 100 % smithing.
> But he only has the dragon armor, neither the accessoiries nor the weapons..
> This is strange.. Do you need to craft them on a special place? Or find something like a receipe? A book maybe?

Then he doesn't have 100% enchantment. The perk lets you place two enchantments on items. This means I can set up a bunch of armour with +smithing% enchantments, make awesome armour, then enchant them and re-name them. 'Dragonborn Armour' is just what I called it.

Awesome  XD Just fought back to back dragons seconds apart.  Got attacked by a random Blood dragon while fighting a troll, got lucky I survived that battle, then right after, another attacked, because I was near one of those dragon spire places. Then I became overburdened with dragon scales and bones :(

@Robin:

> Those things are pretty worthless after you've made your first set of armour with them.

I'm going solid mage, so I really havent gotten too heavily into smithing.  I kinda was for a while, but now all I make is jewelry to enchant. But yeah the price-vs-wieght doesnt make them horribly worth lugging around, however I only just hit 5k in my pocket for the first time last night, so I'm not yet at the point where they are small change XD

On a random note, I was atop a mountain peak cutting across, and I see a female elf in only a bra and panties with boots on. Naturally this intruiges me, so I go over to say hi. Turns out she is a Vampire though, and she attacked me. 

Awfully clever, stick a half nude chick in the middle of nowhere as a trap.  They know my weakness.
She even had a set of clothes in her inv she could have been wearing.

@Kreator:

> I'm disappointed how easy dragons are. As soon as they land they get ducked up by my warhammer.

I'm disappointed how easy EVERYTHING are. As soon as they get in my sight EVERYTHING get ducked up by my double-cast fire-bolts.

They didn't add spellcrafting because it would make the game unbalanced and silly but they decided that it was a good idea to give you perk that makes most of your double-cast spells stagger the enemy… every single time. It's not even like it's a chance for getting staggered. It's 100% stagger whenever a double-cast spell contacts.

This of course means that as long as I have magica, the enemy can't even move an inch towards me, because I can spam him with staggering spells... and since I have the mask that gives you 100% faster magica regeneration and the Arch Mage robes that do the same (among other things) I regenerate magica almost faster than I can use it...

I'm now going to get 100 enchanting and get myself a full set of Destruction spells cost reduction equipment... meaning that there won't be an enemy in this game that will survive a chain of my fire-bolts before I can even use half of my magica. I can already kill two Mammoths in one stream before it get drained.

And in case something does survive 50 double-cast fire-bolts... I happen to know how to make magica potions, so here's another 50, at the expense of few herbs.

tl:dr - magic breaks the game.

@Kusy:

> I'm disappointed how easy EVERYTHING are.

Turn up the difficulty?

@Keebler:

> Alot of things break the game once you get to higher levels. Like having armor which makes it impossible for a magic attack to hurt you when you have 150% + resist magic. Not to mention the other things you can do to make 1 hit kill weapons.

Impossible. You can only have 80% damage mitigation. Anything higher than that does nothing.