Crystalshire:Developer's Edition-For Dummies

Rob Janes

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sillfox:

> Is this download'able yet!…

No be patient we have lives to xD But yeah we are adding alot of diffrent things. Until we think it's perfect it will be done. We are also just making stuff for our game to and he's also working on Splattered(paint ball game not with EO or EO:CD).

@Prince:

> So that game is just a game that we can join and play, not source ?

Splattered is a professional-grade kinda game. The source will not be release. At least to the best of my knowledge.

However, this game right here might have an open source edition for everyone to use. Graphics will not be included.

Sincerely,
Rithy

You are correct Rithy ;) Thanks for clearing that up for everyone =]

Heres how the projectile system works:
There is a MapProjectile(MapNum) array, as well as a subset of Projectile() data which includes things like 'Owner, X, Y, Damage, Dir, Texture and Active).  It stores the direction it's shooting so that when the client renders, it knows what part of that texture to load so it faces the proper way.  The item editor has an option for weapons to be melee or ranged.  If they are ranged, you have the option of choose the projectile texture for the weapon.

Here's a video of projectiles by the way. (Yes, the Bow looks like a piece of meat, I have no gfx for a bow yet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSRSOtNz9nA

Next on the chopping block is additional player animations, attacking, sitting etc

That didn't take long at all, players can now hit 'X' to sit down and when attacking, it will play a seperate attacking animation.  No screenshot or video yet as it uses horrible programmer art for the 2 animations, once Schnurman gets those frames done I'll post screens/vids.

How about a turn in place button, I was looking at the projectile example and I really think a turn in place button would do it justice. See when you turn around you go closer, make it so I can just turn around instead of moving in the direction that I turn.

Looking good so far.

@Dash:

> How about a turn in place button, I was looking at the projectile example and I really think a turn in place button would do it justice. See when you turn around you go closer, make it so I can just turn around instead of moving in the direction that I turn.
>
> Looking good so far.

ummm.. what?

@Schnurman:

> ummm.. what?

I think he mean like a button or KeyPress that will change the direction that the player is facing.

Example :
Pressing Home will rotate where the player is facing clockwise while Pressing End will rotate where the player is facing counter-clockwise.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> I think he mean like a button or KeyPress that will change the direction that the player is facing.
>
> Example :
> Pressing Home will rotate where the player is facing clockwise while Pressing End will rotate where the player is facing counter-clockwise.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

Hmm I see. Yes that does sound like a good idea, it would be good if you where ever ambushed in the game. Hmmm we should think about that.

@Schnurman:

> Hmm I see. Yes that does sound like a good idea, it would be good if you where ever ambushed in the game. Hmmm we should think about that.

It has been done with previous version of Eclipse, I believe. I know for sure that many engines based of off Mirage Source had that feature. A simple feature that can be add easily and will be quite useful.

Sincerely,
Rithy

So far? Hmm.
Semi-customizable UI - I plan to make a UI editor before I release the source
DX8 texture weather system
Character customization, hair, head, body, chest, legs
Who's online list
Projectile weapons
Improved chat bubble (… While typing) etc
Private chat channels
Quests with in-game graphical displays
Customized character sheet
Class talent trees
Improved party system
Additional player frames (attacking animations, sitting, waving)

Well my friend, I feel you should at least release a little bit of something more. It feels a lot more like a trailer for a movie you can't wait for. Now everyone is just waiting for the movie to be canceled.

I understand you don't want to release it until its perfect or near perfect, but my friend….. Its like telling kids about the greatest candy on earth and not letting them have so much as a taste.

You've hyped up enough my friend. give them something, their dying man lol.

@Bean:

> Yes, what you just said clearly means you want to convince him to release it at the state it is now so _you_ can use it.

No I plan on using Eclipse Boring, so, there.

@Prince:

> Release it i'm dying now.  :P

See! This is what I was trying to warn you about! Hurry! or else…..

Seriously though guy, I want pets quests and well..... everything in my own engine. So it will be a while before I use this. I'm not saying you should release some broke engine, guy. But I know you can make a feature or so add it, test it perfectly, and release it with a little change. That is what I meant by giving them a taste.

While good in theory, releasing an unfinished version means I will continue to make changes and improve upon things.  It also means no one could really start a project because new features would be continually added, and they would need to port their game to the latest version every release.  It's just a lot of hassel for you guys to keep having to do that over and over.