Find results in...

Crystalshire:Developer's Edition-For Dummies

Rob Janes

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Schnurman:

> Well it's not exactly graal, I just kinda have the base off it and tweaked it alot. Very similar but no. But we do want a similar design to graal and Zelda. Though we wanted a bigger tilesey so we went with graal.

Ah, ok. Although looking back Graal is heavily influenced on Zelda. but this is interesting nontheless.

@SnowGear:

> Ah, ok. Although looking back Graal is heavily influenced on Zelda. but this is interesting nontheless.

Well graal was originally Zefla Online with Zelda graphics. But they wher threatened to be sued so they changed the name to graal and changes the graphics style a bit. It's honestly link to the past graphics x2

@Schnurman:

> Well graal was originally Zefla Online with Zelda graphics. But they wher threatened to be sued so they changed the name to graal and changes the graphics style a bit. It's honestly link to the past graphics x2

Yeah, I was around during those days. Definitly keep that Classic RPG Style the SNES was famous for.

We're taking the game in quite a different direction that originally planned.  Some fun little things I'm working on at the moment and will post screenshots once they're complete.  We'll get some spoilers out at some point, but it's turning from a classic RPG to a more online adventure/hack and slash genre.

1\. When a player is 'typing' a chat message, a chat bubble with a flashing . .. … will appear to indicate this player is currently typing a message.
2\. Added a 'Pause' Menu, players can 'Pause' at any time, making themselves flagged out of combat and cannot be attacked, or traded with.
3\. I'm considering rewriting the User Vitals (HP/MP) and combat systems to use a 'Hearts' sort of gameplay where weapons would damage for as small as 1/4 damage to 1+ hearts, while still keeping a mana system.  Unsure if I'm going to do this or not.

@Rob:

> We're taking the game in quite a different direction that originally planned.  Some fun little things I'm working on at the moment and will post screenshots once they're complete.  We'll get some spoilers out at some point, but it's turning from a classic RPG to a more online adventure/hack and slash genre.
>
> 1\. When a player is 'typing' a chat message, a chat bubble with a flashing . .. … will appear to indicate this player is currently typing a message.
> 2\. Added a 'Pause' Menu, players can 'Pause' at any time, making themselves flagged out of combat and cannot be attacked, or traded with.
> 3\. I'm considering rewriting the User Vitals (HP/MP) and combat systems to use a 'Hearts' sort of gameplay where weapons would damage for as small as 1/4 damage to 1+ hearts, while still keeping a mana system.  Unsure if I'm going to do this or not.

Honestly in my opinion I do not like hearts. I like health bars better.

I'll post a screenshot soon but a feature I worked on today is a large yellow PNG layered exclaimation mark that appears above quest givers.  A yellow question mark for a completed quest and grey question mark for an incompleted quest.

Will post screenshots soon ;)