Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JRP Dragon Online (Starting with a blank MS network system)

Jacquelinett

JRP Dragon Online Document.
Everyone can be a hero
Hiring worker, will pay if we actually make any money.

Table of Content

>! 1\. Overview
2\. Storyline
a. The Main Storyline
b. The Story of Jack
3\. What do player do in this game?
4\. Features that I'm planning on
a. Pet system
b. Mercany NPC system
c. Village founding system
d. Village NPC system
e. Real-life-related sailing on a ship
f. Crew, Guild,…
g. Combo + Skill system
h. Crafting + other system that other MMO have
i. Other system
3\. Engine Related System
a. What language are we using?
b. What graphic library are we using?
c. Tell me more about the 2d almost like 3d system
4\. How far are we?
5\. Join us, please?

1\. Overview

>! JRP Dragon Online is a 2d sand box game created by Tiana. The story is based on Tiana's fantasy "The Legend Of The Dragon Island" chronicle. The main purpose
of the game is to keep the game, economic and politic alive.

2\. Storyline

>! a. The Main Storyline
It's had been awhile since we find something interesting. Ever since the story of Jack (see section 2b) ended, the world had been as peace ever since, and the
>! Goddess regained her faith in the human race. But now, once again, we found something interesting. There were earthquakes, lots of them, lately, and what is even
>! more interesting than that is, we found new islands everywhere in the ocean.
>! b. The Story of Jack
Once upon a time, there was a boy named Jack who lost his relative because of a tsunami. One day while looking for other survivor, he found a dragon and named
>! him Nhong. Jack didn't know that Nhong was a dragon, and ever since then, he had been hunted by other legendary character. Together, Jack and Nhong ran to the
>! JRP Alliance, where the human, elfs and dragons lived together on a small island in the southwest. Then he learned to fight and help destroy the evil
Before Jack found Nhong, there were lots of natural disaster. No one knew why, and all they did were blame it on the evil: Rehaz.
Jack, with his pirate-ish crew, sailed around the sea to revive 6 legendary items to fought Rehaz. Although he successed and killed Rehaz, natural disaster still happen,
>! and more and more innocent humans were killed each day. And then now, Jack finally realized the truth, an ugly truth - it wasn't the evil that was destroying the land.
>! It was the Goddess herself who wanted to destroy the world.
3\. What do playter do in this game?

>! The subtitle said it all "Everyone can be a hero". Your job is to train yourself, build a ship, hire people (or NPC), work, find money, go and conquer or colony and
>! island, build a village, turn it to a town, eventually a city and then a kingdom. Form a clan, crew, guild. Be a pirate, merchant, soldier, mercany, do whatever you
>! want. It is your story, and you are the hero.
4\. Features that I'm planning on

>! a. Pet system
Pet systems, do i need to explain this? You should know this. But the different is you can ride on your pet (some cant be ride on :P ).
b. Mercany NPC system
I think that since this is a Sandbox MMO, and this is a game where you have to build kingdom and fight off each other and such, having a team is important. I
>! decided that everyone can hire 3 NPC as mercany, and they can help the player in fighting, and they can train themself.
But what I also thinking about is you can play 4 charater as the same time, like, you and 3 other mercany, whenever u want to play which character, just switch to the
>! character and your current character will turn into an NPC.
c. Village founding system + Turn your village into a town, upgrade to a city,…
I think the tile system help alots in a Sandbox mmo. When player build something, i can just assign the tile that have the building on and it is okay. For this feature,
>! what i have in my mind is player have to build atleast 5 house and a mill, then they can pay their money and form a small village. What they benefit from the village is
>! they can have village NPC, which is similar to Mercany NPC and can let people join their village to make it stronger.
d. Village NPC System
Ah. This is similar to Mercany NPC system, except that the NPC can be used by any Village Manager. FOr a village, u can hire 5 NPC to work, whether u want
>! them to farm or cut log or simply to take them with u on the adventure so that they can help u fighting (think about war time, these NPC are your troop :P )
e. Real-life-related-sailing on a ship.
Since this game is like a pirate fantasy game, i want player to feel the real way of sailing. I played game like Voyage Century Online, sure they have a nice ship fighting
>! system, but I dont like it. What i have in my mind is I want ppl to take control of their ship. If they want the ship to sail, they have to go to their sail, raise it u, then go
>! over to the wheel and navigate it. And whenever the ship is damage or have water inside, they will have to work to fix the ship. And in the battle, there will be no
>! "Press and the ship fire the cannon" button, the player will have to go down to the deck and shoot the cannon or order the mercany to do it.
This thing require player to have teamwork.
f. Crew, Guild, Clan, Flag,...
Team work, people!
Crew are like guild in most game, but that player who are in a crew are usually for combat at sea
Guild are like class headquarter in the game. U will automatically join your class's guild when u create a character
Clan are people held group. Usually do most activities on land
Flag are kingdom group, people who are in the kingdom, or village, or town or city are under one flag. A crew and a clan might be recognize as part of the flag.
g. Combo + Skill system
I hate it when the game is based on level - the higher level you are, the more chance u can kill someone. I want a game that isnt just base on level. I want a game that
>! have skill! What I think in my head is there are a combo system. The higher combo u make the faster u kill someone. To form a combo a player must do many attack
>! fast without geting hit, and there are many different button to press that can form different combo. What I have in my head are:
1\. C for attack, X for jumping, Z for running, A for turn to the left (direction), D for turning to the right (direction) and S is to hit below.
So, base on the things i just said (plus the arrow key), u can press C + X for a basic jump attack, Z + C for a dash attack, Z + X + C quick attack, C+ A, attack
>! diagonal to the left, X + C + S = slash the enemy from the top,...
depend on the situation u migh use different combo.
Skill system, unlike most other MMO, require u to do something if u want to cast a spell. Say you want to use the heal button, and the shortcut for it is F1, after you
>! press F1 then a box gonna appear and say: press the following button to cast the spell: Left + Left+ Right+ Up. And in order the for the spell to be cast, u have to
>! press all of those button in order in order to cast it. And now we have a competion! Mage level 80 vs Mage lvl 80 of the same element with the same equipment cant
>! be tie since it base on skill and not stat point. It whether u practice so that u can perform great combo or u fall behind the line.
h. Crafting system and other system that other game have like friend system, chat,...
You know it already, i dont want to type it
i. Many other systems
Im too lazy to list them.

3\. Engine Related System

>! a. What language are we using.
English, of course lol. Jk we are using Vb6
b. What graphic library are we using
DirectX8
c. What is the 2d almost 3d system?
Hmmm… I want to make a 2d game, not 3d game, but i want the player to be able to see every thing in every single direction. So, what i have in my mind is 8
>! different version of a map that will represent 8 different view of the building. How do we do that? We create a tileset that have 8 views for a tile, then whenever we
>! switch a map, it gonna render to it right spot and right look. Im not good with english so im pretty sure u have no idea what im talking about. Umh, so think of it this
>! way.
This is a map.
X represent the tile
O represent the tile that im talking about
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
x x x x x x x x 1
x x x x x x x x 2
x x x x x o x x 3
x x x x x x x x 4
x x x x x x x x 5
>! Okay so the current O is at x6 and y3
Let call this map View1\. So right now u r looking at this in the first view. The second view is Isometric, so i dont know how to show them here :P But let move on to
>! the 3rd view. This is the same map, except the view is different
>! 1 2 3 4 5
x x x x x 1
x x x x x 2
x x o x x 3
x x x x x 4
x x x x x 5
x x x x x 6
x x x x x 7
This is map View3\. It basically the same map, except it is view 3\. WAIT! IT DOESNT LOOK THE SAME!!! There are 5 x and 7 y! The old map have 7x and 5y.
>! It is different!
Wrong. This is the old map except that it had been turned sideway! Ah! So now the o is in the different spot. But in fact it still in the same spot. You kind of
>! understand what i mean?
>! So, i mean like, u can see a character in the same spot through a 8 different view. That what im trying to make. I found out the formula:
The views (X and Y are variable of the coordinate)
View 1: X = X, Y = Y
View 2: Same
View 3: X = Y, Y = Y
4: Same
5: X = Y, Y = X
6: same
7: X = X, Y = X
8: Same
>! u get this? If u dont post below and i will explain it more clearly

4\. How far are we?

>! I dunno! Im just putting down the idea. I dont want to work on this alone, cuz this is lots of work. But we will not use EO or CS:DE for this one. We start with a
>! fresh MS chat source (the one that doesnt have anything added except a functioning network)

5\. Join us, please?

>! If this game success, Im sure that we can make lots of moneys by just advertising ad on our website. Right now we need several programmer. And we will need pixel
>! artist + composer, too.

Please leave a comment if u r interested in this

I'm sorta interested in this as I have sorta dropped my game for now so I have quite a bit of spare time for programming but as you know I don't particularly like dx8 but either way I'm willing to help out :D

Zesh, keep in mind, im taking this thing serious. Im aiming high for this, and my goal in life is to finish this game.

We need a team, a big team. I know u dont like dx8, I dont like it too, but i think it worth it.

Talk to me through pm if u want. I have a whole notebook devoted to the idea of this game

@DrNova:

> Out of curiosity. Do you know how to code?
>
> And do you have, are you going to get custom gfx? (neccesary basically if you hope to make money off of you rproject)

Yes i know how to code. I have been coding with vb6 for atleast 6 months now.

And yes, Im going to get custom gfx + custom music + custom in everything.

Currently im the programmer, musician and pixel artist of the game

@Captain:

> Seriously though, needs a bit of work my friend. If you're trying to aim high, I suggest trying to improve your grammar.

With this I concur. people will think you're an immature kid if you can't spell right and use grammar decently, regardless to your native language.

@Captain:

> A WHOLE NOTEBOOK? WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
>
> Seriously though, needs a bit of work my friend. If you're trying to aim high, I suggest trying to improve your grammar.

@Frostyy:

> With this I concur. people will think you're an immature kid if you can't spell right and use grammar decently, regardless to your native language.

Troll.

I would rather go and learn Indian (did i say it right?) so that I can hire ppl from India to work cuz worker is cheap over there.

No. Ppl join if they are interested. Grammar might be important, but they are not the main factor

@Yumi:

> Yes i know how to code. I have been coding with vb6 for atleast **6 months** now.

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/facepalm.jpg)

It seems apparent that most people on Eclipse have dedicated themselves to a "dream project."

If you don't mind, could you clean up the section you quickly wrote down about your ideas for the engine. They're very confusing a unclear.

@Winfield:

> ![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/facepalm.jpg)
>
> It seems apparent that most people on Eclipse have dedicated themselves to a "dream project."
>
> If you don't mind, could you clean up the section you quickly wrote down about your ideas for the engine. They're very confusing a unclear.

Alright i will do that later

One of the idea are:

3d + 2d system. Well i already explain it, right? So i will tell u another idea that i have in mind that can help turning this game into a sandbox mmo.

I had been thinking in my mind about an editor called Model Editor.
A model editor is like a map editor, except it edit a model that ISNT exist unless the player created it.
For example, u editing model one: U set the name to Small House, and u assign the max coordinate (x and y) to something, for example 4 x and 4y, which mean now u have 4 empty tile to fill in (4 empty tile is like a 4x4 map).
Now look at the tileset, u can assign the tile to the 4 empty space (just like the map editor) and u can just make it look like a house. Save it.

Now when the player play, if he have the required rescourse, he can choose build button, and build the small house on an open land, and the small house gonna appear like the model we just make.

But what i also think about is make the house "live-able", which mean we will also have the ability to create a room. Like inside the model editor, below we can add a "how many room" if we set it to 1, then there will be one small room inside the house. And we can edit the small room so that we can enter the house and be inside the room.

Sorry for my bad english, i really cant explain what i think lol.

So yeah, if u combine the Model Editor with the 2d-3d map, u can create a 8 view model editor, which mean if u look at the model from view 1, u will see it differently, view 2 view differently. And to make the house "make-more-sense", which mean to make the sure that which part is movable and which is not, we can use the fringe, mask 1, mask 2 like Eclipse + the block attribute from eclipse. Kind of understand what i mean?

Making a huge project with a huge team is a huge mistake. Go off and work on small projects to get some experience under your belt. You will look back in a few months and wonder what the hell you were smoking when you wrote the code.

Until you're a proficient programmer (note: being able to debug, understanding of all libraries, ability to plan OO systems) then you'll simply be in a cycle of working, giving up and re-starting.

It's that point when you go out and make a big game. I messed around with small projects for about 5 years before I released anything to the public.

@Robin:

> Making a huge project with a huge team is a huge mistake. Go off and work on small projects to get some experience under your belt. You will look back in a few months and wonder what the hell you were smoking when you wrote the code.
>
> Until you're a proficient programmer (note: being able to debug, understanding of all libraries, ability to plan OO systems) then you'll simply be in a cycle of working, giving up and re-starting.
>
> It's that point when you go out and make a big game. I messed around with small projects for about 5 years before I released anything to the public.

Wee finally Robin said something.

Well, i think im able to debug now ( i guess?) but im not sure about understanding all library. I dont know what an OO systems is, so please explain?