Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My First GUI :D

DopeyBiach

I've remade conversations, quests, maps, buttons, shops, etc the lot in the same style. :D

Wha you think?

How could I improve it?

Would you use it?

Preview:
(Has been sized down to avoid it getting robbed)

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/fecd199f56030dd7abf30021e64ab256.png)

EDIT: This is old, view my new one here :D…
```
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,78103.0.html
```

For the chatbox, either don't use shading or make it a smooth gradient, not an abrupt transition between two shades.
I also strongly dislike the bar at the top with your game's name, unless that's not part of the GUI itself :p
The buttons could be shifted down a bit so there's even space between the Ping bar and the Inventory window.
Overall, though, for your first GUI, that's actually pretty decent :)

@Draconix:

> For the chatbox, either don't use shading or make it a smooth gradient, not an abrupt transition between two shades.
> I also strongly dislike the bar at the top with your game's name, unless that's not part of the GUI itself :p
> The buttons could be shifted down a bit so there's even space between the Ping bar and the Inventory window.
> Overall, though, for your first GUI, that's actually pretty decent :)

Thanks :D.. Didnt notice the buttons were so high cheers ^__^.

And the bar at the top is my xp theme lool :D

@ZoSo:

> Looks kinda oldschool, like in the stuff people did back in 2005 for mirage based games. I like it a bit..

Kinda oldschool but also revamped imo.

Change the whole layout of the GUI. the GUI takes up too much of the screen for my liking, so try and come up with a unique way to do it.

I agree with everyone else. To me, it looks like a skin people would give to a PW community for free use just because it doesn't look tailored to a specific project.

A game with swords and magic wouldn't really have a GUI made out of glossy carbon fiber if you get what I'm saying.

Again, I do like it, but for reasons not related to an actual game project. If you were using this for a game you would really have to convince me as to how the styles go together.

Cheers for all the ideas/criticisms and such, will take it all into consideration, remember this is my first, meaning there will be a second. Which will have all your improvement ideas and such implemented into it..

Once again thanks, main point atm I think would be to add a sort of theme to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...