Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site Report

ReubenNick

Hello eclipse community, 

This topic is strictly for reporting issues you encounter and find around the site. Feel free to include your opinion about the site as well in the report but know our primary focus is what you are reporting and trying to resolve it as fast as possible. We can't spot everything ourselves so we'll need your eyes as well. Anything ranging from not being able to post somewhere to account issues. 

**What We Already Know**

We are aware the chatbox needs a bit more work and that will be done in time, and by that I mean soon. Feel free to leave your suggestions in this thread as well regarding what you'd like to see on the chatbox but try to focus on making site reports only. 

Some users can't log into the forums, we are deeply sorry but we can't fix this issue. You will need to go through the password reset method in order to sort out the issue. This is for users who used their social networks to login as well as any others whose account decide to not go through the conversion process for what ever reason. If your account is very old and you do not recall the email you used to register, shame on you. You should always update your account with recent information, but you can make a new account and get in touch with us to solve your password issue should you not remember your email. 

Well folks, stay tuned for more announcements and try to be understanding. Enjoy 

**- Eclipse Staff**

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least, disable the use of HTML codes in the shoutbox. Something like BB codes should have been used instead. It was all cool and fun at the beginning, but being able to post Eclipse inside Eclipse is too far. Not to mention, anyone could post some malicious java-script code into the shoutbox which would affect every visiting user.

@'matt':

> At the very least, disable the use of HTML codes in the shoutbox. Something like BB codes should have been used instead. It was all cool and fun at the beginning, but being able to post Eclipse inside Eclipse is too far. Not to mention, anyone could post some malicious java-script code into the shoutbox which would affect every visiting user.

Yeah that'll definitely be fixed. What is your dislike towards the forum currently that's a cause to revert back to the slow loading?

It's just something new to get used to. I prefer the functionality over the layout. I know that things will get fixed eventually, I just think that you guys should have fooled around a bit more before making the site go live. You've already heard my rant about it, so I'll leave it at that. My primary issue is account accessibility, and not losing past exchanges with other users in the form of threads, posts, or messages. Agoraphobic has complained that only a select amount of his pms have been transferred over. I'm worried that if/when I get my account back, they won't be there as well. I truly hope they aren't lost.

@'matt':

> It's just something new to get used to. I prefer the functionality over the layout. I know that things will get fixed eventually, I just think that you guys should have fooled around a bit more before making the site go live. You've already heard my rant about it, so I'll leave it at that. My primary issue is account accessibility, and not losing past exchanges with other users in the form of threads, posts, or messages. Agoraphobic has complained that only a select amount of his pms have been transferred over. I'm worried that if/when I get my account back, they won't be there as well. I truly hope they aren't lost.

I am partially certain they are not lost as the conversion converted over 160k private messages so they are stored in the database. The accoun accessibility we hope can be fixed with a password reset. We'll do all we can to sort the issues out and apologies once again for the poor launch.

@'Jaxx':

> Let's just revert, please.
>
> I've spoken with other members of the community and it's unanimous amongst them.
>
> Revert plox.

Please do not revert. IP.B is a joke. I am glad you guys finally moved to something open source and great. Also, change favicon please, right now it looks very similar to Google Chrome loading spinner.

Hi not sure if this is the right place, but just want to say I cant log into the site at all with my old account: Thor7

Tried a password reset like suggested (done twice) but I still cant log in. I've had to create this account just to let you guys know, and ask what is the next best step? It cool to get my old account back / with stats or should I just crack on with this one? (would be cool if you guys could transfer my stats from Thor7 to this one as this is more up to date with my details).

Either way thanks :)

The old forum was slow as hell, the change is good. There is always kinks to be worked out. You were just used to the kinks of the old site.

With that being said, do not write your own shoutbox. Get a existing one.

[Stuff to Report]
My name is no longer starts with a capital and I cant change it :(
No way to save the avatars?

I could bitch and moan like others have probably done already but I won't cause I do like the look of the new site and it is much faster than the slow hell that was the previous site. Now some problems and things I've noticed with the site:

I can't see a shoutbox. Maybe you don't have one installed but if it is, I can't see it.
Is it not possible to change your display name? I'd like to switch back to Zesh if possible.
I can't see all of my PMs. If you head over to the Home page, under 'Private Messages' it says I have 69 but I can only see 8.
Why can't I upload an avatar from my computer?
In User CP, if you head over to 'Group Memberships', you can freely join 7 groups. So now I'm a Veteran, Advanced Member, Contest Winner, Donator, Junior Member, Member of The Month, Newb and a Senior Member.
Also, I dislike the alignment of the Number of Topics and the Newest Post on the main forum page and how with some boards that creates this zig-zag pattern. 'Different languages' being the main example.
Also, why does it take 2 refresh-es to get the site to refresh?

@'marsh':

> I now get emails whenever someone responds to this thread? Just for replying. Oh man. Please fix that.

Marshy check your subscriptions in the User CP. Also under 'Edit Options' you can change your default subscription mode.

Ermalerd no more Joyce for me, so back to this good ol' name! (I can't recall which mail address I even had it on, eep! But no big deal, this works as well. I did notice that despite getting a new password I was unable to log into the accounts I requested passwords for.. We've got so many generic passwords for forums here I sometimes get lost whether it's mine, my brother's or my nephew's!)

On the bright side, this looks fairly snazzy. Some of the elements that look like they should be responsive collapse on eachother when the resolution gets a little smaller though. Looks a tad awkward. (Mostly the top menu!)

On the boo side, your lack of shoutbox disturbs me. How am I supposed to entertain myself now?! Making me read a book, ugh!

@'Bubblegum':

> Ermalerd no more Joyce for me, so back to this good ol' name! (I can't recall which mail address I even had it on, eep! But no big deal, this works as well. I did notice that despite getting a new password I was unable to log into the accounts I requested passwords for.. We've got so many generic passwords for forums here I sometimes get lost whether it's mine, my brother's or my nephew's!)
>
> On the bright side, this looks fairly snazzy. Some of the elements that look like they should be responsive collapse on eachother when the resolution gets a little smaller though. Looks a tad awkward. (Mostly the top menu!)
>
> On the boo side, your lack of shoutbox disturbs me. How am I supposed to entertain myself now?! Making me read a book, ugh!

The shoutbox was disabled because you could use HTML and Javascript tags in it.
![](http://i.imgur.com/TTcR7ju.png)

EDIT: You can also do it in posts. I'd strongly recommend against allowing to post @Nick.

HTML has been disabled. I had it activated for the announcement boards so we could do more with the posts but I guess until we can restrict it I will leave it off. Everyone, please give the password reset another go! We have fixed the situation and you should be able to access your old accounts if you can access the email you used with it. We will be sending out a mass email asking for every user to change their password on this forum so we can get past this phase. Next on our list is the custom display names. Sorry again for all the inconveniences.

Eh, stuff breaking is to be expected when you transition between forums. Last time we went from SMF to IPB things went really awry several times. :P Honestly, so far it doesn't seem too bad.. Last time a lot of stuff had to be repaired or even imported by hand.

And I guess that makes sense, wanting more room for announcement posts.

@'Marsh':

> The old forum was slow as hell, the change is good. There is always kinks to be worked out. You were just used to the kinks of the old site.
>
> With that being said, do not write your own shoutbox. Get a existing one.
>
> [Stuff to Report]
> My name is no longer starts with a capital and I cant change it :(
> No way to save the avatars?

Fixed. Sorry about that. 

@'JSventoraGD':

> I lost access to my account which I'm slightly upset about, but one issue that stands out to me is all of the @ tags displaying incorrectly.

You can reset your password now, apologies. 

@'Marsh':

> The old forum was slow as hell, the change is good. There is always kinks to be worked out. You were just used to the kinks of the old site.
>
> With that being said, do not write your own shoutbox. Get a existing one.
>
> [Stuff to Report]
> My name is no longer starts with a capital and I cant change it :(
> No way to save the avatars?

Avatars save, there's just a glitch with it and caching. If you refresh your cache it should appear. We'll look into that soon. 

@'CoreyM1995':

> This is CMFiend420, cant login to my account :S Ill Pm you

I responded. You can now reset your password. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

@'Tick':

> Well, I don't see a shotbox at this point, it will probably be replaced, I hope. Also, I can't access my signature, can't change my name, and I can PM myself.

Display name changes is on our priority list. Being able to PM yourself.. lol, I will look into that as well as the signature shortly. The chatbox is back and will be updated weekly. 

@'RecoStar':

> Hi not sure if this is the right place, but just want to say I cant log into the site at all with my old account: Thor7
>
> Tried a password reset like suggested (done twice) but I still cant log in. I've had to create this account just to let you guys know, and ask what is the next best step? It cool to get my old account back / with stats or should I just crack on with this one? (would be cool if you guys could transfer my stats from Thor7 to this one as this is more up to date with my details).
>
> Either way thanks :)

We apologize. Give it a go once more in trying to reset your password. Request a new reset email, do not use the old email previously sent. You should be all set with your old account. 

@'Marsh':

> I now get emails whenever someone responds to this thread? Just for replying. Oh man. Please fix that.

Sorry about this. You can edit your account settings to not send you email notifications. 

@'Jaxx':

> Can I be put in a user group plox D:

We adjusted the color of the usergroup you're in. Right now usergroup colors is last on our list of priorities so they will all likely be properly changed down the road.