Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merrimint - Hiring Programmer

Toranos

![](http://merrimint.net/img/logo2.png)

http://www.merrimint.net

Hello, my name is Anthony, I'm the co-founder of Merrimint and current owner of the game. It's possible you may have heard of the game and know it's history of reboots. Mostly this is due to lack of time on my part (work, school, family, etc.) and I have finally decided to try and hand over my main job as programmer to somebody else.

This will be an unpaid job, unfortunately. However we are all here basically trying to satisfy our need to create something we want to play and have fun doing something we enjoy. It's a hobby for most of us :)

The current team working on Merrimint is a lot of fun and we're a pretty hard working group when we have the time. We have web designers, web programmers, pixel artists, concept artists and a lore master. If you're at all interested please send me an email at [email protected]. Or drop by the forums, sign up and say hello.

By all means, if you happen to be interested in joining as another position please let me know! We are always looking for talented people :)

![](http://merrimint.net/toranos/mm-preview-hartlely.png)

Glad to see the game still going :) i remember this from awhile back. The graphics look great.

Your site contains a small error on the front page. Not sure if your aware of it already.

```

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web077/b771/ipg.merrimintorg/mainsite/index.php:9)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web077/b771/ipg.merrimintorg/mainsite/index.php:9)

```

I believe the chat bubble is used in the mock-up just because… It's how Toranos did it.

The engine is a "custom" engine. Mostly just pieces ripped from various sources, mostly Mirage-Realms and Mirage Creation (which may have ripped DX8 from Robin?) and is VB6.

@flamespeedy:

> can we have a download link to test it , i just really want to test and report any bugs i find , i don't want to play!

Your probably going to have to wait like the rest. Your best bet is to register on the forums, become active and take part in adoring updates and you may find yourself in an alpha spot, that's what I'm hoping for, for multiple game's.

@AnthonyF:

> I believe the chat bubble is used in the mock-up just because… It's how Toranos did it.
>
> The engine is a "custom" engine. Mostly just pieces ripped from various sources, mostly Mirage-Realms and Mirage Creation (which may have ripped DX8 from Robin?) and is VB6.

No, that guy stole my entire engine, my entire GUI and all my graphics.

I'll point out that anything built using his work is breaking the license agreement on both Origins and Crystalshire and also infringes on several copyrights.

I highly suggest you remove everything you've taken from that thief. Why in God's name would you use such an obviously stolen product in the first place? :\

@Robin:

> No, that guy stole my entire engine, my entire GUI and all my graphics.
>
> I'll point out that anything built using his work is breaking the license agreement on both Origins and Crystalshire and also infringes on several copyrights.
>
> I highly suggest you remove everything you've taken from that thief. Why in God's name would you use such an obviously stolen product in the first place? :\

Toranos is a pixel artist.. Bro.

@AnthonyF:

> Hm, interesting.. I believe it was Matt that pointed the engine out to me in the first place, or DFA perhaps.. I was unaware of that, Robin.

Yeah, I suggest you don't listen to him regarding the current communities. Dmitry has a nasty habit of mixing with thieves and plagiarists.

I highly doubt it's Matt. He doesn't do anything with Mirage any more.

@flamespeedy:

> i doubt robin would lie , as Crytalshire is the best game on here at the moment.. but i listen to both sides of the story , just please guys work together or at least try and come to some sort of agreement

Please don't tell me you're basing your entire opinion of Robin on how well he makes games.

@flamespeedy:

> i doubt robin would lie , as Crytalshire is the best game on here at the moment.. but i listen to both sides of the story , just please guys work together or at least try and come to some sort of agreement

Yeah, listening to the story told by a website which is literally copied and pasting my shit and re-releasing it under another name is pretty damn stupid.

Don't take anything I say at face value, either. I'm just a normal guy.

Base your opinion on the facts of the situation, not the authority of the people involved.

Of course I'd love it if people shut the hell up and just believed everything I said, but that'd just leave us with a population which is far too trusting and far too gullible.

If someone releases a product which looks exactly like mine but 3 or 4 years after mine was released then it's probably safe to say it's stolen.

^ True story.

They ripped my shit too, initially taking my entire website I did for Eclipse for their community.
They also claimed that Robin stole their engine.
For the love of God, I worked with Robin day by day on that engine.
I would know.

Mirage Creations is a bunch of kids with too much time on their hands, and too little talent.