Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kony 2012

Someone McMe

Go fight for smaller crime rates in your city, give money to poor and uneducated in your region, support something that actually matters and improves the world around you.

Don't sink your money in a conscience silencer in ducking Africa, in a matter you don't really know anything about.

Exactly how will dumping your money into this case help bring this negro to justice? Will your money make someone go after him with a small army, arrest him and take him to court? Because that's what would have to be done. So sorry, unless this hipster and his Kony thing is collecting money for an army of mercenaries trained in combat, and ready to dive into ducking Congo heads first, it has nothing to do with bringing justice to anything and anyone at all. They will not convince any government into doing it, they will not do it themselves… and all you need to realize this is ten seconds of **_independent thought_**. Ten more seconds of the same process and you should be asking yourself why should you support a motion that is based on an obvious lie.

…oh and I forgot, brainwashed guerillas who know of nothing but war just stop doing what they do when their leader is arrested. That's how they work. Totally. They don't rise another leader and do the same thing. Never.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay let's viral something that is not new and isn't an active current threat. But it makes everyone else feel like they've done some good in the world, and allows them to continually ignore all the social, political, and cultural schema at home and abroad that contiunally enables and perpetuates oppression of human individuals across the globe.

But don't worry, we're gonna get one random bad figurehead at the moment, keep feeling good about yourselves, and don't look behind the curtain! Focus on the random warlord #9001 that hasn't been in actual power for half a decade!

As Kusy basically said…. Even if someone goes out to kill Kony, his next in command will take over, and who knows... he will proably be even worse. Im so glad that Osama got killed. There is finally peace in the middle east!

If more people would focus on the issues in thier own countries that would be a better start.

Im tired of helping africa. All those for just a penny a day you can feed this child commercial. Well you know what... there are thousands of kids in my country that are just as hungry and need help. Take care of them first! Where's the viral video for them?!

@Lilith:

> As Kusy basically said…. Even if someone goes out to kill Kony, his next in command will take over, and who knows... he will proably be even worse. Im so glad that Osama got killed. There is finally peace in the middle east!
>
> If more people would focus on the issues in thier own countries that would be a better start.
>
> Im tired of helping africa. All those for just a penny a day you can feed this child commercial. Well you know what... there are thousands of kids in my country that are just as hungry and need help. Take care of them first! Where's the viral video for them?!

+1

Yeah, but if I decided to post anything else.. I'd get flamed out of here for being Independent. Africa needs to fix its own problems, else it'll always be third world.

Don't get me wrong. Help with resources they can't obtain until they figure out a better way.. but if they are going to kill themselves instead of making things better. Let them.

Already posted the same over on Crystalshire so I'll simply quote it here.

@Robin:

> This isn't meaningful at all. The idea that a bunch of kids posting about him on Facebook is going to do anything is laughable.
>
> This video was filmed in 2003 and Northern Uganda have been free from LRA violence and war for over 5 years. Hell, they even signed a peace accord.
>
> Yes, the leader is out there but the recruitment of children has dropped by 80%. This isn't because of some stupid internet viral video, it's because of the Ugandan military and the ICC.
>
> The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill which allows the USA to militarize the region. They're providing misinformation to get the support of the gullible American teenagers who post this shit all over the internet.
>
> The West, especially the US, so often intervenes with good intentions and just bollocks up the entire thing. There will _always_ be another 'Kony'. The only way the West can help with a long term solution to Africa's problems is to support Africans as equals in their attempt to achieve economic and social liberation and stability.
>
> Stop kidding yourself that America is some sort of super-power which can solve everyone's problems by killing one side or the other. The world isn't separated in such a black and white way, just as people aren't.
>
> You need to think more long term. Why did a group like the LRA form and gain traction? Even if Kony and other LRA leaders are caught or killed central Africa will remain a place where militia groups feel comfortable using children as soldiers and the violence will continue.
>
> A real solution to the problem of the LRA does not focus on the LRA. Grow up and stop looking at global politics with such a sheltered stance.

@Crest:

> you guys realize kony has been gone for a while, they think he's dead (they were't 100% sure) but he's been gone for a few years, the charity for this only JUST brought it up for money and attention -_-

Oh really? I totally wouldn't have known that from the previous posts above you.

The posts above me -_-:
@Kusy:

> Yeah, I seen a few Predator trolls already.
>
> @Robin, economically equal? As if "not washing condoms in the river to use them again" equal?

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=78609.msg844210#msg844210 date=1331593404]
> You don't reuse condoms? they are pricey as duck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...