Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Who Missed Me?

Adulese Games

So … it seems I am still a thing and alive, who would have thought that? XD

About a year or so back, I kind of stepped away from most of my Eclipse-related life due to some time-management issues with balancing my third year in University. It was kind of a weird series of events that eventually lead to hardly talking with a lot of my old friends that stemmed from here, which I do regret for the most part. Anyway, after the recent pinging coming from Mr. ICT/Evan, I remembered that Eclipse was still around and alive. So, I decided to pop in and see how you all are doing. Its good to see a lot of new faces as well as a much larger number of old faces than I expected.

So what have I been up to the past years that I have become less and less prominent within the community? Well, I started up University at Cleveland State with a double major in Physics and Mathematics with a minor in English cause why the fuck not, I like to read and talk out of my ass on occasion. During my studies, I've had a huge course load which lead to less and less time to spend around talking with people here. But it also allowed me to get to the point I am now with my research. I will be authoring a paper with my advisor, Dr. Resnick, as co-author on laser tweezers and tracking algorithms. We're looking to get it published in the fall. So yeah, I got tractor beams. Bitches love tractor beams. I have also been teaching laboratory courses in the Physics Department at CSU, much to the dismay of my students when they learn their head TA is 17-18.

Eclipse as a whole really shaped my life and I valued the times I've had here very highly. And now, 11 days after my 5th year anniversary of officially joining Eclipse, I'm back for a good long while. Well, at least for the summer. We'll see how the Fall goes. So ... yeah. Sup guys?

- Joe

PS: Who's up for a podcast? *raises hand*

EDIT: I see that word filter is still around. XD

Welcome back man! Its been to long :)

Glad to hear everything is working out for you. Time to come back and show these new guys what Eclipse is all about. Also you and SpikeALikeADooDah need to do a podcast right moew.

Well, really I should fully be back after tomorrow. Someone thought it would be an amazing idea to put the Abstract Algebra final and the E&M (vector calculus one) final on the same day with like an hour break between them. Tomorrow is gunna be hell on Earth. XD

- Joe