Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found a bug in the room demo, I logged out & logged back in - It started me automatically in the room demo but when I wanted to leave (sleep), it RTE9'd me.

It's a server side error;
EventLogic - ProcessEventCommands
Error line -```
If .CurList > Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(.eventID).Pages(.pageID).CommandListCount Then
```

@Richy:

> -snip-

Weird, that line is basically designed to stop RTE9s. Thanks for the report I am going to attempt to re-create and fix it before I release the (much more stable) 1.1.

EDIT:

Fixed that stuff above!

And here is Beta version 1.1 :)

Works better editor-wise, fixed up several bugs, and should overall be significantly more stable. Keep me posted on any bugs you find. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?0a5wk8w5z7n81h6

RTE9 appears to happen when you use "add" on an existing event.

Lemme go in the source, see what highlights…

EDIT:

In modGameEditors > AddComand, at Line 2059.
```
ReDim Preserve tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(p)
```

@Lenn:

> RTE9 appears to happen when you use "add" on an existing event.
>
> Lemme go in the source, see what highlights…
>
> EDIT:
>
> In modGameEditors > AddComand, at Line 2059.
> ```
> ReDim Preserve tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(p)
> ```

Can you please be more specific?

What event were you editing, what did you add and possibly a screenshot of your event commands and where you tried to add it? All of this makes it so I can actually re-create the error in order to fix it.

Well, it was a bit random. It seems to happen on any event, and, I accidentally clicked add instead of edit, and it just happened. However, the strange thing is that it doesn't always happen, and it seems to only apply to the first and last event in a page.

You sent bug reports XD and either way, the setting play to level 100 worked fine along with setting music effects :/ no issues that I can find on my side, get on MSN, the bug has more to do with the steps you took to create it versus actually making it appear.

No, I just havent told them yet haha. Im sending you what I have now. But I It seems that when you set a graphic of an event and "Set the grpahic" of the even  in the move route commands, it will bug out. Another is when, lets say your a male, if you click change sprite to male it will give you rutime error 9.

Just got a PM back from daxterxx here and he was unable to bug the new client like he had been (w00t). I would expect a 1.2 update tonight with that monster of a bug fixed. There are a few more RTEs lurking around but they appear to be with the move route and special events here and there.

Also with version 1.2, I have made event editing easier by making it so that you can doubleclick on the list of commands to add a new one and you can use the delete key to delete them only making it so you have to drag your mouse down to the bottom if you want to edit them (I will find a way to hotkey that here soon).

Furthermore I have fixed the list so you can no longer try (and fail) to add commands on an "Else" or "End Branch" item on the list. It simply will not work :D. Stay turned for this update and more to come soon!

Here is version 1.2\. This version should simply be a lot more stable. It also includes easier event creation with the ability to add commands by double clicking on the command list and deleting them with the delete key on your keyboard. Finally, this version is available in a .zip so more people should be able to download it without problem ^^.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nbbuwg429lm4jnt

Well you don't need to stick it in my face. SOME PEOPLE Just don't understand what stays and what doesn't. If you have a problem with that you need to learn some people aren't as smart as you.