Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Messin around (New Trippy Color Tileset)

Grizzy

@Grizzy:

> Does that style not work? I went for a zeldaish sort of style. Esp sense I'm awful at grass making. But I will work on it. Constructive crit always welcome. :)

Maybe round the dirt path edges as well…

Other then that i like it, very unique.

@John:

> Maybe round the dirt path edges as well…
>
> Other then that i like it, very unique.

Ignore the dirt I was just showing the dirt I had. I know how to do the dirt and make it look smooth. Shoulda mentioned that I suppose. :P

Not very trippy, why do you have so many mushrooms, I don't like your trees that don't have leaves, your tree stumps are weird, rocks are lame.

Sure, you used a few bright colors. THat doesn't make it trippy. Blend the colors, bend the colors. Make the grass and rocks interesting.

pretty cool.. but the perspective of the bush thingies (top down) is different than the rest.. the bushy trees are too jagged at the top.. and the rocks have no depth.. the grass is fine, unless zelda type grass is suddenly out of style

@Eckhart:

> Not very trippy, why do you have so many mushrooms, I don't like your trees that don't have leaves, your tree stumps are weird, rocks are lame.
>
> Sure, you used a few bright colors. THat doesn't make it trippy. Blend the colors, bend the colors. Make the grass and rocks interesting.

Here is a dick… 8===D. If you're not going to give me better constructive crit and kinda be an ass about it, then I really don't give two shits neither here nor there what you think. Thank you.

And thank you Murdoc. I have need to work on making bushes and things. I really seems to struggle with that way way more than anything else. It aggravates me really bad. I've looked up some tuts but had no luck. At this point I've already scratched them all and I'm trying to start fresh. So any advice on bush making would be awesomely appreciated.

Not sure about what advice to give on the bushes but for the mushroom they are to neat. When you see them in RL they look more random and grow in clumps like this one:
http://wallpapers.pixxp.com/42_~_Wild_mushrooms.htm

@Eckhart:

> How is the criticism unconstructive? I was telling you what you should work on and where you have room for improvement.

The way you said weird and lame were slightly insulting more so than constructive. To is their own. It's no biggy. The past is the past.

@Grizzy:

> ![](http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg204/scaled.php?server=204&filename=screenone.png&res=landing)
>
> How does this look?

You know, I've been looking at this for about five minutes now. It isn't terrible. There is a lot that I like.

The grass and its different grass tiles are great.

The rocks are also fine as they match well with the grass.

The big triangle trees would look better to me with a root on each side removed to thin it down some.

The odd four shade green circle tree's leaves just aren't doing much for me. Maybe if you made the separation a little more random than just four sections horizontally across. The trunk is really great though.

The smaller circle trees, I think I'd leave them be for now even though they are at an odd angle.

The weeds and mushrooms need the most work though. I'd try to just make a whole different weed. As for the mushrooms, try to make their stalk a little smaller and not side by side.

Also, add some shading circles under everything. Not BLACK but maybe the dark green grass.

Another thing, that dirt is far too textured to work with the simple flat grass in my book. But keep working at it, I could be wrong.