Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this wrong?

JohnPony

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was beaten as a child… And i do think i messed up with this topic, i guess i took you guys as more sick and sadistic people.

Edit: This seems like a more stable board. Now lets talk about what we would like to do to this guy ;)

Personally i would like to have a lizard eat his nuts, but that's just me.

i want to take a strap and whack it across his face yelling "did you learn your lesson yet!?!" and then kick him over a cliff and light him on fire :D .. not really i dont care THAT much but this video did piss me off for real

@Kusy:

> Discussing this is just as pointless as discussing stoning as a form of punishment for infidelity or concentration camps - anyone with a quarter of a brain knows it's wrong, and anyone who think it's not is not worth talking to.

Just curious, what do you think of the electric chair or other death penalties? Personally, i'm all for them, but i was wondering what your opinion was.

@General-Pony:

> I am not saying that they are more sacred, but to me they are. I am sure if i was a woman i would find a man sacred, its just about the feeling of needing to protect the opposite gender.

I'm a man, and i feel no need to protect the opposite gender, i think they can handle that themselves :P Well, unless it's in a physical fight, then men usually have the upper hand. But if we're talking about "sacredness" and other words of value then no, i value both genders equally.

@Eckhart:

> I do not believe that there's a single person under the age of 50 who supports corporal punishment. You will find no one who supports this on this website.

Erm, actually, i disagree. I'm not completely set on this, but in my mind corporal punishment, within bounds, seems alright and pretty useful. Sure, what happens in this video is completely out of hand and the dirtbag judge should be fired for it. Still, i'm trying to think my way through the entire concept, and i see some benefits to it.

I couldn't care less about hitting a woman, they're human. I'm human, they piss me off so I shove them aside and in extreme cases fight them properly. What's so weird about not being a dick and forcing differences upon genders?

Anyhow, that video takes it a bit too far. But I would personally smack my kid over the head pretty damn hard if they grow up like most kids I see on the streets nowadays. You know WHY all those kids are acting out and screaming/being complete douchebags? Because they never get anything but "No you shouldn't do that". That doesn't teach you any damn boundaries. If I as a child fucked up, I would've been flung across the room and probably whacked on the head a few times. Sure it hurt a little every now and then, but it did teach me what I can and can not do unlike what a small "Oh you shouldn't do that silly" would.

@Zonova:

> Just curious, what do you think of the electric chair or other death penalties? Personally, i'm all for them, but i was wondering what your opinion was.

I believe that capital punishment is a valid thing not only as a punishment but also as a warning.

@Scypher:

> I couldn't care less about hitting a woman, they're human. I'm human, they piss me off so I shove them aside and in extreme cases fight them properly. What's so weird about not being a stick and forcing differences upon genders?

They piss you off so you hurt them? Sounds like a great way to deal with anything, especially a woman.

@Zonova:

> Just curious, what do you think of the electric chair or other death penalties? Personally, i'm all for them, but i was wondering what your opinion was.

100% against the death penalty. Luckily I like in Britain, so it hasn't been here for decades. I have no idea why the US clings to it.

@Zonova:

> I'm a man, and i feel no need to protect the opposite gender, i think they can handle that themselves :P Well, unless it's in a physical fight, then men usually have the upper hand. But if we're talking about "sacredness" and other words of value then no, i value both genders equally.

But women are also at more danger from rape or attack. If a woman is alone in an alleyway, she's in more danger from a group of muggers than most guys are.

@Aeri:

> They piss you off so you hurt them? Sounds like a great way to deal with anything, especially a woman.

You're missing the point, I just meant to say I'll treat everyone equal(With a rather rough example, perhaps). We have gender equality and they wanted that themselves as well. So anyone that bitches over that needs to get real and stop pretending. :P

I don't really think that eye for an eye is a good way of putting it - if someone brutally rapes and kills a member of your family, killing him is not exactly a fair trade is it? And by any means I don't mean he should be brutally raped before being killed - nothing will ever get even close to repaying you that kind of debt.

Death sentence should be a punishment, not attempt at setting things right, vengeance or anything else. It might be flashy, like the electric chair or public decapitation was, but that doesn't serve the purpose of punishment - that's the "warning" part.

@Scypher:

> I couldn't care less about hitting a woman, they're human. I'm human, they piss me off so I shove them aside and in extreme cases fight them properly. What's so weird about not being a stick and forcing differences upon genders?
>
> Anyhow, that video takes it a bit too far. But I would personally smack my kid over the head pretty damn hard if they grow up like most kids I see on the streets nowadays. You know WHY all those kids are acting out and screaming/being complete douchebags? Because they never get anything but "No you shouldn't do that". That doesn't teach you any damn boundaries. If I as a child ducked up, I would've been flung across the room and probably whacked on the head a few times. Sure it hurt a little every now and then, but it did teach me what I can and can not do unlike what a small "Oh you shouldn't do that silly" would.

all hitting a kid does is reinforce the idea that hitting others is ok.. then they end up beating their children too or taking out their anger on peers… taking away certain priviliges and discussing with children WHY what theyre doing is wrong or harmful to them or others is the only way to deal with children being disobedient to rules... and sometimes the rules are stupid.. i mean this guy whipped that girl over downloading shared music on the internet so we know his rules are fucked up.. no wonder she rebeled... anyway, i was given the belt as a kid too.. but i have children now and i dont even think about hitting them... some of us are becoming more civilized than our grandparents/parents despite what some elders say about "today's generation".. i think people get worried that their kids will become extremely chaotic and criminal if they DONT beat them.. but i dont see how it changes anything.. everyone makes their own choices including kids/teenagers and all beatings do is force them to behave while their under your roof (because they get scared shitless of another beating) but when theyre not under your roof theyre gonna do whatever they want anyway, and when they grow up theyll continue to rebel against authority... some of the most violent people i know were beat hard by their parents, even punched in the face... it obviously does no good other than make people more angry at the world and afraid of their own parents who do the same stupid shit that kids do anyway... if this kind of punishment was good for people then police wouldnt take people to jail theyd beat them instead, oh wait they do.. i wonder how they got the notion it was alright to beat people... just take a guess.. plus its complete hypocrisy.. parents are allowed to beat kids that piss them off.. but if those same kids beat someone else for pissing them off they are bad people? o.O .. no wonder america is fucked.. we expect youngsters to follow an example most parents cant even live up to themselves.. so maybe the kids should beat the parents whenever theyre bad instead.. just sayin

I just don't think beating a kid for any reason is right, and some people also seem to forget about verbal abuse, which at times can be even more damaging then physical abuse. The way i see it, kids pick up bad behaviors from things they see & are around, a lot of the time its what they see their parents do. Set a good example for your kids, and hope they grow up to be respectable members of society, they are people, not silly putty that you mold into different forms as you see fit.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=80706.msg864394#msg864394 date=1339599064]
> @ Aeri..
> I feel the death penalty is actually under used. Eye for an Eye, if you kill someone your life should end as well. (minus self defense)

So you want to kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong?

Anyway, I just feel that nobody should kill anyone. The killer might be the lowest of the low, a pile of steaming shit, but a life is a life.

IMO, lock them up in a small steel cell, feed them twice a day on whatever mush is left over from pig-feed and don't ever let them out