Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

I reported a bug that is happening with this version:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/130024-serious-chat-refresh-bug-official-version-and-nightly-eclipse/#entry859473](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/130024-serious-chat-refresh-bug-official-version-and-nightly-eclipse/#entry859473)

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion. That would be a very nice touch I think.

Global variables and switches.

Variables/Switches that are the same for everyone.

This way you could for example do an event, where everyone have to collect x items together. The event adds 1 everytime someone gives an item. And when it hits the x it unlocks something.

> I have a suggestion. That would be a very nice touch I think.
>
> Global variables and switches.
>
> Variables/Switches that are the same for everyone.
>
> This way you could for example do an event, where everyone have to collect x items together. The event adds 1 everytime someone gives an item. And when it hits the x it unlocks something.

Isnt that already there? That global thingy

> I have a suggestion. That would be a very nice touch I think.
>
> Global variables and switches.
>
> Variables/Switches that are the same for everyone.
>
> This way you could for example do an event, where everyone have to collect x items together. The event adds 1 everytime someone gives an item. And when it hits the x it unlocks something.

> Isnt that already there? That global thingy

No, that global checkbox is only for events to be seen by every player in the same coordinates, but not for set the switches on to all the players.

I like that globals siwtches/variables idea and i think it would be easy to, for example set the global switches and variables above number 1000 and the normal ones below number 1000, and then save the global variables in a bin file in the server.

Maybe if someone can do it, that will be nice.

> No, that global checkbox is only for events to be seen by every player in the same coordinates, but not for set the switches on to all the players.
>
> I like that globals siwtches/variables idea and i think it would be easy to, for example set the global switches and variables above number 1000 and the normal ones below number 1000, and then save the global variables in a bin file in the server.
>
> Maybe if someone can do it, that will be nice.

Oh, didnt know that.

Yea, that would be nice.

> I think global would really be global, server-wide that saves even when the server is shut off… Or at least, that is what comes to mind :/

This. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Just copy all of the code to do with the current player switches but name it something like serverSwitch and then make the variable something public outside of the player rect so it's only dependent on the quest number for updating and not the player number with it.

> Just copy all of the code to do with the current player switches but name it something like serverSwitch and then make the variable something public outside of the player rect so it's only dependent on the quest number for updating and not the player number with it.

You would have a server rec with the switches, you would need to set up loading and saving of them which isn't bad but then you also need to add the options to the event editor which is a huge pain to work with simply because it is so massive.

Ya, the saving/loading is only a couple of lines of code to add server switches to the switches.ini file already used to record player switch names (or just making a new ini file for server switches) and your right the main pain is adding the option to the editor since its so annoying moving around the frames and getting them all back in the right spots.

Adding the server switches isn't hard at all to code, it's just annoying to do.

I'm not a vb6 programmer, but forms. That shouldn't be hard.

Hope you can use this! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

[attachment=256:frmEditor_Events.zip]

Added (Hope I don't forgot to list anything)

Tried to make the names as similar as possible to the others.

cmdCommands (x2)

fraCommand

lblRandomLabel

lblRandomLabel

cmbSetGlobalSwitch

cmbSetGlobalSwitchTo

cmbGlobalSwitch_Ok

cmbGlobalSwitch_Cancel

fraCommand

plenty of lblRandomLabel

cmbGlobalVariable

txtGlobalVariableData (x5)

optGlobalVariableAction (x4)

cmdGlobalVariableOK

cmdGlobalVariableCancel

optCondition_Index (x2)

cmbCondition_GlobalSwitch

cmbCondtion_GlobalSwitchCondition

cmbCondition_GlobalrVarIndex

cmbCondition_GlobalVarCompare

txtCondition_GlobalVarCondition

First time I done a form without a tutorial, criticism is welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
I found a bug in the sound system. (this does not happen at EO2.3)

When I play a wave sound of 705kbps, 1 second long and 144KB size and try to play in an event it plays once.

When I play a wave sound of 263kbps, 2 seconds long and 79,9KB size and try to play in an event it keeps playing untill I close the whole game (it even goes ahead at main menu)

I suppose it's not supposed to loop no matter what the sizes are, right?

Nice work! I think I'll base DarkEclipse on this from now on (it should be easy to port setting spawnpoint in options.ini). However I think few things should be added:

- Global Variables/Switches. They would help on making more advanced stuff, like guilds, etc. with events alone.

- Processing Move away/towards player and face to/from player in global events **starting on button or touch**. Obviously they shouldn't be parsed in Parallel Process, but for touch/button events, these commands would just assume that player they are supposed to move to is the one who initiated event (step on it or pressed action button towards it). This would allow for all fun kinds of puzzle that require cooperations of players to solve, such as e.g. boulder puzzle know from many "standard" RPGs like Chrono Trigger.

//edit: Also Unicode support, or if it is too much, ability to choose codepage - I'm sick of seeing weird characters instead of ones I've intended to type (central european, that is) - "Zażółć gęślÄ… jaźń" should look like "Zażółć gęślÄ… jaźń", not "Za¿ó³Ã¦ gêœl¹ jaŸñ".

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

For amusing factor, unicode characters (well, polish ones at least) works good in labels and listboxes, such as chat log or listbox in event editor, but not in editboxes and in chat bubbles.

//edit: How to generate bitmap font for EO Nightly![/background]

For amusing factor, unicode characters (well, polish ones at least) works good in labels and listboxes, such as chat log or listbox in event editor, but not in editboxes and in chat bubbles.

//edit: OH SHI-! Posted it in replybox instead of message edit box! Please merge this with my previous message! Sorry!

//edit#2: How to generate bitmap font for EO Nightly!

This time I'm bumping on purpose - I've found pretty bad bug (not critical though). When clicking Screenshot Map button in admin panel, the only thing I get is a gray image. Can you fix that? Tried myself, but this routine doesn't make any sense for me:

```
Public Sub ScreenshotMap()

Dim x As Long, y As Long, i As Long, rec As RECT, drec As RECT

' If debug mode, handle error then exit out

If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

frmMain.picSSMap.Cls

' render the tiles

For x = 0 To Map.MaxX

For y = 0 To Map.MaxY

With Map.Tile(x, y)

For i = MapLayer.Ground To MapLayer.Mask2

' skip tile?

If (.Layer(i).Tileset > 0 And .Layer(i).Tileset <= NumTileSets) And (.Layer(i).x > 0 Or .Layer(i).y > 0) Then

' sort out rec

rec.Top = .Layer(i).y * PIC_Y

rec.Bottom = rec.Top + PIC_Y

rec.Left = .Layer(i).x * PIC_X

rec.Right = rec.Left + PIC_X

drec.Left = x * PIC_X

drec.Top = y * PIC_Y

drec.Right = drec.Left + (rec.Right - rec.Left)

drec.Bottom = drec.Top + (rec.Bottom - rec.Top)

' render

RenderTextureByRects Tex_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, drec

End If

Next

End With

Next

Next

' render the resources

For y = 0 To Map.MaxY

If NumResources > 0 Then

If Resources_Init Then

If Resource_Index > 0 Then

For i = 1 To Resource_Index

If MapResource(i).y = y Then

Call DrawMapResource(i, True)

End If

Next

End If

End If

End If

Next

' render the tiles

For x = 0 To Map.MaxX

For y = 0 To Map.MaxY

With Map.Tile(x, y)

For i = MapLayer.Fringe To MapLayer.Fringe2

' skip tile?

If (.Layer(i).Tileset > 0 And .Layer(i).Tileset <= NumTileSets) And (.Layer(i).x > 0 Or .Layer(i).y > 0) Then

' sort out rec

rec.Top = .Layer(i).y * PIC_Y

rec.Bottom = rec.Top + PIC_Y

rec.Left = .Layer(i).x * PIC_X

rec.Right = rec.Left + PIC_X

drec.Left = x * PIC_X

drec.Top = y * PIC_Y

drec.Right = drec.Left + (rec.Right - rec.Left)

drec.Bottom = drec.Top + (rec.Bottom - rec.Top)

' render

RenderTextureByRects Tex_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, drec

End If

Next

End With

Next

Next

' dump and save

frmMain.picSSMap.Width = (Map.MaxX + 1) * 32

frmMain.picSSMap.Height = (Map.MaxY + 1) * 32

rec.Top = 0

rec.Left = 0

rec.Bottom = (Map.MaxX + 1) * 32

rec.Right = (Map.MaxY + 1) * 32

SavePicture frmMain.picSSMap.Image, App.Path & "\map" & GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) & ".jpg"

' let them know we did it

AddText "Screenshot of map #" & GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) & " saved.", BrightGreen

' Error handler

Exit Sub

errorhandler:

HandleError "ScreenshotMap", "modGraphics", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext

Err.Clear

Exit Sub

End Sub
```

If there's TUTORIAL on how to fix this bug, shouldn't be, I don't know… FIXED?!

//edit: And this "tutorial" makes game outputting screen with all gui elements, while what I want is map's render without any of the gui. And since any player can use printscreen, then paste to Paint, it is even more useles from player's standpoint.

> If there's TUTORIAL on how to fix this bug, shouldn't be, I don't know… FIXED?!
>
> //edit: And this "tutorial" makes game outputting screen with all gui elements, while what I want is map's render without any of the gui. And since any player can use printscreen, then paste to Paint, it is even more useles from player's standpoint.

The "fix" was by me and not JC and from what I can tell JC hasn't updated this in awhile as he is stepping down from vb6 Developer for Eclipse. Thats the point of us posting bug fixes in the bug fix thread so people can add them in on their own.

Also yes, it does include all of the GUI elements. Thats the only way I could figure out how to do it as the rendering system used in this version and others with the screenshot butter is never actually putting any of the images onto a picture box like the old versions do with pic screen so it's a lot harder to cut out parts. But as no one has posted a way to do it while hiding the GUI elements, this is the best you get for now unless you wish to code the system on your own and find the fix.

I'm a little confused about your line saying:

> And since any player can use printscreen, then paste to Paint, it is even more useles from player's standpoint.

How does a system that allows players to press one button that automatically makes an image in a folder useless compared to a system that makes the user have to press one button then open a program, press paste, then save it? This is much faster for the player and involves nothing on their end of outside game programs needed. Also with the old system players couldn't even take screenshots with the button, only Admins could as the button was linked to the Admin Panel (Which you could go back to by making the command linked to a vb6 command button instead of a keyboard button).