Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Females only?

saadhamza

As far as "Female" cars, there's really no such thing. No car is specifically for males or females.

If you want a fast sports-car, I would recommend something cheaper and more generic. You can supe-it-up to be much better than any Jaguar for a fraction of the price.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

Isn't the term "Female car" a bit of an oxymoron?  Women should be too busy in the kitchen to drive.

If your mind isn't set, you should take a look at some mustangs.  You should be able to find a 2005 model for under 10k on www.autotrader.com

Well, by female car, like a lot of people call a Mini Cooper a girls car. And like, a beetle or whatever is a pretty girly car. Though personally, i really like the Mini >.<

And the problem i saw with the Mustang is that its interior is pretty bad :( Or so i've heard. Like, it starts rattling a lot and stuff

Lol, I know what ya mean by girl car. I was trying to be sexist. :P

I dunno about the interiors rattling, my brother has a mustang and it doesn't rattle.  But to answer your question I don't think the jaguar is considered a girl car, as far as sports cars go I think only the Porsche is considered the girl car.  But the mustang is definitely the manliest!

@Eckhart:

> My bro got a mustang for 3k. It was convertible, engine is sweet and everything, but of course there's leaks on the top, repairs need to be made periodically, and its AC and heater blew out.

I have a '67 Cutlass Convertible I need to restore. That is definitely not a chick-car.

I recommend you get something you feel comfortable driving, ignore "Chick" vs. "Guy" car. Hell, I drove a 1999 Mercury Cougar for a while, and that isn't the manliest of cars. But it got me from point A to point B.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

>jaguar
>cheap

Come on, you're not that much of a prick Zonova. Also aren't you like fucking 16 or something? You have absolutely no business seriously considering acquiring a Jaguar. That age is when you get some cheap relable car that you learn the nuances of driving. Go for a 90s or early 2000s Honda, if you can afford an Accord with a v6 they can get up pretty good.

Well i had just looked up sports cars under 10k, and jaguar came up. There were a few on ebay that were like 2002, and cost around 7000$. I thought that seemed like an alright price for a first car D: I mean, i'm saving up to buy it once i'm 18 so… i dunno, i can get something cheaper though lol. What's a good price range if i'm looking for a car at 18?

I disagree with both anna, and marsh. My first car.. at the age of 19 was a 16.5k 07 Honda.  Why bother going through the trouble of repairing a bunch of old worn out parts. Get the newer car. Go to a dealership with your mom or dad, and get them to cosign a newer used car. Have the money in full, but use this opportunity to raise your credit.

Wow I didn't know Jags lost so much value. My 2000 Honda Civic is almost worth as much.

Also another thing is getting basic maintenance on a Jaguar is probably a major hassle. You don't need some fancy exotic car for your first one. There are plenty of basic imports and domestics that are sporty.

But also sporty isn't always that great. Sure the asshole with the brand new Corvette his parents bought him is nice, but it isn't fun. You can't take a bunch of friends around in it, smoke up, or go off the beaten path with it.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=81662.msg875183#msg875183 date=1342896301]
> I disagree with both anna, and Marshy Dearest. My first car.. at the age of 19 was a 16.5k 07 Honda.  Why bother going through the trouble of repairing a bunch of old worn out parts. Get the newer car. Go to a dealership with your mom or dad, and get them to cosign a newer used car. Have the money in full, but use this opportunity to raise your credit.

>implying I said anything against Hondas
>implying 90s Hondas are hard to maintain
Yeah if you can afford a new or near-new car, go for it. Not everybody can though.

I disagree with with some people have said I recommend getting something that is not girly like you originally planned. I don't know if jaguar is a girls car I always see it as an old guys car. Good thing there are so many online resources to help you decide.