Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early Graphics and Design Show Off of a Monster Fighting Game

magezhilo

Hello fellow Eclipse members, I've been pretty silent on these forums lately, but I've been busy with my art. If none of you have seen my art yet feel free to check out my blog –> [HERE](http://forrestimel.blogspot.com/)

I still have a passion for wanting to create games though, and lately I've been slowly but surely working on a game that I have a huge desire to make a reality. It's a monster fighting game. My goal with this game is to take common MMORPG features and combine them into a game similar to Pokemon. I've been a huge fan of pet and monster games for a long time and so I thought one day, "why not combine these features all into one badass online game? And I'm tired of the common generic pokemon style being used everywhere, I'll put my own style into this game." So, I thought to combine features from games like Digimon and Pokemon, and even Dragon City on Facebook. Anything to make this game more diverse but still familiar to players.

**Graphics**

We want graphics to not look so kiddy, we want to attract all those veteran pokemon and digimon and neopets players out there and get them back into the virtual pet games they grew up and loved. But this time, the pets have matured a bit into badass looking beasts that aren't afraid to get a little bloody. "Gasp! Blood?! Don't be absurd! In Pokemon the creatures just fainted so it was ok!!"… Well, too bad, in this you do kill monsters. And yes... There will be blood.

**Summary of Gameplay**

So to put it in a nutshell, you are a mage (Might create more unique of a name later on in development). Mages go around and seal monsters using spell pages (whether it be for combat purposes or for breeding), so when you try and capture a monster either you seal it successfully, or a seal page in your spellbook burns up. For all you imbeciles out there, Spellbook = Pokeballs. There will be a large storyline in the game that we are currently working on. We want a lot of features in this game and hope to be able to supply the features we want to the players.

At the moment we have the three starters drawn up and one of the evolutions for each, each one specializing in a specific stat.

Dragon = Strength
Phoenix = Agility
Gargoyle = Magic

There are 4 major elements, and each starter can evolve in to whichever element you want them to evolve to giving the player the option to decide which element they want first without having to choose a stupid looking monster. We have tons of features planned and I think I will try to post in this thread updates on the games graphics, since we are so early in development (don't even have a programmer yet (Though we are starting our search at Oregon State University soon)) I can't show anything but graphics and storyline updates at this time.

This game will not be made with eclipse, at the moment we are strongly leaning toward it being a browser based game and we hope after we get some programing started we can open up a kickstarter. Kickstarter is a great way for funding and I think this game has the balls to make the goal we set for it.

Thanks people :) Any questions at all feel free to ask

(Here we have the Earth dragon, Fire Phoenix, and Wind Gargoyle)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/de7f8683c8d07bf891676744a1d0f85e.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6b7939d03705c99692110fc1fd4c767a.png)

Monsters all look incredible! Amazing work. I could nitpick a few suggestions about the mage though; I've noticed with quite a few of your human drawings, that they look a bit stocky. The arms look a bit short (a rule of thumb is usually that the relaxed arm's fingers should just reach the knees), and the calves and feet look huge contrasted to the quads/hamstrings (upper legs). Especially the ankes and left foot. If the humans waist is that large, and he has a muscular build, his upper legs should definately be a lot bigger. Pecs are also quite high.

Definately will be keeping an eye out for this, the monsters look amazing and I can't wait to see more!

@Eckhart:

> >Phoenix
> >Agility
> Seems sketch to me.
> Also, why 3 starters? Why not 4? Good art though

Most people are used to 3 starters in these type of games and they also allow the players to choose which stat they'd like to specialize in to start with.

@ICT:

> If your a chimp..
>
> I agree completely with the legs, they need to be thinned out a tad.

lol, yeah I usually go wrist=crotch level. I've never seen relaxed hands fingers reaching the knees. However I will edit the legs, thanks guys :)

@Wraith:

> lol, yeah I usually go wrist=crotch level. I've never seen relaxed hands fingers reaching the knees. However I will edit the legs, thanks guys :)

Heard something like that a while ago. Only just tested it out myself now. My fingers are about 5cm off my knees when i stretch my arms, and probably 15cm off when relaxed. So ignore that