Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D Eclipse a Success Project

Pazuzu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I hate to be the 'negative' one on this post and I'm not here to throw another developer under the bus but I'm calling shenanigans on this until we see a video or some solid proof.

I thought the same, but since I am not into 3D physics, I can't really say this kid didn't do it, but judging from the screenshots, this does look a little sus.

I'd like to see the interaction between the menu system and the game itself, video preferrably.

I still say shenanigans. Likely, this is simply some sort of 'Planet Source Code' or equiv 3d 'engine' simply added into the existing Eclipse into a PictureBox and saying it's a 3D version. It's likely in no way, shape, or form connected to anything to do with Eclipse.

Just my thoughts though, if it's legit. awesome possum. Honestly, I'm calling shenanigans. Let's see a video and be proved wrong though ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> Obviously HeroEngine is better man, It's professional and $99 a year. This is just a kid having some fun and ducking around with the world. C'mon now.

C'mon what? I said it's absolutely valid as his small project. What I say is that using it is not a valid way of making a 3D mmo game if you decide to use someone's engine.

> Depends on how well he makes it.
>
> Take Dx9 based engines like TV3D that support VB6 and it's certainly doable, but I probably would expect a 'large' 3d MMO using VB6.

Never said it wasn't doable, it just seems pointless when something like this could be handled in another language with less work and better handling.

It's almost like wanting to waste your time.

Looks good, though i have no idea why you would do this using Eclipse. Write it from scratch and it will be a million times better. Or use a prebuilt base, it will save you tons of time. There is some great 3D options out there. Unless you just want to learn some stuff from a coding perspective. Then go for it!

Marshy Dearest

> Looks good, though i have no idea why you would do this using Eclipse. Write it from scratch and it will be a million times better. Or use a prebuilt base, it will save you tons of time. There is some great 3D options out there. Unless you just want to learn some stuff from a coding perspective. Then go for it!

Marshy Dearest you are correct in every bit of data you wrote.

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone still remember my promise since last month? I promise to post my latest vid of the engine. Well i did recorded it last month but i doesn't have time upload that engine until today, sorry. So here is my vid.

[media]http://youtu.be/Dqtj6JuVsz8[/media]

For some specification here is a the system requirement.

ž3D Graphic Card

žWindows 98/ME/XP/Vista/7 or higher

žPentium III processor or higher

žDirectX 8

so it is concluded that it is compatible with any computer that can support eclipse 3.0.

Best Regard

Wind_Devil

*P:S I'm now busy with my final semester exam so maybe i can't post that often in two weeks

I'd release this just for the source and those little models that are in them, because even without models or something to work with as a base somebody can certainly learn from this tech and modify it. There is a great amount of knowledge to be gained from a DX8 base with 3D written in VB6 in the first place. You can worry about adding models for a demo later if you can provide an actual set of tools with all of those things Eclipse has in that version working with 3D.