Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse community: Scum

bournelach

Just wanted to point out to the community the notion of trust.

I was found through this forum when a friend posted that i was looking for work as a concept artist. I was contacted through deviantart by a fellow eclipse member 'Agoraphobic'. Some may know him, others may not but know he is a fraud. I did the work he commissioned for his project which took some time. Admitedly i was careless and too trusting and ended up having my work ripped from this man with out being payed a single cent. It is an insult to my work and an insult to this forum community. Just raising my voice about this user 'Agoraphobic' DO NOT TRUST HIM.

and a message in general to the community saying this from experience, TRUST NOBODY! Or you will have your time wasted like i had.

Thankyou for reading

As I said in the warning, it's understandable. But shouting it all over the place won't help anyone I'm afraid, it'll just get you in trouble.

Better off contacting either a Moderator, or an Administrator with full details so we can look into it, and nag him. ;]

> As I said in the warning, it's understandable. But shouting it all over the place won't help anyone I'm afraid, it'll just get you in trouble.
>
> Better off contacting either a Moderator, or an Administrator with full details so we can look into it, and nag him. ;]

Yeah your right sorry. I just though people should know of him.I really do want something done about it but wasnt sure how to go about it seeing as though i wasnt a part of this forum before and all i know of this guy is his username. How do i contact an admin? I sent an email via the contact tab but im not sure who its going too.

Thanks

Appalling when shit like this happens, I've seen a few cases before. Only thing you can do is name and shame unfortately. Keep your work watermarked and low-quality until payed for. Of course this is hard for 'concept art for reproduction and reference' (designs which they'll use not to 'show off', but more so recreate in stories, or pixel art, or models) because they can still use the concept design for what they want regardless of the watermark.

I see he also deactivated his deviantart to run away. ![-_-](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep.png)

Very interesting story, funny I recall things going a different way.

I did contact you through deviant art to commission you to do two pieces of art. You however would not discuss the cost of said art, you would say we will discuss about it later. I had brought it up several times as you showed me your progress, however no price was given.

When you finished said art, you wanted $60 for an okay colored concept art, I liked it for what it was, however not the price for it. Truthfully it was not worth the price for said art. So I said no, I'll not be using said art in my project as I did not purchase it, and finally I deleted my deviant art account because I had no need of it anymore (I only created one to contact you).

On the thing about "hiding", if I planned on ripping anyone off, I wouldn't have used my name Agoraphobic, nor would have said what forum I was from. I will not have my reputation sullied as I have purchased several items from people from this site, who I know will vouch for me.

Your art was inferior for the price you were charging.

I enjoyed your email also.

>! Your a ducking scumbag piece of bum candy!!! I hope your shitty fanny bandit project fails im going to make sure my friend gives you bad rep on that forum and anywhere else you are. Dont think this is over whisker biscuit. Everyones going to hear word of how much of a whisker biscuit you are.
>! Thanks for wasting my time fuckwit.

Edit: Dug through my email and uploaded said picture you wanted for $60\. As you can see it's watermarked and a jpg. So there would be no point in trying to "steal" it and claim it as my own.

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/aU1NB.jpg)

I'd like to drop my piece in, might help - Might not, who knows.

In the case of buyer/seller. It's pretty much a seller's responsibility to find out exactly what the buyer wants and for the price that the buyer would pay for said product, (EG - I wouldn't buy a box of cereal if it cost 10 dollars.)

This should be as if it was in real life situations, if you got something to sell but you can't sell it, that comes with the territory of selling - That's why Walmart always got bum candy on their shelves..

So, if the buyer refrains from using the product without purchase then there should be no beef and if the seller thinks time is lost then the seller should try to re-negotiate the deal or he/she can find another who is looking for that kind of product.

I'm going to have to vouch for Agoraphobic on this one, i did some programming work for him not too long ago and i was paid swiftly and fully. To me i could trust Agoraphobic, someone i have done business with previously rather than bournelach who randomly popped out the blue. How do we even know you didn't receive the payment let alone proof of Agoraphobic stealing your work. Now i know from a statement previously made by Agoraphobic that the buyer simply said he was no longer interested due to the high cost. Tough look man, unless you can prove Agoraphobic used your work then you don't have a case.

In the end i see someone innocent until proven guilty, and you sir have little to no evidence.

Regards,

General Pony

> Very interesting story, funny I recall things going a different way.
>
> I did contact you through deviant art to commission you to do two pieces of art. You however would not discuss the cost of said art, you would say we will discuss about it later. I had brought it up several times as you showed me your progress, however no price was given.
>
> When you finished said art, you wanted $60 for an okay colored concept art, I liked it for what it was, however not the price for it. Truthfully it was not worth the price for said art. So I said no, I'll not be using said art in my project as I did not purchase it, and finally I deleted my deviant art account because I had no need of it anymore (I only created one to contact you).
>
> On the thing about "hiding", if I planned on ripping anyone off, I wouldn't have used my name Agoraphobic, nor would have said what forum I was from. I will not have my reputation sullied as I have purchased several items from people from this site, who I know will vouch for me.
>
> Your art was inferior for the price you were charging.
>
> I enjoyed your email also.
>
>
> >! Your a ducking scumbag piece of bum candy!!! I hope your shitty fanny bandit project fails im going to make sure my friend gives you bad rep on that forum and anywhere else you are. Dont think this is over whisker biscuit. Everyones going to hear word of how much of a whisker biscuit you are.
> >! Thanks for wasting my time fuckwit.
>
> Edit: Dug through my email and uploaded said picture you wanted for $60\. As you can see it's watermarked and a jpg.
>
>
> >! ![](http://i.imgur.com/aU1NB.jpg)

Your a liar bro, ive got all the messages of contact we had. The last one you said was i quote " I love it, very well done" you never said "no, you dont want it" you just upped and left with no warning. You reeled me along telling me you liked it even i sent you 2 previews of the progress to which you said you loved it. I didnt negotaite on a price right away, true, thats because i was new to it and didnt know what to charge but you could have atleast negotiated the price down to a more fitting price for you atleast.

I dont care if your friends vouch for you. What i know is that you wasted my time by reeling me in. It took me over 7 hours on that piece. If it was "okay" then why did you say you love it? You then ditched me with no warning and left me hanging. Cheers

So, he's not actually using your work at all?

Then why on Earth are you calling him a fraud? He's done nothing wrong, it's your fault for ignoring him asking for prices, and you're just complaining here, acting butthurt, making claims that you've just contradicted!

I'm with Agoraphobic on this matter, he's not even -using- your work. I understand you'd be mad for him choosing not to buy it from there, but that doesn't make him fraudulent. >_>

I should start a new internet campaign to put with Freemdomz. (bournelach: Scum)

Also, side note, you have just been Freemdomz'ed.

Anyway, on-topic (which is ironic with it being an off-topic post): So far, the only evidence we have seen, is the original contact request, and the alleged "art" which you were willing to provide. (Albeit, it looks more like a half-assed drawing than concept art.) And you claim he said it was awesome, which he blatantly denies. (Now due to this, I cannot actually take either side as anything serious, and as such, must discard all arguments when passing any form of judgement.)

Now assuming that I was not able to so easily dismiss both arguments, let me point out some fallacies in both arguments. (Because I am non-biased, if I were to allow bias, then I would have to accept Agoraphobic's argument as true, but I cannot do so in a situation like this.)

First off, the OP cannot use any form of professional grammar, spelling, punctuation, or sentence structure, thus making his accounts much less believable.

Second, Agoraphobic claims you did not submit a requested amount of payment upfront, which is a very poor act on your part. You should not enter into any form of work with or for anyone without knowing the full details of the cost ahead of time. (In free work, this usually denotes the seller and buyer agreeing that no payment will take place. In paid work, this usually denotes the seller and buyer agreeing on the amount of payment, and the time in which it will take place.) This is actually a mistake on both ends.

Third, as for the "The last one you said was i quote " I love it, very well done"", you didn't post any logs, so this may have been taken out of context and referring to a prior concept, which may have looked very well done, however may not have been worth the amount of money you were charging.

Fourth, double-posting is uncool. You can edit the previous post to add new information.

Now, onto Agoraphobic's faults.

First off, you did not get a firm cost prior to initiating the deal. This is both your fault, as well as his. (I stated this earlier, so I will not post more here.)

Second, upon receiving initial concepts on the concept art (redundant sentence, although I did it with real class.), you should have offered suggestions for improvement. (This is actually a common issue with dealings of this sort, as the buyer is not entirely aware of what it is that (s)he want's exactly.)

–-

Tldr; Both parties made mistakes. Grow up and stop bitching about it.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

Seriously, you're just being a douche right now Bourne. Your work is not being stolen or used without compensation for you. The only thing that happened is you put some work in and failed to sell the final product. THIS HAPPENS. DEAL WITH IT. Artists have it so easy in modern times. Anyway, you shouldn't go around and calling entire online communities (some of whom may have been a future market for your services) scum. All it does is show that you're an entitlted douchebag (and it's good to know that isn't monopolized by Americans). It sucks you couldn't sell your work to the prospective client, but again, that happens. Chalk it up as experience, and additional content for your portfolio.

The response and actions you've performed as a result of this are not productive to your growth as an artist in making contacts or improving your economic potential. All you've been doing is alienating potential market for your limited services. Because come the duck on, nowadays artists (and overpriced art services) are all over the Internet.