Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega

Ertzel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a bug whenever I hit the ctrl key I get an error from the server. The error only happens when I hit ctrl key while i'm in the client can you please fix or respond with a fix asap ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I cannot run EM as I no longer have a working Windows system so I cannot bug check this for myself. Simply saying you get a runtime error when you hit ctrl doesn't help me at all as I cannot run the engine myself to try and never had this problem when I could run the engine.

If you can run both the client and server through vb6 and tell me the actual code that is highlighted in the error then I at least have something to look at, but since no one else has reported a problem which everyone would have as soon as they tried attacking anything, it appears to be something on your end most likely.

> Ertzel it happened with me. He's using a version where you can like just walk through the jail making it duck up.

Can you run it through vb6 and tell me what line is actually giving the error? Since I can't actually run a game with EM anymore since I have no PC, I have no way of trying to bug fix it without seeing what part of the code is giving the problem.

Ertzel i have a question

Did your Quest system made by using alatar one ? (dx7) or Eragon one (Alatar but converted to dx8) ?

i'm trying and trying to make it work everytime i fail on it if you could give some hints to : where there need changes etc or even just give out the whole EM quest system (with the emplacements) i don't know sometime so people could give their help on it to debug it thanks in advance !

Ertzel i have a question

Did your Quest system made by using alatar one ? (dx7) or Eragon one (Alatar but converted to dx8) ?

i'm trying and trying to make it work everytime i fail on it if you could give some hints to : where there need changes etc or even just give out the whole EM quest system (with the emplacements) i don't know sometime so people could give their help on it to debug it thanks in advance !

Death put the Quest system into EM, not me. I think he used Alatar's though but not sure. He ducked up something with either the saving or loading in the quest system though when he put it into EM and I cannot fix it as I need to be able to login to the game to do so and can't.

Hello, I am kind of new to Eclipse, but not a beginner and am using Eclipse Mega 1.0.8 for the first time. I am having an error problem. I have an npc that gives a quest but when I press "Ctrl" to interact with him, I get "runtime error 9-subscript out of range" and the game and server then shut down. I am quite happy with this custom engine and hope to keep using it. Can someone help me out with a solution?

-Synister

> Oh nvm then I like EA 3.0.21 sense it has a better admin panel >_>.

lol what…

And this has features from EA 3.0.10 and below as that was the base, it has nothing done from 3.0.11 to 3.0.21.

As to Sinisters question, as I have said a few times now the quest system is bugged to shit because Deathbeam ducked up something when he added it to EM and I never bug tested it before releasing the system in EM. It either doesn't save or load quests properly but since my PC broke I cannot edit the source anymore to fix the problem.

Yes, as pointed out a few times the spell system causes a crash because of the way I originally setup the combat skills with the spells. I removed them from spells altogether and based it off of the item's combat type/level used to activate the spell instead. However since I cannot test it I haven't been able to upload the fix.

As for the GUI with buttons, look at an older version of EM or a version of EA if you wish to add the useless menu icons back in. To edit the keyboard shortcuts look in modInput and somewhere in the first couple subs (I forget the name) is the code for opening the windows and you just have to change the key code for that window.

**Dr:** I do not know when or if I will be able to fix it. I have no money to fix my PC so it may not get fixed by me.

**Laz:** Please read the thread when you have questions. I explained how to change the keyboard shortcuts 4 posts ago.

Go into modInput and look in one of the first couple subs (I cannot access vb6 right now so I forget which one it is) and you will see something for OpenWindow or something similar to that. Then find which OpenWindow you are wanting to change and edit the key for that,